PDA

View Full Version : lovely day at the office

Mark B
06-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Well for the past 2 days I have been reinstalling a submersible pump in a lake. The lake police told the home owner to remove the pump last fall. Well today I reinstalled the pump in deeper water and in a different place.

It was fun having to work on a 6ft ladder in the water. Or hold my breath to tighten the bottom clamp on the pump with a nutdriver. No place to set your tools. The dock had a skirt around the edges, so it was hard to get anything under the dock i.e cordless drill, sawzall. Had to mount the pipe up against the decking to hide the pipe. Also had to mount the pump up against a 4x4 post. The pump is sitting on a cinder block. I will take some 1x6s and mount them on the sides of the 4x4 to hide the pump so when the water level gets low. I used the stainless clamps around the post and pump. I will finish up tomorrow painting the the PVC pipe black. What a great day at the office.

WalkGood
06-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Well for the past 2 days I have been reinstalling a submersible pump in a lake. The lake police told the home owner to remove the pump last fall. Well today I reinstalled the pump in deeper water and in a different place.

It was fun having to work on a 6ft ladder in the water. Or hold my breath to tighten the bottom clamp on the pump with a nutdriver. No place to set your tools. The dock had a skirt around the edges, so it was hard to get anything under the dock i.e cordless drill, sawzall. Had to mount the pipe up against the decking to hide the pipe. Also had to mount the pump up against a 4x4 post. The pump is sitting on a cinder block. I will take some 1x6s and mount them on the sides of the 4x4 to hide the pump so when the water level gets low. I used the stainless clamps around the post and pump. I will finish up tomorrow painting the the PVC pipe black. What a great day at the office.

"The culprit in some subconscious "confession" attempt, posted his illegal activity on the internet. Homeland Security had been monitoring the activities of certain members of the website for an unspecified number of months. 'Sometimes surveillance of a different case brings to light the felonious acts of other individuals', said Chief Lake Inspector Dewy Haffta".
The suspect was picked up after a brief struggle and hiding under a dock breathing thru some 1" PVC pipe while submerged.

Waterit
06-13-2008, 01:37 AM
"The culprit in some subconscious "confession" attempt, posted his illegal activity on the internet. Homeland Security had been monitoring the activities of certain members of the website for an unspecified number of months. 'Sometimes surveillance of a different case brings to light the felonious acts of other individuals', said Chief Lake Inspector Dewy Haffta".
The suspect was picked up after a brief struggle and hiding under a dock breathing thru some 1" PVC pipe while submerged.

You missed your calling when you started doing irrigation:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dripit good
06-13-2008, 09:08 AM

:laugh::clapping::laugh::clapping::laugh::clapping::laugh::clapping::laugh::clapping:

DanaMac
06-13-2008, 09:22 AM

Way to keep the standards high!! But, I would probably do the same........ :)

Wet_Boots
06-13-2008, 09:25 AM
How many repetitions of the Badgerphone (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgerphone) song will it take to wring-wring-wring-wring-wring-wring-wring out a full confession?

Waterit
06-13-2008, 09:40 AM
How many repetitions of the Badgerphone (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgerphone) song will it take to wring-wring-wring-wring-wring-wring-wring out a full confession?

They may have to pull out the heavy artillery:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/banana

txgrassguy
06-13-2008, 09:11 PM
I like these kinds of office days - particularly when the temps in my area have averaged over 100*F for the past two weeks.
My favorite days at the office is when I get to scuba dive to recover a lost pump.