PDA

View Full Version : Customer nicknames

LAWNS AND MOWER
01-03-2002, 11:47 AM
This isn't a technical topic but was wondering if anyone has made up nicknames for there clients? Some that come to mind for me are----

Icecream Lady- Lady would bring out icecream on a silver platter

Icecream Man- Icecream ladies brother

Sleepy- Old man would watch us mow from his front porch, only
to fall asleep

Trouble- If we mowed this guys yard after 2pm, he would be
sauced and would want to help us work. Needless to
say, he was put on a morning schedule!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

lawncare
01-03-2002, 12:14 PM
The watcher- cust wants u 2 call when u cut his lawn and will watch from start to finish.

Sneak-a-peek-occasionally would peek out the window while working but once u tur n here dircetions would clost d curtains quick

1MajorTom
01-03-2002, 12:27 PM
This has been discussed before, but this doesn't mean that no one else should chime in. Lots of new members have recently joined, so this thread should be able to get some new life.

Here is the old thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=18257&highlight=customer+nicknames

LAWNS AND MOWER
01-03-2002, 12:34 PM
Sorry Tom I guess I was too lazy to do a search. I'll know better next time.

LAWNS AND MOWER nickname- searchless

Barkleymut
01-03-2002, 01:19 PM
OTD = Older than dirt. I know its not really nice but this lady tells me take care of her lawn like 7 times in one conversation. I usually have to say alrighty then and act like she's not talking and just walk away. She has to be in her late 90's. I'm probably going to end up doing this ---> :blob2: for eternity for thinking bad things about her.

GLS
01-03-2002, 01:42 PM
Pack rat - the old lady goes around town looking for deals on anything she can find...even if she doesn't need it. She has TWO cars filled with junk, everthing from A-Z. I guess after she filled up the one car, she just went and bought another. When she drives it the bumper about scrapes the ground because it's so weighted down.

bobbygedd
01-03-2002, 02:32 PM
we have : b*ll sh*t bob(he always comes out and talks to us alot), we have night and day(two lawns right across the street from eachother, one waters, one doesnt, one looks great, other horrible) we have "deadbeat" number one, and # 2(both are a little hard to reach around billing time) we have "the town cryer", a lady whos been complaining about the service for 4 years, but continues to renew every year. we have "centerfold" enough said about that one. we have "no grass", a lady who insists we be there by 11:00 am, every thursday, cus"the lawn is overgrown", meanwhile, i havnt seen a blade of grass grow there for 2 years. we have"grass in the pool", a lady who swears we get grass in her pool when we wack, but we really dont. we have "scrapes on the pool", a lady who swears we scrape up her 4 ft. pool with the cutter, even though the scrape marks are under the deck, where we cant possibly get the mower. u know, now that i think of it, i dont know any of the customers by thier real name, its all knicknames.

bob
01-03-2002, 04:11 PM
Blondie- nice looking blonde gal
yackity yack -talks to me too much
dandelion city- tons of dandelions
the watchers - the neighbors put down what ever their doing and watch
apple tree house - neighbors apples fall in the lawn I cut
ditch man -has long ditch
shed house- has large shed.
nightmare bob - bob evans rest. that has tons of trimming

Turfdude
01-03-2002, 05:21 PM
Hawk - any client who "hawks U start to finish"
Horse tooth Harry:D
Grandma
Dad
the "Candy Lady"
"Crome Dome"

LoneStarLawn
01-03-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by LAWNS AND MOWER
Sorry Tom I guess I was too lazy to do a search. I'll know better next time.

LAWNS AND MOWER nickname- searchless

LOL.....It's not Tom. It's Jodi...hence her name at the end of here posts (signature line)

Most of the nicknames we use can not be posted on this forum.:D

1MajorTom
01-03-2002, 05:43 PM
Quote: LOL.....It's not Tom. It's Jodi...hence her name at the end of here posts (signature line)

LOL, yeah I seem to get that a lot. Maybe I should just change my membership name. ;)

Nathan
01-03-2002, 05:59 PM
POOPY PANTS. He was an old guy that would come out every time we mowed to ***** about something. When he came out his pants were always unzipped and riding a little low. We got rid of him pretty quick.

odin
01-03-2002, 06:02 PM
One we call walter brennan because he a dead ringer for the actor.

