PDA

View Full Version : Think Christmas trees are overpriced?

genesgreen
06-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Man I swear trees have gotten so darn pricey. What gets me about it is Christmas is a family time and I like people having access to trees if they want. Nowadays a lot of folks I know don't buy trees anymore because they've gotten too pricey. Am I just behind on the times or have trees really gotten more expensive the last couple decades?

k911lowe
06-13-2008, 01:37 PM
we always buy a live tree and plant it afterwards.cant see paying money to buy a dead tree anyway.

zemzabob
06-13-2008, 01:42 PM
We use a fake tree but It looks real pre lit

MarcSmith
06-13-2008, 02:12 PM
thi8nk about all the labor that doe into planting a tree, maintaining it, then going out in the field to cu it, wrap, and then all the money spend to ship the darn things...and every person who touched the tree has to mark up their little bit so they make money...

Personally I don't like cutting a live tree either, I have a fakey....But christmas trees are just like other "crops"

1MajorTom
06-14-2008, 01:38 AM
The last couple of decades? Well I don't know about that far back, but I know the last couple of years they sure have increased in price that's for sure.
A douglas fir is right around $85 for a nice one. We like to go to a tree farm to cut one down, and that is a little cheaper, but still getting up in their price too.

genesgreen
06-14-2008, 08:38 PM
we always buy a live tree and plant it afterwards.cant see paying money to buy a dead tree anyway.

I hate the idea too but some folks live places where they can't plant any more trees like the city. If you're in the country no problem and then after 20 years you'll have a whole pine forest cooking in the backyard ha-ha.