awagner9
06-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Is sny oil better for kolhers?

lawns Etc
06-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Look at the KOhler post that is on here now its has what you need

tacoma200
06-13-2008, 06:05 PM
The oil it's self is better, I think Kohler puts some engine specific additives in their oil though. I run synthetic with no problems in all my air cooled equipment. The synthetic won't break down as fast and will hold up better under the heat. Not sure how much difference it will make in the long run if you change your oil regularly. ProStreetCamaro is getting a lot of hours out of his Kohlers with synthetic.

ProStreetCamaro
06-13-2008, 08:56 PM
ProStreetCamaro is getting a lot of hours out of his Kohlers with synthetic.

Yeah thats true except for the kohler we are having issues with right now. 110 hours on the clock and she is burning oil off quickly. I know I praise kohler up and down but right this second it looks like we got a lemon. The dealer we purchased it from has seemed rather shady to us ever since we bought the mower so we are leary to take it to them. I may go ahead and pull the head on the side thats burning the oil and see if the head gasket is blown.

Both cylinders register 170psi on a compression test. I need to do a leak down test next and see if that shows anything. If its a head gasket i will probably fix it myself because I dont trust dealers to much. I looked it up and the complete head gasket kit is $18 and it comes with new head bolts and everything.

Video

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm269/belllawns/th_smoker1.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm269/belllawns/?action=view&current=smoker1.flv)

tacoma200
06-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah thats true except for the kohler we are having issues with right now. 110 hours on the clock and she is burning oil off quickly. I know I praise kohler up and down but right this second it looks like we got a lemon. The dealer we purchased it from has seemed rather shady to us ever since we bought the mower so we are leary to take it to them. I may go ahead and pull the head on the side thats burning the oil and see if the head gasket is blown.

Both cylinders register 170psi on a compression test. I need to do a leak down test next and see if that shows anything. If its a head gasket i will probably fix it myself because I dont trust dealers to much. I looked it up and the complete head gasket kit is $18 and it comes with new head bolts and everything.

Let us know how it turns out and about your trouble shooting procedures to isolate the problem. I might learn something. I just checked the Briggs compression and it only reads 150 psi (cold).

ProStreetCamaro
06-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Let us know how it turns out and about your trouble shooting procedures to isolate the problem. I might learn something. I just checked the Briggs compression and it only reads 150 psi (cold).

I'll make sure to keep posted as to what I find. 150 psi is still very good. An engine will run on only 60 psi. Each engine is designed differently and im willing to bet 150 is right on the money for that briggs.

AmsoilPower
06-13-2008, 11:19 PM
I know of no reason why you can't run synthetic oil in Kohler engines. Here is a link to Amsoil ASE Small Engine Oil. Selling a ton of it w/ no complaints. Keeping these engines cool is the key to long lasting engines. Synthetics help achieve this easier. Amsoil commercial accounts are free to you business owners and you save 20-30% off retail prices.

www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=151372&page=storefront/ase

N.TX
06-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Im not too sure of this but my dealer said not to run synthetic and that guys have been burning up valves because of it. I started running synthetic in my old z and it is now burning oil like crazy with only 800hrs on the engine. Im going to just run kohler oil .... its cheap and made for it. I change it once every 40-55hrs

slapshotat90
06-16-2008, 11:46 AM
If its an air cooled engine, it can get too hot for normal oil. Make sure to run an oil thats rated to be run in an air cooled engine. Otherwise it will get too thin and parts can wear.

mnglocker
06-16-2008, 01:06 PM
As long as the Synthetic you run is rated for use in a DIESEL engine it will handle the heat of an air cooled engine no-problem. And I know for a fact that AmsOil, Mobil, and if IRCC castrol syntec is all rated for use in compression ignition engines (diesel).

I've been running Mobil1 10w30 in my B&S Vangaurd 23 twin with no complaints since 10hours.

If you don't want to run sythetics, I would REALLY recomend using a heavy duty diesel oil such as Shell Rotella-T or Mobil Delvac oil.

lawnjocky
06-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Personally I change my oils at 1/2 the recommended time intervals using dino oil. I started doing it because we would run over on the hours, this way there is some grace period. I have done this on air cooled gas and diesel liquid cooled motors for years racking up hundred's/thousand's of hours with very few problem's. Usually when the oil is low it's from a leak.

