PDA

View Full Version : New Mower Purchase

devnuts
06-13-2008, 10:31 AM
I am looking at getting a used ZTR. I found an add for a 2001 scag turf tiger. There is no price listed. I know there is a lot to look at (hours, oils, belts, fitttings, etc) but what would these machines go for......ballpark figure? I just have no idea what to offer the guy if it really is on "excellent Cond."..

Mike Blevins
06-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Alot of things to look at not just mechanical. Is it right for the accounts you do? What size deck is it? How many hours? What engine does it have? has it been used "commercially"? How many owners has it had? How does it run,cut,and look? Has it had any major issues? Waht is the owner asking for it? It is an older model. There has been alot of upgrades on the tiger in the last few years. I would be pretty hesitate to buy a mower this old. You can usually find a great deal on a newer used Scag. I don't know what you willing to spend but there are good deals out there. Do a search on the classifieds there was a nice 07 52 Tiger on there a few weeks back around $3000 dollars off retail price. Buying an older machine even if its in good shape will need some work from time to time. Taking a mower to a dealer for service or "repairs" these days is more than taking your vehicle in for repairs. Bottom line price would be on overall shape and history on the mower. See if the owner would let you take it to your dealer and get it completely gone over if everything checks:usflag: out then you can make an offer.

freshprince94
06-13-2008, 04:08 PM
You have to see the mower first. That's a given.