PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat ztr?

MONTE
06-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Anyone have experience with one? I demoed one for a day last week and was impressed with it. I would be currious to any comments regurarding bobcats good or bad!

Icepuck72
06-15-2008, 11:29 AM
When I was researching, I asked a bunch of people too. Most didn't have a lot of positives to say about them, but nothing too negative either and these were folks that have used pretty much everything.

I can tell you this though...I have a friend that works at a BobCat dealer, and he sent me to an Exmark dealer, if that says anything.

lawns Etc
06-15-2008, 12:37 PM
They are the most popular in my area they are workhorses I know of several with 2-3k hrs and still strong awesome stripes and dependable and you can get parts almost anywhere

ProStreetCamaro
06-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Cant go wrong with a bobcat mower. They have been around forever and have always cut good and been reliable mowers.

STIHL GUY
06-15-2008, 05:04 PM
my bobcat is the best investment i have made

kjslawn
06-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Has anyone use the 61" with a 37hp Kaw?

Tharrell
06-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Listen, "rumor, rumor, hearsay, rumor hearsay--he said it, I believe it"
I can't believe how people will spread crap they heard someone else say. As far as your friend goes, I don't care much for dealers, and their employees are even further down the list.
Bob-Cat is a strong, reasonably priced machine with an impeccable pedigree.
I have 3 of them, among other brands by the way.
You'll not find any posts on here complaining about that brand. Tony

milo
06-15-2008, 09:48 PM
i had 4 of them all 61 inch cut and 25hp kohers and one i still have has 28efi on it anyway they are good mowers. i would put them in my top pics of mowers but not the best. they are as good as exmark, scag. only real problem is the parking brake adjustment. other than that real good machines

Mowerboy04
06-15-2008, 09:53 PM
i had one it was a great mower, whish i had bought another one to replace it.

bigclawn
06-15-2008, 10:03 PM
they don't hold slopes worth a crap -- especially compared to a real mower like a Scag tiger

mowerbrad
06-15-2008, 10:29 PM
I really like mine, I will work all day and I have had no problems with it. I would love to buy another one when I have to replace this one but my dealers around here are horrible. The bob-cats are built tough and really perform just as well if not better than the other brands. Overall I really like mine.

Lawnut101
06-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Anyone have experience with one? I demoed one for a day last week and was impressed with it. I would be currious to any comments regurarding bobcats good or bad!

I have one that I just bought brand new. Mine works great. The only thing is that it doesn't have suspension or flex forks or anything, so if your mowing over bumpy terrain, you will have to slow down, otherwise the deck will bounce around too much, and there will be some stragglers. I have used other bigger Bobcat mowers and they weren't nearly as bouncy and didn't leave any stragglers. But overall, for the price it is a great machine. Mine cost me $6,350 or so out the door. I really like it. Any questions just ask.

tacoma200
06-16-2008, 12:03 AM
i had 4 of them all 61 inch cut and 25hp kohers and one i still have has 28efi on it anyway they are good mowers. i would put them in my top pics of mowers but not the best. they are as good as exmark, scag. only real problem is the parking brake adjustment. other than that real good machines

What would you put as best? Just wondering.

KatKutter
06-16-2008, 12:18 AM
I guess the name gives it away. Im katkutter, I have used the Bobcat ztr,s since they hit the market. Had nine in use all together. The 223 61" the 225 61" the 227 61" also the liquid cooled agies kohler lc223 61". The new cats are awesome, great seat, easy controls, cut quality is (wow). and there tough. As for slopes and hill sides, alot of that is driver experience, honestly I can put mine in places I really shouldn't. They have parker wheel motors, and hydro gear pumps. The 37 kaw is really kinda over kill, you dont need that much motor especially with gas prices like they are. The 25 kaw or the 27 kohler on the 61" is perfect. Its a vertical shaft design so theres no mule gear with a long slaping belt to always be jumping off. With proper care 3000 hours is pretty common. I have used about all of them in the 20 years in this, but I really love my Bobcats. And I no every inch of the damn things, that helps.

Icepuck72
06-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Listen, "rumor, rumor, hearsay, rumor hearsay--he said it, I believe it"
I can't believe how people will spread crap they heard someone else say. As far as your friend goes, I don't care much for dealers, and their employees are even further down the list.
Bob-Cat is a strong, reasonably priced machine with an impeccable pedigree.
I have 3 of them, among other brands by the way.
You'll not find any posts on here complaining about that brand. Tony

I never said my friend was the dealer, I said he worked at a dealer that sold Bob Cats. He's the Parts Manager.

Bull
06-16-2008, 02:13 AM
I run two of them with 52" decks and Kawi engines. Right now each of them have approximately 1500 hours. I will replace them both next year and will go right back to the Bobcat dealer to get two new ones. They are simple but well designed. You won't go wrong if that is what you purchase.

Tharrell
06-16-2008, 05:54 AM
I just get ticked off when someone asks an opinion and people give hearsay or someone responds without first hand experience. I can comment on a lot of stuff I don't have experience with. For instance, I have no experience with Shindaiwa equipment so I keep my mouth shut. Tony
Since you're a newbie here, I tried to keep my responses civil.

milo
06-16-2008, 03:06 PM
What would you put as best? Just wondering.
hi, my order now is
hustler
next like tie
exmark, scag, bobcat
than dixie chopper
husqvarna
yazoo
gravely
there are some others i have never used but all these i have owned and used like the 60 inch and last would be cub cadet tank had 2 and both just trouble.

MONTE
06-17-2008, 07:47 PM
I got to run the bobcat again today and am really more impressed with it! seems more of a cross between a exmark and a hustler super z. Except with power!

supercuts
06-17-2008, 08:04 PM
they don't hold slopes worth a crap -- especially compared to a real mower like a Scag tiger

mine does, you sure?? a scagg is also a good 15" longer!

i have 3, two new ZTRs and a WB, had numerous of both prior as well. well built, cut great, short wheel base, no real problems, etc. im very happy with them. i have a predator pro 33hp/61" and a zt225 kawi/61". my last had 3300hrs when i sold it for $2500. bobcat stands behind them too when something goes wrong. all around great machine

jaredslawnserv
06-17-2008, 08:09 PM
bobcat walk behinds are ok too. check out my pic above.

Lynden-Jeff
06-17-2008, 08:20 PM
We love our bobcats, amazing stripers.

Cheers

alvatude
06-18-2008, 12:22 PM
I test drove one yesterday with 21 hrs a repo and the steering was herky jerky but if you don't have to mow around alot of stuff it was a great buy only $5200 its on E-bay

MONTE
06-18-2008, 07:10 PM
I talked to a cutter today that has one he said his was a 72" and it has a tunnell ram deck on it! He said it was the best cutting mower that he has!

cabo91
06-18-2008, 09:49 PM
I have a 99 bobcat with 61 deck and a 23 hp kawasaki. I have 2800 hours on it. I bough it new and have has good luck with it. I am in the market for a new mower Im looking at the Turf tiger with the 29 EfI and liquid cooling or the bobcat predator pro .Im leaning toward the scag only because of the engine I don't believe I Can get that motor option on the bobcat. The fuel savings is what I'm looking for they say 20 to 25 percent fuel savings Which means alot as you know. Any thoughts ?

doubleedge
06-18-2008, 10:07 PM
I have a 99 bobcat with 61 deck and a 23 hp kawasaki. I have 2800 hours on it. I bough it new and have has good luck with it. I am in the market for a new mower Im looking at the Turf tiger with the 29 EfI and liquid cooling or the bobcat predator pro .Im leaning toward the scag only because of the engine I don't believe I Can get that motor option on the bobcat. The fuel savings is what I'm looking for they say 20 to 25 percent fuel savings Which means alot as you know. Any thoughts ?

Diesel supposedly saves 40%, which would outweigh the $1 extra per gallon. You would be paying around the same price for fuel, and have the awesome torque of diesel.

J&R Landscaping
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM

The one I boguth from you last fall has been great thus far. I have a 61" 25hp kohler unit as well as a 1996 model 52" bobcat hydro wb. That machine has over 3000 hours. Runs fair but stripes great as does my ZTR.