MyKisa
06-21-2008, 02:24 PM
for what it is worth, I use castrol syntec blend 20/50, change every 50/55 hrs...so far so good..1,500 hrs

Exact Rototilling
06-21-2008, 02:56 PM
As long as the Synthetic you run is rated for use in a DIESEL engine it will handle the heat of an air cooled engine no-problem. And I know for a fact that AmsOil, Mobil, and if IRCC castrol syntec is all rated for use in compression ignition engines (diesel).

I've been running Mobil1 10w30 in my B&S Vangaurd 23 twin with no complaints since 10hours.

If you don't want to run sythetics, I would REALLY recomend using a heavy duty diesel oil such as Shell Rotella-T or Mobil Delvac oil.

Great answer!

Precisely why I run Shell Rottela 5w-40 diesel rated synthetic in all my power equipment. Thin enough to flow on cold startup - yes flows faster than a 15w-40 diesel oil - less wear etc. Probably one of the best all around oils on the planet - gas, diesel, air cooled water cooled, marine engines . . . you name it . . . just doesn't get all the flashy advertising of other brands.

Icepuck72
06-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Why can't you run what the manufacturer recommends? When something does go wrong, they can't say you didn't follow the instructions.

Happy Frog
06-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Why can't you run what the manufacturer recommends? When something does go wrong, they can't say you didn't follow the instructions.

The only recommendation you have to follow is for the oil specs. The oil of your choosing has to meet or exceed the recommended specifications.
The manufacturer cannot blame you if you do so.
Amsoil (and others) oils exceed all manufacturers specifications (check their web site)
Or you can be a sheep and buy the (likely crappy) oil the manufacturer tells you to buy...

dfischer
06-22-2008, 03:47 AM
I use less synthetic oil now then ever. For anything that is seasonal of use I'd be somewhat carefull. syn oils have a rep for sheering off of metal and allowing rust to start on things that sit all winter.

Mind you I think blends are a great compromise. I use castrol's blends or make one using mobile 1 as a base...

Icepuck72
06-22-2008, 04:53 AM
The only recommendation you have to follow is for the oil specs. The oil of your choosing has to meet or exceed the recommended specifications.
The manufacturer cannot blame you if you do so.
Amsoil (and others) oils exceed all manufacturers specifications (check their web site)
Or you can be a sheep and buy the (likely crappy) oil the manufacturer tells you to buy...

or you can be a sheep and by the snake oil and spend way more than you have to.

Happy Frog
06-22-2008, 02:33 PM
or you can be a sheep and by the snake oil and spend way more than you have to.
You may need a new calculator...
It seems that yours gives wrong results. :laugh:

By the way, here is a great example to illustrate what I said earlier:
When the Stihl blower BR-600 was put on the market, Stihl recommended to use their brand of oil (not full synthetic at that time).
After many (many) dramatic engine failures on these units (mostly due to carbon build up on valves), Stihl changed its recommendation to their new full synthetic oil, hence, reducing the amount of engine failures (there is still plenty of them).
Meanwhile, BR-600 owners using Amsoil in their units are not having these engine failures... :drinkup:
And there have been quite a few stories like this one over the past years as well... :hammerhead:

nosparkplugs
06-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Is sny oil better for kolhers?

20hp Kohler V-twin's
I have switched to Amsoil 15w-40 heavy duty 12TBN marine diesel & gasoline engine oil, wow what a difference in engine performance & cooling.

Happy Frog
06-22-2008, 02:49 PM
20hp Kohler V-twin's
I have switched to Amsoil 15w-40 heavy duty 12TBN marine diesel & gasoline engine oil, wow what a difference in engine performance & cooling.

