PDA

View Full Version : Mulching Blades Gator Blades Or Other?

WETSCAPE
06-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I have a new Kubota ZG 222 48" Zero turn. I recently switched over to the mulching system with mulching blades. Not that crazy about whats left behind. When most customers lawns are wet in AM after sprinklers have been running, I have to cut it twice to grind it up. Any one try or can recommend a better mulching blade for my machine? Anyone try the gator blades or other mulching type blades and have had good luck?
Thanks!!!

dishboy
06-15-2008, 02:07 AM
I have a new Kubota ZG 222 48" Zero turn. I recently switched over to the mulching system with mulching blades. Not that crazy about whats left behind. When most customers lawns are wet in AM after sprinklers have been running, I have to cut it twice to grind it up. Any one try or can recommend a better mulching blade for my machine? Anyone try the gator blades or other mulching type blades and have had good luck?
Thanks!!!

I usually cut the smallest lawn first , and get the customers trained on shutting the sprinklers off for 36 hours prior to scheduled mow day. Absolutely no reason to have a wet lawn unless it rains. As far as blades I have had the most luck with the Exmark design, but mulch kit design plays big here also, deflectors like Toro uses only load up the deck faster than with no deflectors. Take a good look at the new Walker mulch deck, they are really onto something ......anything can you incorporate from their design will help with wet or tall grass.

lawns Etc
06-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Wet grass will ball up while mulching with any setup and blade stay away till they dry out

Meg-Mo
06-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Try the MEG MO blades they will help a lot.

WETSCAPE
06-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Just filled out the form.... Need three mulching blades, they measure 16 1/2" x 2 1/2". Hope you make them for my machine!!!!! Let me know, I will order these tommorow!
Thanks!!

lawns Etc
06-15-2008, 06:13 PM
I would search on here before you buy those blades there have been mixed results

Meg-Mo
06-16-2008, 10:15 AM
The MEG MO blades have been around for more then 10 yrs. We run about 99.6% happy customers. So far in the first 5 mo. we have sold in dolars more than we sold last year and only 11 person have sent there blades back for refund.The MEG MO blades are working great for a lot of people.

Bladecutter1
06-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Wetscape I have the same machine but mine is a couple years old. I haven't found any blades except for the ones that are made by Kubota that fit my machine. I'm going to carry my blades to the Scag dealer tomorrow and see if his may work on my mower. I may have to drill them out a little. Certainly willing to try some things. Let us know if you figure anything out.

cybervision
06-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Here's an option for you. These are the Eliminator blades that Scag uses.

I purchased a set for my UltraCut but have not tried them yet. At the same time I ordered a set for a friend's Craftsman mower and he used them Saturday and said they worked great. He was still discharging but he said the blades worked better that any he has tried.

http://www.tracksplus.com/findblade2.asp?brand=Kubota

http://www.tracksplus.com/mower-blades.asp

Meg-Mo
06-16-2008, 12:59 PM
The scag blades are 16 1/2" long with a 5/8" center hole where the kubota takes a 16 3/4" blades with a 23/32 " center hole. All mower just don't worker. This is why we make over 17000 blades as we want the to be right for your mowers.

cybervision
06-16-2008, 02:55 PM
The scag blades are 16 1/2" long with a 5/8" center hole where the kubota takes a 16 3/4" blades with a 23/32 " center hole. All mower just don't worker. This is why we make over 17000 blades as we want the to be right for your mowers.

I did not say that the Scag and Kubota Blades are the same size. I stated "These are the Eliminator blades that Scag uses. Meaning the mulching blades that Scag uses are the Eliminator Mulching Blades.

There has been a lot of positive feed back from Scag owners using the Eliminator Blades. Now the rest of us using different brands of equipment can get Eliminators blades as well.

naturescape
06-17-2008, 01:31 AM
The MEG MO blades have been around for more then 10 yrs. We run about 99.6% happy customers. So far in the first 5 mo. we have sold in dolars more than we sold last year and only 11 person have sent there blades back for refund.The MEG MO blades are working great for a lot of people.

