PDA

View Full Version : First Video

Grits
06-14-2008, 11:22 PM
I was messing around today with making a video of a few jobs. Here is the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj9jryNglO4
Nothing serious, just something fun to do.

Frue
06-15-2008, 12:03 AM
good stuff my man

Grits
06-15-2008, 12:09 AM
good stuff my man

Thanks, Frue!

DuallyVette
06-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Unless the getto is your market, the music would keep some (ME) from watching the whole thing.

Grits
06-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Unless the getto is your market, the music would keep some (ME) from watching the whole thing.

Yes, I understand. But this was mainly for MY entertainment. That was the first CD I saw and ripped a song off of it. Sorry you didn't like it.

freshprince94
06-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Nice video. And I liked the music, I'm a fan of hip-hop and rap (REAL hip hop, not the garbage on the radio these days).

Roger
06-15-2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks. The postage-sized lots helps explain why some of the statistics (number of lawns, price/lawn, etc) I read on LS.

I agree with another post, loose the music!

razor1
06-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Pretty cool! What camera did you use?

zemzabob
06-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Nice video I enjoyed it thanks.

Runner
06-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Why does everyone seem to think they have to play rap music or some sort of heavy metal "death" music that sounds like satan singing on it? Just out of curiosity, in the last landscape pic, why did you leave the end of the house undone - especially with the industrial looking meter sticking out there? Why didn't you soften that up? The eaves would have been in the bed and out of the way, as well.

daysel
06-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Didn't know everyone seemed to think it but, I think most people just play what they like. What makes your taste any better?

Runner
06-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't know,...I guess I just wouldn't want the "yo yo yo wha's up in the hood" mentality associated with my business.

daysel
06-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Give me a break. Only a close minded fool would actually...oh, well nevermind.
Some people.

Liendeni
06-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Nice job on the video...and I know the music and the whole thing was just for fun and you were just messing around...so good job.

But...if you were really going to use this video and associate it with your business in some way, shape, or form....than I agree with runner....I wouldn't want that music associated with my business either. First thing I thought of was, "This is a either a high school kid or a very young adult."

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-15-2008, 07:15 PM
I think they look good. Way to go...

Nelly? Those lawns don't look like they're in St. Louis... :laugh:

Green Finger
06-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice work, nice video, nice music. Let the haters hate. Your video, your choice of music. It's called salesman ship. Not everyone agree....... to each is own. Fine with me.

Grits
06-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I think they look good. Way to go...

Nelly? Those lawns don't look like they're in St. Louis... :laugh:

You didn't know they could grow St. Augustine and Centipede in da STL?

Thanks for the nice comments. I understand not everyone likes the music, that's cool. It does bother me a little, but that's just because I'm human. Everyone has different opinions and taste. If we were all the same, this forum would be boring. It's all good. I will most likely change the music to something "middle of the road", and generic. Unfortunately that is the way it is. But I like all types of music. From Nelly to Hank Williams Jr., From Pantera to Mozart. If it sounds good to me, then I like it.

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-15-2008, 09:27 PM
If we were all the same, this forum would be boring...

Amen to that. While I'm a product of the 90's grunge - and not much of a fan of the hip-hop persuasion, I respect that others ARE. Do what YOU want to do. Be who YOU want to be. NEVER make changes to go with the flow. We have enough mindless lemmings in this country already.

A wise man recently said, "The Lord did not people the earth with a vibrant orchestra of personalities only to value the piccolos of the world. Every instrument is precious and adds to the complex beauty of the symphony. All of Heavenly Fatherís children are different in some degree, yet each has his own beautiful sound that adds depth and richness to the whole."

So just be YOU!!

razor1
06-15-2008, 09:32 PM
If it's good enough for Verizon, then I say "stick to yo guns"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXKhIFitfWs
Plus have you seen Verizon's latest commercial where they use the song "Whoops there it is". (Very funny)

RHill
06-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey Grits

I liked it

Grits
06-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey Grits

I liked it

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Lawnut101
06-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Nice work. Keep it up. I'm going to school next year to learn how to do that kind of design work, because that's where the real money is.

Groh's Mows
06-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Like the video portion. My wife walked in and heard the soundtrack playing and thought I had lost it, obviously not a lot of rap is played in our house. Once I got the sound down I enjoyed the before and after shots and with a professional sounding voice over announcer, you could turn this into a useable marketing tool. Put it as a link on the website or on your cards etc.

Grits
06-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Like the video portion. My wife walked in and heard the soundtrack playing and thought I had lost it, obviously not a lot of rap is played in our house. Once I got the sound down I enjoyed the before and after shots and with a professional sounding voice over announcer, you could turn this into a useable marketing tool. Put it as a link on the website or on your cards etc.

Good idea. Hopefully I can find a friend that has a good announcer voice. I'm sure it is expensive for a voice-over professional to do it.

Gardens55
06-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Good idea. Hopefully I can find a friend that has a good announcer voice. I'm sure it is expensive for a voice-over professional to do it.

*In a booming gravelly voice* "Coming this summer to a lawn near you...."

JohnnyRoyale
06-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Video is no longer available-I'd like to see it.

Grits
06-16-2008, 09:14 AM

I just clicked on the link and it is still there. Try it again.

grass2cash
06-16-2008, 09:16 AM

Duallyvette, Lawnsite has this nifty thing called spell check... use it!

I'm personally not a fan of Nelly's (the music on the clip) but I think the point he is trying to convey by using that track is that his service is "Number One", just as the song implies. If some of you were to open your minds and evolve a bit you'd be surprised that not all people in the "GHETTO" listen to rap. By the way, the majority of rap music is purchased by a demographic far from the stereotypical ghetto. Look it up!

Grits
06-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Were you able to view the video? It should be working.

Lawn-Scapes
06-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Looks great! Will that Rubellini that is missing it's head come back? Is that Variegated Liriope you used? IMO it was planted a little too close to the edges.

I loved the music! I have a very wide taste for music though.. grew up around the corner from Run DMC. Don't listen to all the hata's on here :)

Grits
06-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Looks great! Will that Rubellini that is missing it's head come back? Is that Variegated Liriope you used? IMO it was planted a little too close to the edges.

I loved the music! I have a very wide taste for music though.. grew up around the corner from Run DMC. Don't listen to all the hata's on here :)

It was in very bad shape when I got there. If it was healthy, it would come back. But with this one, I don't know. I mow this yard too, so I am keeping an eye on it.
Yes, that is Variegated Liriope. It was planted close to the edge, but it is a small bed and the owner wanted some room to plant some things on her own.

I grew up on Run DMC! Thanks for the comments!

DuallyVette
06-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Duallyvette, Lawnsite has this nifty thing called spell check... use it!

I'm personally not a fan of Nelly's (the music on the clip) but I think the point he is trying to convey by using that track is that his service is "Number One", just as the song implies. If some of you were to open your minds and evolve a bit you'd be surprised that not all people in the "GHETTO" listen to rap. By the way, the majority of rap music is purchased by a demographic far from the stereotypical ghetto. Look it up!

I'm so sorry about the spelling. I know that people other than those in the ghetto (better?) listen to rap, etc. But are they the demographic that he wants to impress ?

I didn't mean to be hate'n, just trying to make a point about marketing. Here's a towel..:cry:...now dry your eyes......there now...all better:)