PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have MPG figures after trying any of these?

Ned5485
06-13-2008, 03:11 AM
Like everyone else on here, I am trying to find ways to save some fuel. I am wondering if anybody has some solid figures based on "before and after" situations? How much could I increase my MPG's by switching to a smaller trailer? I have a 16x6.5 open trailer now. Would it be a big difference if I was pulling a 5x8?

I have seen some posts with really cool flatbed conversions on here. Do any of you guys that drive those have figures on your current MPG vs when you pulled a trailer?

Some days I only need my 36" WB, but cant find a good way to get it into the bed of my truck. Most ramps I see do not seem long enough for a reasonable angle into the bed. The do not seem safe/practical either. Does anybody use ramps? How does the weight of your mower affect fuel efficiency?

Has anybody installed a lift-gate? How much should I expect to spend on one? How much do thy weigh? How does the weight affect MPG?

Has anyone used a flash tuner(or anything similar)? Some of them advertise that you can add HP or MPG by as much as 30%. I could easily make the $500-$600 back if it would really improve my mileage that much.

If anyone has opinions or comments about any of these ideas, please let me know. Also, if anyone has any other suggestions, other than changing my driving habits ( I am already doing that), please let me know.

Ned5485
06-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Nobody has any feed back? I am especially interested in a "chip". Or whatever the things are called that will reprogram my trucks computer. Anybody use 1?