You should not use a marine engine oil in an air cooled engine. Marine engines oils are designed for liquid cooled engines running at low temperature. They will degrade quickly when used in air cooled engines.
Amsoil has oils designed for air cooled engines which will offer better protection and last much longer in your engine. :drinkup:

BryceBentleyLCS
06-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Um not to start an Amsoil fight but Amsoil oil isnt even made but Amsoil, just re bottled and sold at a higher price. So if you but Amsoil you are a sheep because it is made by those crappy manufacturers?:hammerhead:I am not knocking amsoil I like it and I have used it just sorting out the BS

nosparkplugs
06-22-2008, 03:33 PM
All engine lubricants are produced from a base oil stock that is purchased buy the oil company. Amsoil uses only Group IV (PAO's); which is the most expensive, purest quality base stock of any synthetic oil. Then on top of that each railroad car of oil coming into the Amsoil factory is sampled for quality if it fails the whole batch is sent back. The process is started over with another supplier until it meets Amsoil ISO 9000 standards.

Engine manufactures only test their proprietary oil, and therfore will not recommend a syntehtic oil; furthermore the SAE viscosity range for this Kohler engine is 300 max, and if a engine oil regardless of weight & viscosity falls within that range then it's acceptable for use in that engine, but you guys already knew that right. Do some oil research deeper than posting off the hip BS on this site, and come back to me with a better debate. Try Bob is the oil guy, and they will crush your BS

BryceBentleyLCS
06-22-2008, 03:39 PM
All engine lubricants are produced from a base oil stock that is purchased buy the oil company. Amsoil uses only Group IV (PAO's); which is the most expensive, purest quality base stock of any synthetic oil. Then on top of that each railroad car of oil coming into the Amsoil factory is sampled for quality if it fails the whole batch is sent back. The process is started over with another supplier until it meets Amsoil ISO 9000 standards.

Engine manufactures only test their proprietary oil, and therfore will not recommend a syntehtic oil; furthermore the SAE viscosity range for this Kohler engine is 300 max, and if a engine oil regardless of weight & viscosity falls within that range then it's acceptable for use in that engine, but you guys already knew that right. Do some oil research deeper than posting off the hip BS on this site, and come back to me with a better debate. Try Bob is the oil guy, and they will crush your BS

My info came from my Amsoil dealer. It is also posted on the internet, also I posted not to start a debate, or did you not read that? Dont drink to much Amsoil Koolaid ok
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w105/longhornsteven/koolaid.gif

MJB
06-22-2008, 03:39 PM

I'm no oil expert and don't have time to look into it. So what do you know about Royal Purple and Kohler engines? I just switched to it but that Rotella sounds better. I've always used Schaffer oil a moly blend and got good results but ran out an need something as good or better for my 30 kohler.
Thanks

Icepuck72
06-22-2008, 03:46 PM
I was under the impression that not all of AMSOIL's oil was API certified. Now I use it in my Toyota Tacoma (0W30) which has 187k miles on it, but to use it in my brand new Kaw, I'm leary of.

Happy Frog
06-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I was under the impression that not all of AMSOIL's oil was API certified. Now I use it in my Toyota Tacoma (0W30) which has 187k miles on it, but to use it in my brand new Kaw, I'm leary of.

All the ones I use exceed the latest API and JASO certifications. I am not sure about the others.

nosparkplugs
06-22-2008, 03:57 PM
My info came from my Amsoil dealer. It is also posted on the internet, also I posted not to start a debate, or did you not read that? Dont drink to much Amsoil Koolaid ok
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w105/longhornsteven/koolaid.gif

Funny Amsoil has their own oil producing factory in Superior, Wi with a railroad access to bring in their Group IV base stock to make Amsoil. It's a mirage, those massive base oil stock oil storage silo's are fake too?

Oh, I don't want to start a debate, but here's some BS, but don't respond to it.

Your Amsoil source must be disgruntled, not selling any oil. Please post the Link were you got this info? so I can forward it to Amsoils legal department.

nosparkplugs
06-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Ching,

Here's some 110 proof Amsoil Kool-Aid Juice.

I back my posts with the real thing, going one 1 year with no oil change, at one year AMSOIL 15w-40 12TBN is still at 9TBN will change oil at 3TBN next year maybe! most of your cheap oils start out at 3TBN gotta be some cheap oil that "AMSOIL"

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/nosparkplugs71/PML7QUART.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/nosparkplugs71/AMSOILDUALBYPASS.jpg

BryceBentleyLCS
06-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Ching,

Here's some 110 proof Amsoil Kool-Aid Juice.

