PDA

View Full Version : listen to this

ajeaajea
06-13-2008, 10:45 PM
So yesterday some lady calls and wants her grass cut because she is going on vacation. Nobody is going to be home she says. So i leave my trailer gate open. Its a brand new trailer. So anyways her son was still home and while i'm cutting the person up the street from her house he must have pulled out of the driveway over my trailer gate and bent it. I was so mad. I not sure what i should do. I thinking more on the lines of keying his car.

1MajorTom
06-13-2008, 10:55 PM
You're going to intentionally destroy his property? Did you try talking to him first to try and resolve this issue???

LawnTamer
06-13-2008, 11:00 PM
It's simple, treat it like you would if he backed into your truck. Ask him for his insurance info, and file a claim. If he won't give you the info, file a police report, he will end up paying for your repair and get a citation for improper lookout.

ajeaajea
06-13-2008, 11:12 PM
i know what you mean but it a trailer not a car

LawnTamer
06-13-2008, 11:15 PM

It doesn't matter a bit. If he ran over your hedge, he is liable. Liability insurance is there to cover damage to others property. Legally there is no difference. For real:rolleyes:

topsites
06-13-2008, 11:21 PM

It's all right, don't worry about it...

If it's still useful I would just keep on, you now have a scar of war.
This stuff is good for you, makes you look experienced :p
More may be better but only the unintentional ones really count, and too many is not good.

daysel
06-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Key his car.:rolleyes:...that's the best thing you've come up with?

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-13-2008, 11:41 PM
That sucks. You insured? Are THEY insured?

Military Lawns
06-14-2008, 12:11 AM
So yesterday some lady calls and wants her grass cut because she is going on vacation. Nobody is going to be home she says. So i leave my trailer gate open. Its a brand new trailer. So anyways her son was still home and while i'm cutting the person up the street from her house he must have pulled out of the driveway over my trailer gate and bent it. I was so mad. I not sure what i should do. I thinking more on the lines of keying his car.

I use safety cones, two in the front of my truck and two at the rear. Not sure how effective they are but get some and see. They are very bright and extremely hard to miss.

DJ

ALC-GregH
06-14-2008, 12:32 AM
I only have 2 customers, 2 houses away on the same side that I have to park my equipment on the street when I cut their lawns. It's a dead end street though so no real traffic at all. The rest of my customers have room enough for me to pull in the driveway. Most are not home when I mow so it's not a big deal to them and helps prevent theft as the thief would have to come on someones property to get near anything.

the angler
06-14-2008, 07:41 AM
last year i had a 90 year old lady side swipe my trailer the only thing that broke was my tail light her car on the other hand was mangled ......she didnt even stop i called the police and they found her on the other side of town she didnt even know she hit anything ...i hope shes not still on the road ....

just try to bend it back put your gate up and use some tow straps and a tree pull it back

Charles
06-14-2008, 07:58 AM
He could be charged with leaving the scene of a accident(If you were in the road)? You said he "must" have hit it. So you have no witnesses to what happened? You didn't see it? I would have called the police when I found out about it so as to not disturb the scene of the crime. Before they came, you could have talked to the neighbors to see if there were any witnesses. Maybe he will admit to it. I would agree with everybody else--don't compound this by doing something rash like keying his car

CT18fireman
06-14-2008, 08:13 AM
I agree with Charles. Even if it was on private property around here the police will do an accident report for insurance but not issue citations.

The problem now is proving he did it. If he denies it and you have no witnesses then you are out of luck. If you key his car then you will be paying for it, maybe be arrested for vandalism etc. Always address things as soon as you see them. You should have called the police and had them document it. Now I would talk to him see if he will admit to it in some way, maybe you can get some payment out of him.

As a side note, what kind of trailer is this? What is it rated for? The ramp should be able to handle the weight of most cars? I drove a 6000lbs skid onto my landscape trailer ramp the other day to get pallets off and it took the weight fine.

zemzabob
06-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Sorry about your trailer man I would just ask the guy about it and ask him to pay for damages it was his fault after all but do not key his car.

LawnBrother
06-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Key his car?? That's just stupid. Almost as stupid as not bothering to put up your trailer gate. Look in the mirror if you want to get mad at someone.:laugh: :hammerhead:

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-14-2008, 09:02 AM
...Almost as stupid as not bothering to put up your trailer gate...

I NEVER put up my tailgate while working. THAT's stupid. What a waste of time.

LawnBrother
06-14-2008, 09:12 AM
It is a waste of time, usually. But it's common sense to put it up if you are so close to the drive it is in danger of being run over, which, OBVIOUSLY he was.:rolleyes: