PDA

View Full Version : I thought it, this guy did it

shovelracer
06-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Years ago I had this idea that there was a market for this service. The idea sounded good, but never had time to really get a plan. I also would have offered light labor such as weeding and flower plantings. I guess the time has passed since I dont think my current clients would be having this. Sorry if its been done before, I found it when I was looking at another link here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iSlPYGFn1c

LushGreenLawn
06-15-2008, 10:35 PM
These things seem to pop up all the time, and OSHA is shutting them down as fast as they pop up.

Lawn-Sharks
06-16-2008, 10:36 AM
well...its a cool idea..but i wouldn't want to send my company into that direction. Its a fast unprofessional way to be ridiculed by competitors and the uptight feminist public chanting "womanizer" thats the kind of PR i dont want.

topsites
06-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I've learned it is best to stay under the radar lol
be coo' man, be cool

A lot less problems that way.

k911lowe
06-16-2008, 02:19 PM
These things seem to pop up all the time, and OSHA is shutting them down as fast as they pop up.

just another get rich scheme.tis ones at least nice to watch.i think the girls are under dressed;however,i have had women workers and they worked as hard and got more customers just being dressed.not an advertising gimmick but most sales are made by women homeowners and they are comfortable when they deal with a woman and you know the men are like dogs in heat.

lawnjocky
06-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Might be a little tricky working around ivy or sumac. :)

lifetree
06-16-2008, 08:06 PM
... they are comfortable when they deal with a woman and you know the men are like dogs in heat.

Talk about a sexist attitude !!

ALC-GregH
06-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Talk about a sexist attitude !!
but it's true for the most part.

I can't see it being a big seller if your dealing with 80 year old ladies that are already senile. It might even back-fire on you and you lose a customer.

shovelracer
06-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Actually my thoughts were more of the opposite of what that guy was doing. 98% of my dealings are with the women. Almost all are stay at home moms. When I started I was younger and a lot less hairy. Also being young and fresh in the game we would work shirtless in the summer. On many occasions I found the women who where maybe 30-35 at the time watching us. Now not so much. Back then I actually would get 5-10 women stop each summer and compliment us on our good looks, then watch some more and go on their way. Occasionally I would have a customer flirt and make somewhat unprofessional touches. Now I keep it professional and so do my customers, besides Im older and dont quite have that look anymore. My plan would have been to recruit chip and dales for light labor jobs.

MnDLawn
06-16-2008, 09:03 PM
That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I wonder how many perverts actually request it? I can see it now, 2 fat guys in lawn chairs, drinking beer and hoping that someone will bend over, just what I would want my kids to see, "Its OK Cody, they are just selling their body's legally". I have more business than I can handle, I do things 110%, I am honest and always get back to my customers ASAP. I don't have strippers mowing lawns.

asanders1016
06-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I guess it takes all kinds for the world to go round. Personally I think that a lawn care company can let the lawn do the talking not bikini's but that's just me. You guys have a good day.

jaybird24
06-18-2008, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't let that fly at my operation and neither would OSHA. That said I would hire them to mow my lawn in a heartbeat.

TPendagast
06-18-2008, 10:43 PM
we used to have about 3 or 4 women under 30 doing gardening services in a company iused to work, then another guy bought the company and decided he didnt want to provide health care because itwas too expensive. Alot of workers quit, including all the under 30 women.

Then you'd go onto a property and some old geez would walk out and say, where are all the pretty girls?
"oh they don't work here any more"
next week the customer canceled.

Must have happened at least 10 times.
these girls wore T-shirts and jeans like the rest of us.

Soto some people I guess itdoes matter

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-19-2008, 12:51 AM
I wouldn't let that fly at my operation and neither would OSHA. That said I would hire them to mow my lawn in a heartbeat.

My thoughts exactly!! Haha. :cool2:

justgreen
07-28-2008, 09:41 PM
how in the hell do these girls trim in bikinis?? I tear my shins up wearing high boots and shorts??!!!

Ooomwizard
07-28-2008, 11:24 PM
All ya need is a couple of hotties and all is well.

Gawd, I'd love to hire a few babes. Would make work a lot more interesting.

Sweat baby, sweat....

heather lawn sp
07-29-2008, 01:04 AM
I showed the youtube to my 22 year old daughter ( chief mower pilot on the John Deere 997 since 2005) she couldn't figure out how they do trimming with out pinging themselves in the legs all the time

Picture Perfect Landscape
07-29-2008, 01:53 PM
haha... this is in my city. I remember seeing it on the news a while back but its pretty old. I don't know if that company is even still in business. I have never seen them.

Dean of Green
07-29-2008, 02:20 PM
I was wondering about the string trimming as well. If you notice in the video there is a guy in the background doing just that. Bikinis and bloody legs don't go well together.
Yes, I could see OSHA shutting this down.

Impressions Landscaping
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
That really can't set out a positive image for the business, but anyways, I assume the girls just mow and blow (no pun intended) and I assume someone else trims, just for the reason that they would tear up their shins.

Guzman Properties
07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Who says it's not a good idea?

I would run it differently, I would only do it for special occasions, Retirement Party (wife buys it for her husband, last time someone else is going to be cutting the lawn), Birthday's 30, 40, 50, (wife buys it for her husband, "just for his birthday", Graduation from HS (son is graduating HS and is off to College, dad to son, "I'll cut it this last time for you!" ,the opportunities are endless. Who cares if costs more, it's for looks, you set it up with the customer, "we'll really cut it the day prior, or after your party" they will PAY!!!!

The glass is not half full.......

MileHigh
07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Im gonna do this too!!

With fat chicks!

My biz will soar..

mikewhit1010
07-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Anyone notice that they are not running commercial mowers.

Also I think its a great idea but you need a less creapy old man running it.

Green Team Landscaping
07-29-2008, 07:19 PM
I already do this, except in a man-thong. Its seeming to pay off.....lol jk