PDA

View Full Version : There goes June...

JeffY
06-11-2008, 10:44 PM
This is not a great season for us for irrigation. We're in the mist of an extreme weather event of tornadoes and heavy rain. Just got reports that we had 4+ inches of rain and more storms still heading our way. We have many accounts that are not returning our calls to turn on sprinkler systems and obviously no calls for tech work as mother nature is taking care of it. Normally, July and August become dry for us, but the jet stream is staying stationary over us till then, so it means more wet/stormy weather until then.

Waterit
06-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Got the opposite here. No rain in almost 3 weeks, dry as a bone, everything is burning up, all the little dry spots showing up.

Daytime temps in the 90's with 80-90% humidity.

Can't wait for November!

AI Inc
06-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Was 104 here in Southern NH mon and tue, or as I like to call it " lawn burning weather"

DanaMac
06-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Was 104 here in Southern NH mon and tue, or as I like to call it " lawn burning weather"

My dad in Mass. called me Tuesday and told me it was over 100. Then my mom visiting in Montana called me the same day and said it was SNOWING. No lie.

bobw
06-12-2008, 08:56 AM
We've been rained out for installs for the last 10 days and more rain in the forecast. Until things dry up enough that landscapers can get loam delivered, we're just sitting here twiddling our thumbs. Grrrrrr

JeffY
06-12-2008, 08:58 AM
And because of those two extreme temperature differences, we're caught right in the middle and getting crazy storms. I feel for those boys that were caught in that boy scout camp. I used to camp there and there really isn't much in the way of storm shelters.

DanaMac
06-12-2008, 08:59 AM
We've been rained out for installs for the last 10 days and more rain in the forecast. Until things dry up enough that landscapers can get loam delivered, we're just sitting here twiddling our thumbs. Grrrrrr

I'd take a few days of thumb twiddling. Barely have time to breathe here. Way behind on billing. No time to train part time office person.

jerryrwm
06-12-2008, 02:28 PM
We had 6" - 9" of rain in SE Wisconsin this past weekend. Rained enough that it washed a road way out which was basically the levee for Lake Delton. When the road went it opened up a 300' - 400' gap and the lake drained into the Wisconsin River. It also took three damn nice lake home with it. A 245 acre lake is gone-just a mud hole so now the "Ski-Sky-Stage" show is being revised because they havn't figured out how to ski in mud. So don't go to Wisconsin Dells area for the water ski show.

They are watching a couple more dams on the Fox River and several lakes around the Mukwonago area.

And more rain headed this way before the weekend.

k911lowe
06-12-2008, 02:29 PM
whats rain?

BrandonV
06-12-2008, 03:14 PM
yall need to start construction of a pipeline and get that's dampness down here

Waterit
06-12-2008, 05:42 PM
whats rain?

That's the way we're starting to feel, too:dizzy:

yall need to start construction of a pipeline and get that's dampness down here

I'll volunteer my trencher and an operator if it'll be any help breaking this drought we're in:weightlifter:

AI Inc
06-13-2008, 06:04 AM
We had 6" - 9" of rain in SE Wisconsin this past weekend. Rained enough that it washed a road way out which was basically the levee for Lake Delton. When the road went it opened up a 300' - 400' gap and the lake drained into the Wisconsin River. It also took three damn nice lake home with it. A 245 acre lake is gone-just a mud hole so now the "Ski-Sky-Stage" show is being revised because they havn't figured out how to ski in mud. So don't go to Wisconsin Dells area for the water ski show.

They are watching a couple more dams on the Fox River and several lakes around the Mukwonago area.

And more rain headed this way before the weekend.

wow, talk about the real estate value of ones lakefront home crashing!