Green King
06-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Monte I got to demo I think probably the same machine you did I am impressed!! That is a mean cat with some power!:weightlifter:

KatKutter
06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I been running the pro-cats 227 for the last year. There fast, stronge and an awesome quality cut. Been useing Bobcats since the were Ransome corp.. Then Textron and now they are CGC. Still the same guys up there in Wisc. They will even talk to you right at the company if you have trouble. Sent me a new deck once and cost me nothing. Thumbs up to CGC Bobcat. You want be dissapointed if you the cat. Cause Katkutter said so (lmao)

WREBELMACHINE
06-20-2008, 11:37 PM
I drove a 61 predator today at my dealer! Nice machine! If he takes the line on I might have to take a closer look at them! Too bad they do not have a diesel or a EFI option!

WREBELMACHINE
06-21-2008, 11:06 PM
I got try this thing out for a while today and I am very impressed with it! It cuts very well and rides good and has very good construction! Pricing not to bad either!

KatKutter
06-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Actually they have many options. Kaw engines, kohler, air and liquid cool, 18 up to 37 horse power on there ztr,s. and yanmar diesels also. Parker wheel motors and hydro gear pumps. Check them out at there site, Bobcats are a good machine http://www.bobcatturf.com/products/ztm/index.html

fastcat
06-22-2008, 12:47 AM
i love my bobcat fastcat. want to add a bobcat predator 52 sometime.

lawn dogg
06-22-2008, 12:51 AM
very good reliable mower with a quality cut have owned 3 61" with 25 hp kohler and kaw no problems. 1500 hrs and still going strong :weightlifter:

WREBELMACHINE
06-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know if they are going to have an efi option or a large diesel option?

mes9979
03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
I got to run the bobcat again today and am really more impressed with it! seems more of a cross between a exmark and a hustler super z. Except with power!
monte, I am from wasington mo looking at your post I see that you run dixies and have spent some time on a bobcat, I run exmarks lazers and turf tracers and am looking at buying a dixie chopper or bobcat predator pro, cut quality is whats most important to me . in that regard how did they stack up to each other. thanks

milo
03-21-2009, 10:09 PM
they have efi models. i own one 28hp efi kohler 61 inch cut

lifetree
03-21-2009, 10:33 PM
... I can tell you this though...i have a friend that works at a bobcat dealer, and he sent me to an exmark dealer, if that says anything.

lmao ... !!!

lifetree
03-21-2009, 10:36 PM

LMAO ... so much for no complaints on LS about these mowers !!

Prime Cuts
03-23-2009, 10:18 AM
I replaced my JD 757 with the 37hp 61inch bob cat late last season and have not been sorry at all. The bob Cat dealer here is great and very close to my house,its also where i get my walkers from,its nice to only have one place to deal with on repairs etc. The 37hp Bob Cat is super fast and mulches very well ...... the fast part is not always the best thing but you like to know you got it, kind of like a muscle car.

pugs
03-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I talked to a cutter today that has one he said his was a 72" and it has a tunnell ram deck on it! He said it was the best cutting mower that he has!

Yah we have sold one 72" in our time with them and that deck is a different design than all the rest of them. It does have kinda a tunnel ram thing going on with it.

As for engine options they keep changing. According to my most recent price sheet there are no Kohler EFI options. The diesel seems to go away and come back alot. Not really sure why but there is only the one option for a diesel. Its a vertical shaft diesel which there arent many engine options out there for so anything bigger probably is not going to happen. Since all their ZTR's are vertical shaft it would take alot of engineering to put a 3-4 cylinder inline horizontal shaft diesel on them.

Actually just looked a bit more and it appears there is only 1 option for a kohler, 1 option for a diesel, 1 option for a B&S Intek, and the rest are Kawasaki and some Generac(BLEH).

I think someone above mentioned the 220ES being a bumpy ride. That is their entry level model and they dont include a suspension seat on that. They cut stuff out everywhere to get the price way down on that one :(.

Basically most of this thread is why I steer people to Bobcat. We have had great luck with them.