I back my posts with the real thing

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/nosparkplugs71/PML7QUART.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/nosparkplugs71/AMSOILDUALBYPASS.jpg

Wow tuff guy I knew you drove a dodge cummins because of your TINY self esteem. Anyways here is the info
Amsoil was 5th, and even then all amsoil did was RESELL Hatco's product. Amsoil never even made their own oil.

Synthetic engine oil

In the mid 1960s Chevron U.S.A was the first to market and produce a complete range of 100% synthetic Polyalphaolefins based lubricants, which began to be marketed as a substitute for mineral oils for engine lubrication. Although in use in the aerospace industry for some years prior, synthetic oil first became commercially available in an API-approved formula for automobile engines when standards were formalized for synthetic based lubricants.

Other early synthetic motor oils marketed included NEO Oil Company (formally EON) in 1970, which were dibasic acide esters, or diesters, and polyol esters based synthetic lubricants, and still today use these high end foundation for lubricants. French Oil company MOTUL introduced commercial ester-based synthetic-oil in 1971. Then came All-Proof now called Redline; followed by Amsoil who packaged and resold a diester-based 10W40 grade from Hatco in 1972, and then Mobil 1, introduced in North America in 1974 (with a PAO-based 5W20 grade).

* Amsoil does not submit any of its products for ACEA certification.
* It offers one product line (XL) as tested and certified by API, these are designed for the quick change oil industry.
* Amsoil does not submit any of its products for testing and approval by any of the major automobile manufacturers.
* Amsoil is exceptionally polarizing with the company being widely criticized for its astroturfing and peer-based marketing in which customers are induced to become dealers. This leads to accusations of shilling in which Amsoil testimonials at various internet forums are given by dealers with a financial stake in the product.

Ok can you send my some 110 proof Koolaid because I need some after this post.

BryceBentleyLCS
06-22-2008, 04:16 PM
BTw I do like your pee gravel drive way. I have the same. Hard to take care of with sealing it ever other year.

nosparkplugs
06-22-2008, 04:36 PM
cannot get the links to post

nosparkplugs
06-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I hate the pee-gravel aggregate now, I'm from the north, and these drive suck

nosparkplugs
06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Wow tuff guy I knew you drove a dodge cummins because of your TINY self esteem. Anyways here is the info
Amsoil was 5th, and even then all amsoil did was RESELL Hatco's product. Amsoil never even made their own oil.

Synthetic engine oil

In the mid 1960s Chevron U.S.A was the first to market and produce a complete range of 100% synthetic Polyalphaolefins based lubricants, which began to be marketed as a substitute for mineral oils for engine lubrication. Although in use in the aerospace industry for some years prior, synthetic oil first became commercially available in an API-approved formula for automobile engines when standards were formalized for synthetic based lubricants.

Other early synthetic motor oils marketed included NEO Oil Company (formally EON) in 1970, which were dibasic acide esters, or diesters, and polyol esters based synthetic lubricants, and still today use these high end foundation for lubricants. French Oil company MOTUL introduced commercial ester-based synthetic-oil in 1971. Then came All-Proof now called Redline; followed by Amsoil who packaged and resold a diester-based 10W40 grade from Hatco in 1972, and then Mobil 1, introduced in North America in 1974 (with a PAO-based 5W20 grade).

* Amsoil does not submit any of its products for ACEA certification.
* It offers one product line (XL) as tested and certified by API, these are designed for the quick change oil industry.
* Amsoil does not submit any of its products for testing and approval by any of the major automobile manufacturers.
* Amsoil is exceptionally polarizing with the company being widely criticized for its astroturfing and peer-based marketing in which customers are induced to become dealers. This leads to accusations of shilling in which Amsoil testimonials at various internet forums are given by dealers with a financial stake in the product.

Ok can you send my some 110 proof Koolaid because I need some after this post.

