PDA

View Full Version : walker owners

Drew Gemma
06-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I love my walker 26 Efi low profile tires large hopper 48 inch ghs

I have 200 hours on it this is my first walker I think it cuts like nothing else period. I think it is actually helping the health of the turf. Plus the bagging is way easier than a zero turn setup. Now that things have slowed down I can pack tons of grass into the hopper.

What do I need to watch for on this mower I want it to last. I am buying another next year. If you own one you know what I mean they just do everything perfect.

2stroke
06-14-2008, 12:09 AM
run it like u stole it. mine is a gold mine. bought it used 3 yrs ago. its been like a dream. no major problems..

CrystalCreek
06-14-2008, 12:29 AM
my original walker has 6900 hours on it. One engine replacement at 3100. NOTHING ELSE, knock on wood. Still running today and everyday. Hear are my secrets. Change oil every 40 hours if air cooled engine. These things get hot. I use Mobil1 10w30 all year long and replace the filter every change. Check the hydro pumps EVERYDAY!!! They almost never leak, but if they do they will lose their fluid very quickly. They only hold a little to begin with. Check the tiny little dip stick next to the blade lever. I believe it is for the gear box. I check it once a week. Have never needed fluid and I change it every winter. A pain in the arss. I grease ALL joints once a week. Keep the hydro pumps adjusted equally. If you sit on the seat, look down between your legs and you will see two nuts attached to levers going into the mower body. Quarter turn adjustment to compensate any inbalance till its close to perfect. Get an air compressor and blast the dirt from under the engine galley. This is huge as dirt builds and reduces the engines cooling ability. I also blow the machien clean several times a day with the backpack if its dusty. Change air filters every 100 hours or more if needed. Finally, keep the beast clean. Wash off the grass from time to time. Having pride in your new toy is a great way to build a quality image and also gets you close to your machien to visually inspect for damage and little problems before they become big. I know that it sounds like a lot of work, but it goes quick once your aquented with the walker. It pays off, Mine is still roaring at 6900 hours and counting. Hope this helps and enjoy. Let me knw how you like the 26hp. I have the old 20, and may retire it for a new 26efi next year.

MOW ED
06-14-2008, 06:34 AM
Just enjoy it. They are built tough. I would change all fluids every year before putting it away of course I do regular oil and filter changes. I have 1700+ on my 26efi and my mower was born in 2000. I use all synthetic Mobil 1 oil and lube. I know I would love a brand new one but I can't justify that because mine is still running good.
Read the manual but you will get good at taking care of it. Don't use water on it if you can avoid that. I use my backpack blower. Right before its winter nap it may or may not get a controlled washing, controlled being the optimal word.