PDA

View Full Version : billygoat leaf vac

STIHL GUY
06-15-2008, 11:14 PM
how much should i expect to spend on a new billy goat KV or MV leaf vac?

greenred
06-15-2008, 11:32 PM

I spent around 1200 bucks for a new one, but that was back around 2000. Mine was a medium size model. Our method of leaf cleanups generally went like this , mulch leaves with mowers as fine as possible, then blow to curb and use vacuum mounted on the trailer to load the truck. That way we could get more jobs done per truckload. We pretty much pulverized the leaves. If you are planing on simply blowing the leaves curve side then vacuuming I would suggest getting one of their larger more powerful models to deal with heavy wet leaves and minimize clogging of the suction tube.

Hope this helps.

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
06-16-2008, 10:26 AM

A KV will cost you (list) from $789 to $1439 depending on what engine you're wanting (Honda or B&S), self-propelled or push, and if you want a chipper of not.

An MV will cost you (list) from $1589 to $1889 depending if you want self-propelled or not. Honda is the only engine option and there's not chipping option.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

STIHL GUY
06-16-2008, 07:21 PM
thats it for questions for now thanks

greenred
06-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Oh dont I feel like a ass. I read your question and missed the KV and MV and thought you where talking about truck loaders. Sorry for the mistake. lol :rolleyes:

Nickos
06-16-2008, 07:46 PM
whats really the difference between the KV and MV

STIHL GUY
06-16-2008, 07:50 PM
i think the MV has a chipper and is more powerful but im not sure

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
06-18-2008, 10:37 AM
The MV is a top fill design, zipperless easy carry and dump bag, 3 forward speeds (SP only), adjustable chute, 14 inch wheels, Honda engine only, and a6 blade impeller 13.75 inches wide with a volute housing to create strong suction at a low noise level. The intake is 29 inches wide and it's our middle of the line unit. powerhttp://www.billygoat.com/site/intro.aspx?pid=60

The KV is a bottom fill design, zipperless easy empty bag, 1 forward speed (SP only), debris reducing "Razors" on a 5 blade 12.75 inch impeller with a non volute housing. It's a little louder and vacuuming isn't as strong as the MV but it's actually really close. You can get it with a Briggs or Honda engine and a version has a 2-inch chipper. The intake is 27 inches wide and it's our entry level unit but it's also our most popular.
http://www.billygoat.com/site/intro.aspx?pid=67

Both units have been designed to funnel the dust away from the end user.

Let me know if you have any other questions.