PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about leaves

STIHL GUY
06-15-2008, 10:20 PM
for leaves this fall would it work if i blew all the leaves out of the beds and into the yard and picked them up with my mower that has a 14 HP Kawi? would it work or shoud i buy a push leaf vac? Thanks for the help guys

wiselawns
06-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Can you get a bagging system for your ransome? I got one for my tiger cub and it works great for this application. i also use it to pick up shrub clippings that i blow out of beds after trimming.

STIHL GUY
06-15-2008, 10:29 PM
im not sure if i can get one but i wasnt sure if i should get a leaf vac or not. ill look into the bagger

STIHL GUY
06-15-2008, 10:36 PM
i looked into it and i can get a bagger for the ransome

redmax fan
06-15-2008, 10:57 PM
for leaves this fall would it work if i blew all the leaves out of the beds and into the yard and picked them up with my mower that has a 14 HP Kawi? would it work or shoud i buy a push leaf vac? Thanks for the help guys

if there isnt too many leaves , which would become a burden on the engine , i like blowing them out of beds then with open shoot keep passing over them to grind them smaller and propel them into one area / pile that i can then easily rake onto a tarp . we prefer to use an old back up mower for this so as not to strain the engines on our newer machines if we get into mowing up too dense a pile of leaves . then we do a final pass with bagger on to clean up most the leaf bits .

Green Finger
06-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Tarp and dump. if it's not too many

LuckhardtLawnService
06-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Depending if you only do a few leaf jobs a year, we bought a Billygoat leaf machine that we have made our dumpbed into a huge box with a cloth tarp over the sides and we just blow all the leaves in a pile, tarp them and then dump them behind the truck and we suck them all up with the Billy Goat leaf machine. But I do alot of leaf removals.. If you do alot and actually have somewhere to dump ur leaves this method works really good..

mowerbrad
06-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Have you looked at a trac-vac for your mower. I know that they have several models, and one of those should fit the ransome. This way you will at least have somewhat of a collection system on the mower.

Chris G
06-16-2008, 12:02 AM
if you could get a trac vac you would not have to worry to much about the strain on the engine as it has a separate motor for its impeller

kman8674
06-16-2008, 12:32 PM
i have walk behind mowers(toro) when i blow out the beds then try to bag them with my mower it doesnt look the best so i blow the whole lawn down picking up heavy as i go along. am i wasting to much time doing this?

Chris G
06-16-2008, 04:10 PM
i dont think you are wasting that much time, as long as you are using good blowers...but any equipment mounted vacuum will give your mower more suction and therefore it will look better when you are done. trac vacs are a good choice for this

Charles
06-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Next time, I am getting something mounted to the mower. Hard/time consuming to maneuver those tow behind baggers around medium and small yards. I guess you may need both if you also have large yards. Buy lots of duck tape for the pipes:rolleyes::laugh:

David Haggerty
06-16-2008, 06:30 PM
I like mulching leaves. Toro makes mulching kits for some of their mowers. It just makes them disappear.

You can't let them acumulate too much though. It's best to schedule the mulching for 3 to 4 times per season.
I figure I'm making more money than if I was raking-tarping-hauling-dumping the leaves on a one time basis.