PDA

View Full Version : Loading the rear tires ??

coobie
06-14-2008, 08:33 PM
I have a kubota ZD 326 pro 60 inch deck.Has anyone ever tried loading the rear tires?Would this help againest tire spin and scuffing?Thanks for any information.coobie:)

ed2hess
06-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Our 61" Scag has some weights on the back and I wondered why? Maybe it is to get some weight on the rear end:confused:

sven1277
06-14-2008, 09:37 PM
My scag dealer says that loading the drive tires on mid z's puts too much strain on the pumps/motors. Ok for skidsteers but not for z's. I mounted about 120lbs of weights behind my tiger and it proved great for use on hills

lawnspecialties
06-14-2008, 10:23 PM
One complaint I have with my 252 and 260 Gravelys is the weight is too "even". I'm trying to figure a way to weight down the rear end and I actually think it will handle better and safer.

1998tahoe
06-14-2008, 11:20 PM
On my Cub Cadet TANK we filled the rear tires full of alcohol/water mixture and it made ONE HECK of a difference. Alot better traction.

gravedigger5
06-15-2008, 12:18 AM
On my Cub Cadet TANK we filled the rear tires full of alcohol/water mixture and it made ONE HECK of a difference. Alot better traction.

If you are going to weight the rear tires, fluid would be easier on the pumps and motors because there is no extra rotational mass, just weight on the ground. I did this to my 30 hp tractor and made world of difference. Only thing with fluid in the tires is a big mess if you get a flat.

MJB
06-15-2008, 12:35 AM
One complaint I have with my 252 and 260 Gravelys is the weight is too "even". I'm trying to figure a way to weight down the rear end and I actually think it will handle better and safer.

Most midmount mowers have enough traction going forward. But when going downhill and stopping to turn back around I can not get any traction with the 260 or for that matter my Exmark. But my Super Z does netter than any midmounts backing uphill that I have tried. So what do we need to do add weight behind the wheels for more backing up traction ? Or in front of the wheels ?

grassman177
06-15-2008, 03:21 PM
i have the 326 kubota. this is one heavy machine, i would be weary of adding more weight. but does this fluid really make that much of a difference? they are a bit lacking in that in some situations. any firm believers of loading the tires??????