Thats word for word off wikepdia my friend nice try or should I say? copy paste.
no need to ACEA is the European version of API, and it's "self testing" Also
XL is not the only line of oil that Amsoil sells, and does meet API standards
API licensing of lubricants is a voluntary process. In a perfect world it should ensure that automobile
manufacturers and consumers meet a set of “minimum standards.” What this means is that if a consumer
wants a product that just meets minimum specifications, then they should purchase API Licensed products
and get exactly what they paid for...minimum performance! In the future, should these standards be raised
to a level consistent with AMSOIL's standards for motor oil performance, AMSOIL will consider licensing
all oils. For those that feel pressured to use an API licensed product, AMSOIL offers them. It should be
noted that AMSOIL API Licensed motor oils are chemically engineered to outperform all other petroleum,
semi-synthetic, and synthetic licensed API motor oils. As such, if it is peace of mind you seek, we
encourage you to use them:

XL 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil
XL5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
XL10W-300 Synthetic Motor Oil
Dual-Base 15W-40 Heavy-Duty Diesel/Gasoline Oil

AMSOIL does offer superior performing motor oils that are not API licensed for all of the reasons
explained in this document. They provide our customers with alternatives to the commodity products
typically available in the market today. If you want the convenience of extended drain intervals and top
performance from your vehicle, AMSOIL has engineered the very best motor oils that money can buy.

If I don’t use an API Licensed Motor Oil, doesn’t that void my manufacturer’s warranty?
Fortunately, the law does not allow manufacturers to "void your warranty" simply because of the brand of
oil you use, the specifications it meets or the miles you drive between oil changes. To be specific, they
cannot deny fixing your broken radio, faulty valve or cracked piston because you used an AMSOIL non-
API licensed motor oil, or because you've gone more than 3000 miles since your last oil change. Denial of
warranty coverage must be specifically due to an oil related failure. All courts of law will rule against any
manufacturer or dealership that tries these warranty shenanigans.
If any automobile dealership insinuates that your warranty will be void if you use AMSOIL products or
utilize extended drain intervals, let AMSOIL INC. know the name of the Dealership, the address, the
owner's name and the name of the employee that made this statement. Mail to:
AMSOIL INC.
Attention: Technical Services Department
AMSOIL Building
Superior, WI 54880
or e-mail to tech@amsoil.com.
They will almost never put it in writing, but if they do, please send us a copy of that, too. Either way, we
will send them a letter informing them they must cease the intimidation of our customers.
Only if the oil is determined to be the direct cause of the engine problem can a manufacturer or dealership
deny warranty coverage for that specific problem. In this situation the AMSOIL warranty would apply, and
the AMSOIL Technical Services Department would assist you in processing your claim and in getting the
vehicle repaired. That's our pledge to you!

AMSOIL INC. sells millions of gallons of oil per year and warranty claims are a rare occurrence. If you
ever have a warranty problem with an automobile manufacturer or dealership, AMSOIL will assist you by
analyzing the problem and providing data supporting the fact that repairs should be made under the vehicle
manufacturer's warranty. If this does not resolve the problem, AMSOIL will submit a claim with our
insurance company and request that an adjuster have the vehicle repaired and pursue legal settlement later
if necessary. The fact is there has never been an engine failure attributed to the non-performance of
AMSOIL products, and we do not expect there ever will be. If there ever was, both AMSOIL and our
insurance company would make certain your problem was resolved.

How do I know that AMSOIL products meet or exceed the minimum specifications of the tests
required for API Licensing?

First, AMSOIL INC. works closely with major additive companies to design the top performing passenger
car and heavy-duty diesel motor oil additives. These additives have already passed all of the API licensing
requirements in a petroleum or synthetic based formulation. AMSOIL’s experienced R&D Chemists work
with the additive company to maximize the amount of additive used and to boost the additive package in
selected performance areas to achieve an optimum performing additive package for reduced wear and
extended drain intervals. This is unlike the vast majority of companies who, because additives are
expensive, use the minimum amount of the least expensive additives required to meet the minimum API
requirements.

