PDA

View Full Version : Curbing Business

nthere1
06-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok this the first time I have posted on this site so I will tell you a little about myself.

Late 30's in Law Enforcement Married with two crumb snatchers. Live in North Carolina my main residence is in the sand hill area and have a place at the beach..So I got two places that I can market.

I was thinking about buying a curbing machine to have something to do on the side. I'm just looking to make a little extra$$$. I have several friends in the Lawn care business that told me if I got one that they would tell their customers about it. I do have alot of good friends that build houses for a living so I would be able to market there also.
I have read all the post on this site until I had a astigmatism in my eye..SO MUCH INFO. Ive only found to places in the yellow pages doing this business in my area. My Questions.

What is the best machine to go with ..Make and gas or electric

Does anyone hear have a set up for sale and why are you selling it

Anyone in this area doing well

Any cuber's that wil be nice enough to share do's and donts..

And anybody got a good business plan layout that they are willing to share..

thanks for all and any help.

Liendeni
06-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Wow....I'm not in the curbing business but that is asking for a lot of information on a thread type forum like this. Might want to ask one specific question at a time. You seem to get a better response. Maybe ask and see if anyone either has a curbing business or if they subcontract it out on any type of regular basis....enough so that they can give you some answers to some questions that you might have. Good luck!

billslawn89
06-11-2008, 08:05 PM
man, thats all you see in higher end homes here is that concrete curbing! very nice! that would be a good business here, i have people always asking if i did the edging, and i say no..i should sub it out like Liendeni said,:dancing:

Military Lawns
06-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Not in the curbing business but I have a friend who is. Before I give you my opinion, please go demo these machines with a crew for a day or two. The reason I am saying that is because the work is more detailed and time consuming than what you might think. I though about adding that to my business but after watching him do my house, it was too much for me to add to my business. Unless of course it was a separate business.

Anyhow, he uses a Lil Bubba curbing machine that is manufactured in the Orlando, Fl area.

Best Wishes,

DJ-

gorknoids
06-11-2008, 11:06 PM
A good friend of mine has been doing it for years. He's done very well with the business, and has done homes, golf courses, and commercial properties from SC to PA. As for specific equipment, I'd have to ask him and get back to you. I DO know that there's a wide-open market for it her in the mid-Atlantic region.

BillyRgn
06-12-2008, 01:10 PM
i do asphalt curbs, is this what you are talking about??

zemzabob
06-12-2008, 02:06 PM
i do asphalt curbs, is this what you are talking about??

No they are talking about cement curbing machines for edging around trees and landscaping.

Charles
06-12-2008, 02:46 PM
This is another Moose River Media forum that deals with Curbing:

http://www.landscapeconstructionsite.com/

BillyRgn
06-13-2008, 12:28 PM
No they are talking about cement curbing machines for edging around trees and landscaping.

oo OK, in my area , i haven't seen one property, with cement curbs, but i could see it being popular in other areas, around here if someone wants beds edges out they use Belgium block

zemzabob
06-13-2008, 12:32 PM
oo OK, in my area , i haven't seen one property, with cement curbs, but i could see it being popular in other areas, around here if someone wants beds edges out they use Belgium block

Yeah it dose look good I have cement curbing at my house I love it. I bey the block looks good to.

mikewhit1010
06-13-2008, 05:54 PM
I dont get what curbing is

zemzabob
06-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Here is a pic that will help you understand.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/zemzabob/houseCurb1.jpg

DeepGreenLawn
06-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Live in North Carolina my main residence is in the sand hill area and have a place at the beach..So I got two places that I can market.

DANG! I am a FF in GA and from what I understand, with our hours compared, we are able to make a good bit more than yall. How do you have two houses with one on the beach? I would just stick to what your doing, you are obviously doing something right!

zemzabob
06-13-2008, 07:39 PM
The guys that did my house were in and out in no time and they did a great job $500 I mean it was pretty quick they had to make good money on it.

Atlantic Lawn
06-13-2008, 07:58 PM
I've got an electric unit, http://www.creativecurbingmn.com/ worked great, along with a Turfco sod cutter. I'd be willing to let them go for a fair price. Building has about stopped here for the past year.Have a JRCO spreader, a drop in sprayer, and a few other things I'll be listing soon. PM if interested.

BCFLawnLandscape
06-16-2008, 09:30 PM
www.curbdepot.com This is who we bought our equipment from. Troy took great care of us! Tell him I sent you.

bmyownboss2005
06-22-2008, 12:11 AM
I have a Lil Bubba Curbing machine for sale. New Honda motor!!!!! PM me