PDA

View Full Version : Most challenging job?

Dirty Water
06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
So, what is the hardest thing you've done in the irrigation biz?

I have lots of stories of technical challenges, but the one job I hated the most was moving a backflow from a crawlspace to valvebox outdoors (DCV).

The first challenge was tunneling under the existing foundation in frozen ground. This took a very long time. Then I had to crawl under the house and sawcut the doublecheck out (Brass nipples with no unions), Replumb pipe and shove the new pipe under the crawlspace.

Every part of the job was tough and took too long. I really wish I had a 2" concrete holesaw :(

londonrain
06-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Weekly challenges for me ... New mega zone property I am now managing ..30 zones not working out of 130+ zones on 6 different clocks upon initial inspection ...cut wires, bad controller, cut common under rd, bad solenoids, main line leaks, cut laterals, isolation valve cut off ,etc.....

Mike Leary
06-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Weekly challenges for me ... New mega zone property I am now managing ..30 zones not working out of 130+ zones on 6 different clocks upon initial inspection ...cut wires, bad controller, cut common under rd, bad solenoids, main line leaks, cut laterals, isolation valve cut off ,etc.....

So?...............

londonrain
06-10-2008, 10:25 PM
So?...............
dont be jealous...:rolleyes:

Mike Leary
06-10-2008, 10:32 PM
dont be jealous...:rolleyes:

I am, if it was close, I'd be asking about full hook ups.

londonrain
06-10-2008, 10:51 PM
I am, if it was close, I'd be asking about full hook ups.You could park old "Bess" in the common area and ride around on the golf cart with a Rain Master remote in hand.....:drinkup:

Mike Leary
06-10-2008, 10:56 PM
You could park old "Bess" in the common area and ride around on the golf cart with a Rain Master remote in hand.....:drinkup:

Bess says "yes".

londonrain
06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
instead of harassing fellow irrigators maybe you could brush-up on your AC repair skills...
http://bryantrv.com/roofac.html

sweet ride......:clapping:

Mike Leary
06-10-2008, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=londonrain;2367930harassing fellow irrigators[/QUOTE]

How about keeping them honest?

londonrain
06-10-2008, 11:18 PM
How about keeping them honest?lol...
good luck...your like the irrigation fuzz:nono:

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-11-2008, 07:30 AM
My biggest challenge is managing call volume and maintaining quality service. The work even though tough at times is the easy part. I hate not having the time to finish a job on the same trip and finishing strong as well. Walk through with the customer, double checking nozzles, setting timer, etc.

DanaMac
06-11-2008, 08:37 AM
My biggest challenge is managing call volume and maintaining quality service. The work even though tough at times is the easy part. I hate not having the time to finish a job on the same trip and finishing strong as well. Walk through with the customer, double checking nozzles, setting timer, etc.

Bingo!! I can work in the field all day long and be fine. A few hiccups here and there. But running the office and the call volume and the endless babbling and ranting is what is challenging for me.

Out in the field though... hmmmmmm...... gotta think on that one.

Tom Tom
06-11-2008, 09:57 AM

yes, yes, yes, did I say yes

Waterit
06-11-2008, 10:31 AM
What they said^

jerryrwm
06-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Biggest challenge recently -- getting my butt outta bed.

Wet_Boots
06-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Avoiding telling a (soon to be former) customer that his gripe about a sevice call is not only unfounded, but downright idiotic. {at least until I know the check cleared}