AMSOIL utilizes a blend of carefully selected synthetic basestocks with known performance characteristics
as a replacement for the petroleum basestocks to optimize performance in areas of lubricity, volatility,
viscosity index, oxidation and nitration resistance, pour points, flash points, deposit control, soot handling,
emissions, etc. We also utilize a highly shear stable VI improver to ensure viscosity retention throughout
extended drain intervals. This replaces the inexpensive and less shear stable VI improver used in the API
licensed petroleum formulas. AMSOIL does laboratory bench tests before running field tests to verify the
superiority of the synthetic formula in actual use. We also continue to monitor the performance of the oil
through close scrutiny of tens of thousands of oil analysis tests per year across a wide variety of vehicles,
all around North America and the World. AMSOIL INC. has been collecting used synthetic oil samples
from passenger cars since 1982. No other oil company has such a vast database documenting the
performance of synthetic lubricants over extended drain intervals.

AMSOIL products and formulations outperform API licensed oils. They're engineered that way! Period.

Fear Factor

Do I have to sell anything?

This is a very common fear for many people as they decide as to whether or not they want to start an
AMSOIL business, so know that you are not alone. AMSOIL is a direct sales business, meaning that you
sell directly to the consumer. But, lets discuss this very common fear and again, don’t feel like you are
alone as to the fear of having to “sell something.”

With the AMSOIL business, you only have to sell product if you would like to earn a commission. There
are many people who register as AMSOIL Dealers so they can purchase product at wholesale price for
personal use. That’s their choice and that’s okay. Others elect to become a PC (Preferred Customer)
because they expect to need $100.00 dollars or more per year of product so the registration cost is justified,
and that is okay as well. Some also like the flexibility to sell product only to family and friends. There are
no monthly or yearly sales quotas so; the short answer to this question is “no” you don’t have to sell
anything. But let us ask this question when it comes to this common fear of having to “sell something.”
Why wouldn’t you want to sell the best lubricant product on the market?

AMSOIL is the company that pioneered extended oil drain intervals and as a matter of fact, A.J. Amatuzio,
AMSOIL President and CEO, coined the phrase “extended drain intervals’ when he founded the company
in 1972. And, ever since that time, AMSOIL has been the “First in Synthetics.” If you are looking to
supplement your income, or want a business in which you can be your own boss, you have found it with the
AMSOIL business opportunity.

The most common mindset that most people have as they are contemplating the AMSOIL business
opportunity, this common fear of having to sell something, is that they simply don’t feel that they are
salespeople. They may not have had any type of direct sales experience and feel that this will be a
hindrance or obstacle to their success. Don’t let the fear of having to “sell something” control your decision
making process. Everyone is in sales, whether you are trying to sell your spouse on the fact that you need a
new car, your child on cleaning their room or telling a friend how great the new restaurant you ate at last
night is, we are all in sales.

So, if you are interested in earning commissions by selling AMSOIL products, then one of the most
important steps you can take is to study the basics of selling. Just a little study of the sales profession is
sure to ease some of your fears as to selling. Go to your local bookstore and buy a book on how to be
successful in the sales profession. Listen to tapes and CD’s on improving your sales skills, as you can learn
how to be a very successful salesperson. (Hint: I have a friend who is a CPA that tells me that of all the tax
returns that he does, the highest incomes are those of salespeople)

Sometimes salespeople don’t take time to learn the basic sales skills that will make them successful so,
through negligence, never address sales success. Some of those basic sales steps are to:

Create an interest
o “Are you interested in using a product that protects your engine better than any
petroleum product can, all while increasing your gas mileage and using one that is
better for the environment?”
Expand the interest into a need
o “If these goals meet your needs, then AMSOIL is the proven product for you.”
Differentiate your product or service
o “And, AMSOIL is not only the leader in synthetic lubrication, but they are the
company that pioneered synthetic lubrication. In fact, AMSOIL is the “First in
Synthetics.”
Encourage a sense of urgency
o “If you want to start realizing the benefits of using AMSOIL, now is the time to
change your oil, especially before you make your trip south for the winter.”
Close effectively with value
o “Would you like me to deliver your AMSOIL products to you or have them shipped
directly to your home?”
Once you have had the opportunity to study some sales basics, you will probably find that you naturally
participate in many of these steps on a daily basis, but you haven’t been cognizant of them. This alone
should help put some of your initial fears of selling to rest. For example, earlier we spoke about the
possibility that in the past, you may have recommended a new restaurant to a friend. You told a friend
about your dining experience and as a result of this conversation, they also decided to eat at that particular
restaurant. What do you think you just did? You made a sale for that restaurant! Take a look at the steps
above. In this example, didn’t you create an interest in the restaurant, expand that interest to your friend,
differentiate that restaurant from others and then encourage your friend to eat there as soon as he or she
could? You did, and that friend then was effectively closed with value as they decided to dine at that
restaurant. You followed basic sales steps and did not even know it! And, you can follow the same steps as
you grow your AMSOIL business!
As illustrated above, you don’t have to sell a thing if you don’t want to. You only have to sell if you want
to earn commissions. And even then...you’re the boss! You’ll get no pressure and no threats from
AMSOIL. You should also know that many, if not most, of AMSOIL’s top performers started off their
AMSOIL business with zero, that’s right, “0” sales experience! They faced, and overcame, the fear of
“selling something” and you can too!