Nothing is worse on wet turf than Meg Mos. Here you have Meg Mo touting their success rate AGAIN -- that's why I posted this poll:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=194394&highlight=megmos+poll

Does that look like a 99.6% success rate to you?

WETSCAPE
06-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I ordered a set yesterday. I will take part in your poll after I try them. I talked to Meg-Mo yesterday and the person seemed very knowledgeable and confident about the blades they sell.

I think if you are cutting in a bog then any blade will be bad. Also do you guys run with a closed deck? I have been doing this with my Kubota. It will cut with the stock mulching blades but leaves alot of clumps.

The plan is to try my stock Kubota mulching blades with a open deck discharge, then I will try the Meg-Mo blades. Scagg does not make the Eliminator blade for my machine nor does Gator.

I will post up when I try them a few times....And an honest opinion will be given.
Thanks!

cybervision
06-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Scagg does not make the Eliminator blade for my machine nor does Gator.

Thanks!

Scag won't carry them for Kubota. You have to get them from Tracksplus. They are the manufacutrer of the Eliminator blades.

Did you contact the Tracksplus? They did not have the newer blades for my UltraCut (15/16" hole) but the opened up the hole in a set with the 5/8" hole for me at no cost. Now they have added that blade to their list.

http://www.tracksplus.com/findblade2.asp?brand=Kubota

http://www.tracksplus.com/mower-blades.asp

Please be sure to post your results with the Meg Mo Blades.

Bladecutter1
06-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Cybervision. I ordered a set of the Eliminator blades for my Kubota ztr. They were nice folks to deal with. I should get them around Friday. I'll let you all know how they do. Now Wetscape is going with the Meg Mo blades maybe he'll let us know how they do. If he has good results I may try them next time.

JimQ
06-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Eliminators are a Fisher - Barton product.

http://www.fisher-barton.com/Eliminator.htm

Q

WETSCAPE
06-18-2008, 06:25 PM
As sooner as they arrive they go on.....

jpaul4
06-25-2008, 08:08 PM

What blade id for the Kubota ZD326P 60" ?

Meg-Mo
06-26-2008, 10:50 AM
For the 60" mower you need to measure the center hole then we can tell you the MEG MO blade to fit your mower.

Bladecutter1
07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
I recieved my Eliminator blades about three days after I ordered them. Put them on the Kubota and have cut only my yard because my family and I went out of town for a week. The results are much better than the Kubota blades. I have a set of regular side discharge and a set of mulching blades that I purchased from Kubota and these Eliminator blades do a better looking job on the St. Augustine in the front yard and don't miss nearly as many stems on the Bahai in the back yard. Time will tell how long the edge holds up though.

MowHouston.com
07-03-2008, 02:30 AM
For the 60" mower you need to measure the center hole then we can tell you the MEG MO blade to fit your mower.

Wow. Still going at it. Aren't you going to respond to this....

Nothing is worse on wet turf than Meg Mos. Here you have Meg Mo touting their success rate AGAIN -- that's why I posted this poll:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ht=megmos+poll

Does that look like a 99.6% success rate to you?

wtfpwnd :laugh:

cybervision
07-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I recieved my Eliminator blades about three days after I ordered them. Put them on the Kubota and have cut only my yard because my family and I went out of town for a week. The results are much better than the Kubota blades. I have a set of regular side discharge and a set of mulching blades that I purchased from Kubota and these Eliminator blades do a better looking job on the St. Augustine in the front yard and don't miss nearly as many stems on the Bahai in the back yard. Time will tell how long the edge holds up though.

I'm glad they worked. I have not tried my set yet. We are in drought conditions here with the lawns and the grass is mostly brown so I have not bothered to try them yet. Not much to cut.