PDA

View Full Version : Wireless electronic timers

instyle
06-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I have a large property with 5 seperate manual valves, the customer wants electronic. However, the valves are in 5 differant places. I am looking for a wirless controller. I can replace all the manual valves with electronic ones but still need to tell them to turn on.

Is there a product for me??

TPendagast
06-12-2008, 12:14 AM
There are wireless valves and controllers that will talk to eachother, however, for five valves this is pricey.

There is the rain bird TBOS, but this is a pricey option unless you do alot of this kind of work.

However, hunter makes a battery powered solenoid clock for single valves.
You need to by the hunter porduct and a dc latching solenoid (to replace the existing solenoid) then you jusy have to coordinate the valve openings so they go on in order. Keep track of this on paper, valve 1, 2 etc.

irritation
06-12-2008, 12:21 AM
It's usually more cost effective to just run wires.

WalkGood
06-12-2008, 12:46 AM
It's usually more cost effective to just run wires.

How so?

TPendagast
06-12-2008, 01:35 AM
including time/labor to install those wires AND a clock to control them? No way is it cheaper to install wires. Wires are only cheaper if the trenches are already open for a new install, not a retro fit after the fact.

Btw, those dc latching solenoid hunter battery powered colcsk need to have the 9v battery changed out of them every year.