nosparkplugs
06-22-2008, 05:17 PM
You left out the most important piece when you copied it, Since your source comes from where others are paid to write on wikepidia? be fair to both sides. Synthetics were "top secret" back then government use only

you left this out of your paste? I checked your source.
In 1972 Amsoil (AMSOIL) introduced the first synthetic oil to become commercially available in an API-approved formula for automobile engines when standards were formalized for synthetic based lubricants.

AmsoilPower
06-22-2008, 05:52 PM
For example, earlier we spoke about the
possibility that in the past, you may have recommended a new restaurant to a friend. You told a friend
about your dining experience and as a result of this conversation, they also decided to eat at that particular
restaurant. What do you think you just did? You made a sale for that restaurant! Take a look at the steps
above. In this example, didn’t you create an interest in the restaurant, expand that interest to your friend,
differentiate that restaurant from others and then encourage your friend to eat there as soon as he or she
could? You did, and that friend then was effectively closed with value as they decided to dine at that
restaurant.

Very well put my friend. I usually use the movie thing. You know, you go see a flick and love it and tell all your buddies how good it was and they should go see it. They take your advice and go, they love it, and then tell their family and so on. That is MLM at its best whether you all want to admit it or not. You just are not being compensated for it. Imagine just how many more strangers you would tell on the street if there was a nickel in it for you for each one that saw that movie.

Everyone needs to look ahead into the future. What happens when you keep looking in the rearview mirror constantly? You eventually rearend someone and smack your head on the steering wheel. After the blood has dried up and your teeth surgically repaired, what do you ask yourself? Maybe I should have been looking ahead, not behind me.:hammerhead:

Point is, the past is the past. There are no "snake oils" anymore gentleman. Do you really thing a "snake oil" company could survive these days with all the complaining sue happy people? Nonetheless, be in business 35 years?

greenred
06-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah but what if your friends, family, or yourself have bad taste in movies?

:p

Ridin' Around
06-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Um not to start an Amsoil fight but Amsoil oil isnt even made but Amsoil, just re bottled and sold at a higher price. So if you but Amsoil you are a sheep because it is made by those crappy manufacturers?:hammerhead:I am not knocking amsoil I like it and I have used it just sorting out the BS

I guess you could start something if you found a bunch of guys using Amsoil and having failures. But since we are all using it and lovin' it, let it go. We have some good dealers on here. Amsoil Power is puttin up his money to sponsor the site, so we can all argue about this. I think we have discussed these claims till they're dead. Amsoil is a legit company. Go do some research of your own away from Wiki - opinion. Take a look at a publication called "Lubes-n-Greases". It is an industry publication, that you can subscribe to and get in print or an email version. It is a very informative publication that has no ties to any brands, just facts, and then you can discuss facts on here.

Happy Frog
06-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah but what if your friends, family, or yourself have bad taste in movies?

:p

Then, you are out of luck and will see a lot of crappy movies... :laugh:

I don't even ask for the good restaurants anymore... too many were bad...

VBsnow
06-24-2008, 09:55 AM
One way to look at synthetic oil is this:

Do you want to lubricate your motor with a product that is pulled out of the ground and is refined to do the job, or a product that was designed and tested for your engines?