PDA

View Full Version : Fountain Question

mmacsek
06-15-2008, 02:55 PM
First, Let me say this is for my home and have no intention in doing water features for hire. I do lawn and landscape maint. and removed a fountain for a customer. It had been abandoned for a long time and overgrown with junipers. The bottom part is about 3 feet in diameter and the statue that sits onthe top is about 30" tall. I got the tube cleared that the water flows opened up. My question is where does the water go to supply the fountain and what do you call them? I know I will need some sort of pump and the water supply reservoir. Also Does the reservoir sit above or below the ground? I don't remember seeing one above the ground when I removed. Thanks for any help and direction. Matt

Az Gardener
06-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Sounds like you may be missing some parts or I am misunderstanding you. The bottom would be called the pool and should be about 2-3 times wider than the lowest bowl. So if your "bowl" is 3' wide you want your pool to be minimum 6' across to minimize the over splash from the fountain.

I am not sure if your 3' piece is a bowl, very shallow the water just flows over the edge, or a pool usually 6"-8" deep. If it is a pool there should be a cavity below the statue to house a pump. If it is a bowl you are missing a pedestal and a pool. The pedestal should have a cavity to house the pump.

Hope this is not too confusing good luck.

mmacsek
06-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Az, I believe I'm missing a part,the pedestal. The bottom piece is shallow so that would make it a pool. I will try and get some pictures and post. Give me a little time. Thanks for the quick reply. Matt