PDA

View Full Version : What about the Middle Class

kinglin
06-10-2008, 09:23 PM
It seems that the large majority of members on here only mow for the wealthy with the large lawns. Maybe I'm wrong. Do you guys not mow the typical middle class subdivision lawns?

bohiaa
06-10-2008, 09:37 PM
typical middle class ????

I thought Bush took care of that ...............

dura to the max
06-10-2008, 09:46 PM
i cut many for the middle class, good people. in my mind theyre easier to deal w/ than the wealthy.

ed2hess
06-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Over 80% of the lawn in our city of a million are middle class and below and yes we make money off those also. Much easier to string togethe a bunch of them in a tight area.

ALC-GregH
06-15-2008, 09:20 AM
I would rather do my work for middle class folks all day long. Rich folks tend to be picky, snotty and just plain rude because they think their $hit don't stink. To them, money is power. Not all but some. Most middle class folks tend to realize just what it takes to mow their own lawn so they don't complain about much if anything as they already know the work involved to make it look as good as it does. Some are tight with their money, some are more then willing (and thankful that it's getting done and looking so nice) to pay to have the lawn mowed.

WHIPPLE5.7
06-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Most of my customers have less expensive home then me. They are just people who can't physically do the work themselves. Not a single one of my customers is rich. I had some high end places and they always treated you like crap. They think of you as their personal Toby. I have good social relations with my current customers because were all on the same level. My biggest problem with all that is I can't leave right away when I'm done because always want to talk.

shovelracer
06-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I would rather do my work for middle class folks all day long. Rich folks tend to be picky, snotty and just plain rude because they think their $hit don't stink. To them, money is power. Not all but some. Most middle class folks tend to realize just what it takes to mow their own lawn so they don't complain about much if anything as they already know the work involved to make it look as good as it does. Some are tight with their money, some are more then willing (and thankful that it's getting done and looking so nice) to pay to have the lawn mowed.

Exactly, the hard working "middle class" are the best by far and comprise of my best clients. That being said I have several clients in million dollar homes and they are not by any means wealthy. Most have less expendable cash than the people in 500K homes. Many clients in "wealthy" homes drive 30K vehicles and the ones in 500K homes have 500 series Mercedes. A lot of ones that truly do have money and show it expect the "lawn boy" to also be the garbage man, pool guy, nanny, and handyman. I have no problem with this if the price is right, but a few expect all this just because they have allowed you the privilege of servicing their property. Middle class all the way.

freshprince94
06-15-2008, 05:02 PM
I do not mow any large wealthy properties (they're too far away). I mow for middle and working class.

STIHL GUY
06-15-2008, 08:39 PM
i do all my mowing for middle class

lifetree
06-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Over 80% of the lawn in our city of a million are middle class and below and yes we make money off those also. Much easier to string togethe a bunch of them in a tight area.

This is probably true of most any city or urban / suburban locale !!

lawnprosteveo
06-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I take care of 40 weekly accounts...all but 1 would be middle class/working class people. They are always grateful for the job done and the usually understand you are in the business to make a living....they dont usually try to nickel and dime you.

Lawnut101
06-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Exactly, the hard working "middle class" are the best by far and comprise of my best clients. That being said I have several clients in million dollar homes and they are not by any means wealthy. Most have less expendable cash than the people in 500K homes. Many clients in "wealthy" homes drive 30K vehicles and the ones in 500K homes have 500 series Mercedes. A lot of ones that truly do have money and show it expect the "lawn boy" to also be the garbage man, pool guy, nanny, and handyman. I have no problem with this if the price is right, but a few expect all this just because they have allowed you the privilege of servicing their property. Middle class all the way.

I agree with you.

topsites
06-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I would like to only mow for rich folks with big lots :p

But there ain't enough to go around, at least not hassle free ones.

So I take what I can get, if we get along that's half the battle.

k911lowe
06-16-2008, 02:22 PM
i do work for bout 40% middle class,today they are unstable;whereas,the upper class is usually stability thru tough times, as far as what i have seen over the years.

bohiaa
06-16-2008, 11:01 PM
I suppose it's where ya live, How you present yourslef, and the economics,

Were NOT all the same as far as classes, being in the sub's of Houston, We have a Ton of oil money out here, I am now doing 3 farms, that only are visited about 10 to 12 times a year. 1 polo ranch, and one farm that belongs to a race car team....

these are the "super rich in my book" however, there also super nice. always asking me if I need anything just ask. I have 3 ford tractors at my disposal.
horses, camp grounds, and sometimes the house it self,

However there are some that ya cant please, rich and not so much.......

it seems that there are people who are mad at the world in all walks of life

I know I'm truly Blesses

mngrassguy
06-17-2008, 04:07 AM
i do all my mowing for middle class

Same here.

PHS
06-17-2008, 06:59 AM
i do work for bout 40% middle class,today they are unstable;whereas,the upper class is usually stability thru tough times, as far as what i have seen over the years.

I've found the same thing

DA Quality Lawn & YS
06-17-2008, 08:00 PM
I, like others here, mow mostly middle class residential. Poorer people are putting all their $$ into gas right now, and richer people seem to hire the big operations around here (their loss I can do a better job than the hired help the big guys offer). I feel my customers, for the most part, are good honest quick paying people. Just what you'd want in a customer:)

Green Team Landscaping
06-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Yup.That's where all of mine are at. I have one account of a wealthier guy, but thats it. No mansions.