PDA

View Full Version : Bad Start For Me

zero_turn_freak
06-14-2008, 10:02 PM
So i decided to give my buddys eXmark ECS for a spin today...bad idea

I backed it off the trailer fine, but then i figured hey, how different could it be from my toro, so i shoved it into 6th and didnt have a clue of what i was doing, i was freaking out, then i looked and a car was coming! the car about t-boned me on the mower, finnally right before it hit me, i turned the key to kill the engine, god damn was that scary...i wonder who would have one the fight...a WB or a Car?

Either way, im lucky not to be hurt

Lesson Learned!

greenred
06-14-2008, 10:15 PM
lolololooll I can just picture in my head some guy getting dragged around by a out of control walk behind all over the street

should have just let go of the handles and the operator presence system would have killed it, problem is it goes against instinct

I dont think I have ever had mine much above 4 as I dont use a sulky

dura to the max
06-14-2008, 10:26 PM
my guys dont use the exmark w/b. i only let them use a toro t-bar or gravely prosteer.

kyfireman2004
06-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I bought an exmark this spring. After about a week of mowing with it I was feeling pretty comfortable. Then it happened to me....... I had one ecs handle in the locked position and one unlocked and released the directional control. Full throttle ...and a way we went into a circle.
I finally released my grip from the machine and killed it.........It was scary!

greenred
06-14-2008, 10:33 PM
I bought an exmark this spring. After about a week of mowing with it I was feeling pretty comfortable. Then it happened to me....... I had one ecs handle in the locked position and one unlocked and released the directional control. Full throttle ...and a way we went into a circle.
I finally released my grip from the machine and killed it.........It was scary!

Yes that is scary as hell, especially if the deck is running. I have had it happen a couple times and each time I about shat myself afterwards. And instinctively you want to keep a hold of it instead of letting it go and letting the safety features work as designed. One of the very few things I dislike about my exmark wb.

topsites
06-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Oh yes, I've had more than a few of them kind of encounters.
You have entered the school of learning to respect the Wb heheh
That bad boy taught you who was really the BOSS didn't it? Lol
Yes, yes...

Some times it can hurt you and bad, but it ain't never kill't me and I wouldn't test this but I don't THINK it ever would... :p

The Ztr is another story, don't ever get on a Z with a "how bad can it be" attitude, all I gotta say.
But the Wb, it's all right, there's always more fun to be had, time and again the Wb's provide great entertainment and highly educational lessons, of course for some reason the Wb uses the crash course method.

zero_turn_freak
06-14-2008, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=topsites;2374341]Oh yes, I've had more than a few of them kind of encounters.
You have entered the school of learning to respect the Wb heheh
That bad boy taught you who was really the BOSS didn't it? Lol
Yes, yes...[QUOTE]

I am no longer the boss...its all about my machines

lolol that had my heart going a a pretty decent rate! :drinkup:

XterraJohn
06-14-2008, 11:33 PM
These problems don't seem entirely uncommon. How often do we hear about a WB going through a fence? I don't understand why they build them to operate in such a counter-intuitive way.

S man
06-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I don't mess with w/bs period. But that sounded funny as heck though.

Lbilawncare
06-15-2008, 12:19 AM
I never understood the whole "select a gear" theory to walk-behinds. ECS are just glorified pistol grips, there are a lot better steering systems out there that 1. allow the operator to control the speed 2. Can be controlled with one hand if needed 3. Stop when you let go of the controls.

zemzabob
06-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Just to had seen the look on your face would have been worth $$$$ glad you are ok.

KGR landscapeing
06-15-2008, 12:55 PM
its so hard to just let go 5k pice of equipemnt is spinning in circles. had you of let go right away it woldnt of even gotten that far. Once you learn that the walkbehind out weighs and out powers you. it has to be treated like a little girl with a huge temper. very emotional but hits like a mack truck