PDA

View Full Version : thinking about selling..

Lamonicaslawnservice
06-10-2008, 11:21 PM
my business. I love doing it but Im not sure if I have the time for it anymore. I gross about 30,000 a year so how does it work about priceing a business? does the truck get included? I have a brand new dodge so I doubt anyone would pay for the truck. You think anyone would buy it? If I dont get enough then I wont sell and just make time. Just debating I guess. Thanks guy

TPendagast
06-10-2008, 11:39 PM
I have bought and sold many businesses. I once was employed by Trugreen to evalaute businesses they bought.

First of all, to sell out you have to have something someone wants.

your small, you'd don't have a brand name that everyone recognizes or some trick phone number every one calls (ie 555-lawn)

(hint I actually own rights to 1-800-cut-tree)

likely no one really wants your truck or equipment as a package and if you went out of business tomorrow some of your accounts would go to one company some go to another (ie customers will find new contractors on their own)

So you have two choices:

Find a young guy (or gal) who is interested and mentor them as a partner (they are buying to your business with time) and you eventually let them buy you out.
OR you can just sell out your equipment by piecing it out to who ever will pay the best for it.

Personally, I would suggest hiring and mentoring someone who will eventually take it over, and buy you out.

Carolina Cuts
06-10-2008, 11:44 PM
if you're serious...
I sent you a pm.....
not interested in the truck.... but maybe we could work something out for cuts...

Carolina Cuts
06-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Alright everybody, what's the solution here... proper way to sell off customers.... I've heard so many different opinions over the years as far as worth...

what's the most logical?