PDA

View Full Version : Need Bad Boy Mower deck info

MJB
06-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Can someone with a lightning series 60" Bad Boy go out and measure the height of the deck at the back and then at the front. Is the deck tapered or not? I'm hoping it is more like the Exmark Ultracut deck.

Also does anyone know if the Exmark mulching blades fit the Bad Boy. I'm talking about the wavy blades. Thanks !

Turf Gnome
06-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Nope it's not tapered, I don't have a lightning, but have an ASOD w/ 60" and it's not a ramped deck. The blades on it are awesome out of the box. I run them on most of my lawns which are cool season grasses, KBB & Tall Fescue or Ryegrass. Oh and crab! You'll love the bad boy. I'm anal with my stuff and wanted the best 12k could buy and wound up with the ASOD 35 Hp w/ 60" deck. I have no buyers remorse, which is rare! :)

MJB
06-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Nope it's not tapered, I don't have a lightning, but have an ASOD w/ 60" and it's not a ramped deck. The blades on it are awesome out of the box. I run them on most of my lawns which are cool season grasses, KBB & Tall Fescue or Ryegrass. Oh and crab! You'll love the bad boy. I'm anal with my stuff and wanted the best 12k could buy and wound up with the ASOD 35 Hp w/ 60" deck. I have no buyers remorse, which is rare! :)
Thanks for the post. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.:laugh: Now if a dealer was within 200 miles I'd get excited. So the deck is the same depth in the front as in the back? Can you take any pics on one of your better lawns to see how it stripes naturally. I would add the roller probably.
Thanks.