PDA

View Full Version : Blade Recommendation

dballs
06-10-2008, 09:37 PM
I put the mulch kit on my Stander 48" RH and was wondering if there are better blades to use than the standard blades that came on the machine?

Any recommendations?

WrightCommercial
06-11-2008, 08:43 AM
dballs,

Due to different conditions and different types of turf we have never recommended a blade set up for the mulch systems. If the stock blades aren't performing well a set of mulching blades should be tried next, they can reduce the pressure in deck. Prior to changing blades, check the pitch of the deck with someone on the mower, if the pitch is closer to flat its worse on mulch systems then on side discharging set-ups.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Department

jsf343
07-10-2008, 03:00 PM
dumb question here, but what is the proper method for checking the pitch? tape meassure on front of the deck from ground to bottom of the deck and the same on the back? do the wrights come from the factory pre set or is this something a buyer would need to check and set? Also what is the reccomended setting, would you need to change for different seasons?

sorry for all the questions just trying to learn more.

WrightCommercial
07-11-2008, 09:20 AM
jsf343,

It is best to check the pitch at the blade tips, position the blade front to back on the mower and take measurements at the front and back blade tip to the ground. The fac tory set is around a 1/4 " lower in the front, and going below an 1/8" or above 3/8" pitch isn't recommended. Depending on conditions and grass type sometimes a change in pitch might sometimes improve the cut. Alot of cut issues can be attributed to a flat pitch or even a negative pitch (back lower than front).

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Department

Bagit
10-06-2008, 08:26 PM
I put the mulch kit on my Stander 48" RH and was wondering if there are better blades to use than the standard blades that came on the machine?

Any recommendations?

I use oregon blades on my 36" Stander. The number on the back is 90 207. I have the mulch kit installed also. The blades are not gators. They are 17 55/64" long and have a 5/8 hole.