One we call tree woman she got more oaks in a city lot than ive ever seen before ,so much shade the grass dont grow good at all

Planter
01-03-2002, 11:31 PM
We had "leaky pipe" because his last irrigation guy left him with a leak on the main into the booster pump. Every time he'd call after we fixed it he'd say, "This is Bill, you know, the one with the leaky pipe."

Then there was his wife....Kimberly.....very nice, we just called her Kimberly!!!!!:D

southside
01-04-2002, 05:07 AM
The Gimp. Enough said. :D

Lawn Dog2001
01-04-2002, 09:28 AM
Danish Cream- for a lady who insists we drink about a six pack of Danish Cream soda before we leave.

Chicken Lady- A lady who once bakked at me like a chicken.

I have some others but I cant think of them now.

edward hedrick
01-05-2002, 09:49 PM
coke lady- gives 2 icecold cokes when finished.
Power lines house under lines.
Ed

David Haggerty
01-06-2002, 07:42 AM
It's been a policy of mine, right after "don't steal from the customer." Nicknames can get too graphic too quick.

The town's too small, the accounts too big to risk it.

I've put in too many years developing my so called "professional image" to have it torn down by some accidentally thoughtless remark.

I don't cultivate nicknames, and they don't grow. Either at home or on the job.

But that's just me. I'd rather be called humorless than jobless.

Dave

Lawn Dog2001
01-06-2002, 11:28 AM
Thought of another interesting one we have.

We call this one property we call Onion Springs, because this old lady who lives there always insists on giving us glasses of water that tastes like Onion juice. I dont know if she has a pipe problem or what but the water even smells like onions.

Runner
01-06-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by LoneStarLawn

LOL.....It's not Tom. It's Jodi...hence her name at the end of here posts (signature line)

Most of the nicknames we use can not be posted on this forum.:D

Not to be too inquisitive or anything, so please don't take this the wrong way, but just out of curiosity....... Why isn't your husband ever on here? Is it lack of interest? Or, is he on half of the time, too, uder the same postings? I always wondered that.:D By the way, I hope you folks had a wonderful holiday season.

1MajorTom
01-06-2002, 03:08 PM
In reply to Runner:

Yes, we had a nice holiday. Hope you did too.

Just went in to the living room as Matt was watching the Steeler game. I said, "Hey someone on LS just asked about you."
His usual response when he doesn't believe me, "Yeah right."

Finally I get him to walk in to our computer/office room and he reads it and says, "Don't make this into a long post. Here is what you say." ---
"Matt's a worker, not a writer."

So there you go. Straight from the horses mouth. :laugh:

In all seriousness though, he will scan LS every once in awhile. He only is interested in equipment type posts though. And he likes looking at Stone's "creations."

Then when I see something posted that he will be interested in, I read it to him. We both find LS to be entertaining and do spend time talking about the members.

I feel we could much more helpful to members here especially on the repair forum because Matt is great with fixing things, but he always holds back. Heck, when I first found this site, Matt would not want me to respond to any post. But I finally stopped listening to him. ;)
So I definitely can understand how people can be lurkers. Not everyone likes to type including my husband. :)

Ray&Christine
01-06-2002, 03:55 PM
Big Ears, Big Eyes: Neighbours/Customers listening and watching everything we do.

Toothless fairy: Customer is missing front teeth.

Crazy lady: Neighbour who watches every grass blade and leaf doesn't go on her lawn from the customers lawn and yells and calls us names if it does.

James Bond: Customer who hides behind drapes and run from front to back of house depending on where we are working.

Mr.&Mrs.Razor

outrunjason
02-08-2002, 08:32 PM
I thought I was the only one that did that. I have simple names. Like the navy guy, Dick head, on with the hill, pit bull.

Jason in dallas