PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer Z w/ upgraded Dampeners (steering)?

HenryB
06-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Compared to my Hustler Super Z my exmark Lazer Z has really weak cheap dampeners. They both measure the same. Could I swap them? Or any suggestions for better dampeners on my Lazer? I realize they have a different hydro system pumps etc but the Hustler's controls are so much smoother.

cybervision
06-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Compared to my Hustler Super Z my exmark Lazer Z has really weak cheap dampeners. They both measure the same. Could I swap them? Or any suggestions for better dampeners on my Lazer? I realize they have a different hydro system pumps etc but the Hustler's controls are so much smoother.

I am pretty sure you can't put Hustler dampers on the Exmark. The Exmark extends the dampers on the longer forward stroke and the Hustler compresses the dampers on the forward stroke. I have given this some thought because the Hustler has the best damper out there and I wanted to utilize them on my Exmark. I think they would have to added in a similar manor as Hustlers setup.

chesterlawn
06-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Couldn't you turn them around so it would be the same?

tacoma200
06-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Couldn't you turn them around so it would be the same?

no! you can't

HenryB
06-13-2008, 08:52 PM
no! you can't

Why not?:confused:

tacoma200
06-13-2008, 10:15 PM
If you turned the damper around it would still compress on the forward stroke. If what cybervision says is true turning it around would make no difference. If you turn a damper back wards it still works the same.

carlsmower
06-14-2008, 12:01 AM
You can put gravely dampners on an exmark. It makes it extremly smooth. The only problem is you loose some of your reverse speed. Otherwise its awsome.

HenryB
06-14-2008, 10:22 AM
You can put gravely dampners on an exmark. It makes it extremly smooth. The only problem is you loose some of your reverse speed. Otherwise its awsome.

Thanks for the tip.:waving:

cybervision
06-14-2008, 03:30 PM

What holes are you running your dampers in?
I have mine in the middle holes and they are not that bad there. The pumps are a little jerky when it it cold but after it warms up it does smooth out.

The following is the stroke length on the Hustler Super Mini Z dampers:

Reverse = Extends 1/2"
Forward = Compresses 1-1/2"

I have not check the stroke on the Exmark yet.