PDA

View Full Version : Exmark skip problem / blade measurement

poneal_SWMO
06-13-2008, 11:33 PM
I have a four year old lazer z hp with 48 inch deck. Awesome machine until the end of last season when I started noticing a skip or strip of uncut grass between where the blades overlap. I took it to the local dealer and they pronounced it fixed (minor adjustment to deck they said). As it was the end of the season and I had no grass to try it out in, I went along with them.

Here we are and the same problem remains so I took it to a local repair shop to see if they could fix it. The first thing he did was measure the blades...16 1/8 from end to end. I think they need to be 16 1/4. The only way I get 16 1/4 is if you measure them diagonally like you would a tv. How do you measure the blades?

I have purchased all my blades from an exmark dealer. surely they didn't sell me the wrong size.

Help.

TwistedSister
06-13-2008, 11:41 PM
blades are measured for blade tip to blade tip (I believe)

lawns Etc
06-14-2008, 12:13 AM
diagonaly like a TV as you did thats correct

MJB
06-14-2008, 02:14 AM
Did you check your pitch? That will make it cut bad also.

tacoma200
06-14-2008, 03:13 AM
I think it is diagonally. If the deck is clean and the spindles have no play I would buy some new blades and see if that helped (high lifts). You will have to keep eliminating things until you find the cause. Unless your deck has been damaged it has to be one of a few things. Blades, deck pitch/level, debris build up, spindles belt slippage, etc.

hotdogger
06-09-2010, 04:46 PM
You can loosen the 2 outside spindles & slide them in. That should take care of the blade not being long enough problem.

I have a four year old lazer z hp with 48 inch deck. Awesome machine until the end of last season when I started noticing a skip or strip of uncut grass between where the blades overlap. I took it to the local dealer and they pronounced it fixed (minor adjustment to deck they said). As it was the end of the season and I had no grass to try it out in, I went along with them.

Here we are and the same problem remains so I took it to a local repair shop to see if they could fix it. The first thing he did was measure the blades...16 1/8 from end to end. I think they need to be 16 1/4. The only way I get 16 1/4 is if you measure them diagonally like you would a tv. How do you measure the blades?

I have purchased all my blades from an exmark dealer. surely they didn't sell me the wrong size.

Help.

USFGUY
06-09-2010, 08:06 PM
You measure blades like TVs. Diagonally.
Posted via Mobile Device