PDA

View Full Version : Spying on the competition

tacoma200
06-14-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm glad I keep my camera with me. I can snap spy photo's of the competition and learn what they are up to. So far I'm the only one with a trimmer and blower so I think I'm safe for the time being.

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-14-2008, 02:59 AM
LOL thats an old ass truck

tacoma200
06-14-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm already training my grandson to try to stay ahead of them. It's looking very promising.

Ford2000
06-14-2008, 05:11 AM
Nice pic.Your grandson is good looking and smart,his mower uses no fuel he could probably teach us all a thing or two.:laugh::laugh:

zemzabob
06-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Nice pic.Your grandson is good looking and smart,his mower uses no fuel he could probably teach us all a thing or two.:laugh::laugh:

Oh see thats were your wrong if I'm not mistaken that mower runs on bubbles he is very cute.

How do those guy even get a commercial contract like that with that equipment?

AI Inc
06-14-2008, 07:03 AM
How do those guy even get a commercial contract like that with that equipment?

" we will do it for less then cost"

Carolina Cuts
06-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Not teachin' him quite good enough.... no ear protection, no eye protection???? What if he gets soapy bubbles in his eyes.... then he'll be sittin' on the side of the truck, lookin' in the side mirror for an hour trying to get it out like my helpers do.....

Carolina Cuts
06-14-2008, 07:40 AM
white truck and trailer....
not one rim/hub cap is the same on that truck....
must be another.... "hey, I lost my job, think I'll get a mower and cut grass now...." newbie.

jkason
06-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Was that a Wally-World he was parked in front of?

Might have been a dealer picking up junkers for repair.

topsites
06-14-2008, 09:16 AM
I think at least if you're poor and broke you might can still see the light, isn't that something, when you can see what money does to folks...? We are, no matter what anyone says or does, no better than anyone else on this earth.

That truck looks to be an F-350 full ton, since it's probably paid for it is quite possible the man lasts the season.
As for myself, I am more worried about the working man pushing me out than the guy with all the bling bling.
At the same rate I wish him all the best of luck, nice outfit especially if it's a starter.

Peace

dishboy
06-14-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm glad I keep my camera with me. I can snap spy photo's of the competition and learn what they are up to. So far I'm the only one with a trimmer and blower so I think I'm safe for the time being.

You got to be kidding, why don't you post pictures of your work instead so we can pick your work apart. Maybe you could just MYOB eh!

KGR landscapeing
06-14-2008, 10:10 AM
You got to be kidding, why don't you post pictures of your work instead so we can pick your work apart. Maybe you could just MYOB eh!

he dose post his work somebody was alittle quick to fly off there rocker today. he just thought it would be good for a laugh and it was so i thank him.

jameson
06-14-2008, 10:11 AM
That truck looks to be an F-350 full ton. . .

*Ahem*

Badging it an F-350, suggests that it's a Ford, which it clearly isn't (1973 -1987 Chevy/GM body style).

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programing. . .

:waving:

deere615
06-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Nice pics, I had one of those bubble mowers when I was a kid, I used to follow my dad around when he cut our yard

kleankutslawn
06-14-2008, 10:46 AM
nice picks ,hope u guys have a blessed day!

N.TX
06-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey when i ditched my business and moved then moved back i started back up with much better then that. I had a 81 chevy that was sittin around the house and a flat bed 16ft trailer. I did have my old toro commercial z though. Upgraded to a 93 f 150 great condition now i upgraded a yr ago with a new dodge 1500 crew cab. Now i run the dodge, new grasshopper z and 3 new push mowers. About 10k a month worth of business and thats after i ditched alot of what i had last yr because i was thinking about selling out.

kleankutslawn
06-14-2008, 10:48 AM
oh btw,the first pic was a ford

deere615
06-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Double post sry

Runner
06-14-2008, 10:50 AM
*Ahem*

Badging it an F-350, suggests that it's a Ford, which it clearly isn't (1973 -1987 Chevy/GM body style).

He was talking about the first pic,...not the second.:laugh:

jameson
06-14-2008, 11:30 AM
*Ahem*

Oopsies!

oh btw,the first pic was a ford

Hindsight being 20/20. . . it very well could be (I can't make out the first pic, so I just assumed [first mistake :nono:] that both pics were of the same outfit).

He was talking about the first pic,...not the second.:laugh:

Now, in my defense. . . :rolleyes:, I never know exactly what Mr. Topsites is talking about.

tacoma200
06-14-2008, 01:30 PM

I probably have a thousand pictures on this site. Most of them are comparison pictures. Such as comparing the cut of the XR7 and the Ultra Cut side by side for 2 months. Then the Velocity pics for comparison to that. This is just farm country here, most of the turf isn't going to win any prizes.

tacoma200
06-14-2008, 01:34 PM
A lot of my work is rough, steep and difficult. Pic it apart all you want. I'm just glad to get it done sometimes. And no I can't get a good strait line on this bank though I've tried.

big_country
06-14-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't apperciate you makin fun of my equipment. BTW why don't you trim that half mile of fence row?

KGR landscapeing
06-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't apperciate you makin fun of my equipment. BTW why don't you trim that half mile of fence row?

if it bothers you y dont you trim it. id sppray it with round up and call it a day after awhile its just anoyying to keep trimming the endless battle

Military Lawns
06-14-2008, 07:52 PM
LOL thats an old ass truck

That's what I was thinking. Some will agree and others will not depending on what your niche is but to me, image is the start of representing my company. That rig will not pass muster in some of the upscale communities that I service in the Greater Orlando area.

johnnybravo8802
06-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh...... Tacoma, I knew that you would end up taking a snap shot of someone on this site and pissing them off. The thing is-no one wants to admit who it is in the Ford or Chevy:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

93Chevy
06-14-2008, 09:25 PM
I had a plastic mower and used to follow my dad around the yard. It didn't run on bubbles though.

tacoma200
06-18-2008, 02:55 PM
This guy may look innocent but as soon as he gets a deck I will have to be on my toes to keep him from getting some of my accounts. How can I compete with white letter tires? You guys just don't know how great it is living here. He usually has a big rebel flag flying from the rear but he is being stealth today..........

Lawn-Sharks
06-18-2008, 03:06 PM
This guy may look innocent but as soon as he gets a deck I will have to be on my toes to keep him from getting some of my accounts. How can I compete with white letter tires? You guys just don't know how great it is living here. He usually has a big rebel flag flying from the rear but he is being stealth today..........

Looks like trouble to me!

tacoma200
06-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Looks like trouble to me!

Your just jealous of the paint job...:laugh:

TomberLawn
06-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Hey, better watch out for that "death row" mower. That thing could probably run circles around everybody's mower. My friend and I were building an old Murray. Ours would go well over 40mph. I hit 43 on it in 4th gear, out of 5 gears. Okay, so it won't mow grass worth anything, but that would be a slick spreader/aerator tow machine.