PDA

View Full Version : leaves

Ross's Lawn Service
06-16-2008, 12:00 AM
A bunch of my accounts are going to want me to remove the leaves from there properties this winter. What is the best way to do this? rake and tarp? Do they sell a leaf remover? any help would be appreciated!!!
thanks

Raven386
06-16-2008, 12:10 AM
do a search..... there is a lot of different techniques and ways to do leaf removal. Its also dependent on your equipment. they sell truck loaders, but unless you have a way to get them out of the bed of your truck, that wont do any good. mulching then bagging with the mower works well in some places.

what equipment do you currently have? and how big are these accounts?

nosparkplugs
06-16-2008, 12:15 AM
A bunch of my accounts are going to want me to remove the leaves from there properties this winter. What is the best way to do this? rake and tarp? Do they sell a leaf remover? any help would be appreciated!!!
thanks

what type of equipment are you currently using; because I would think raking & tarp would be labor intensive

Gardens55
06-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Might take you a while with a rake. How about a leaf blower?

larryinalabama
06-16-2008, 06:59 AM
The best way is too remove all you can on a weekly baisis so you keep your accounts going year round if at all possible

Dunlaps LawnCare
06-16-2008, 10:25 AM
leaf blower

Ross's Lawn Service
06-16-2008, 10:31 AM
I have a backpack blower. What do you do just blow the leaves on tarp? thanks for the tarp? thankss

ALC-GregH
06-16-2008, 10:45 AM
The blower is a small portion of what you need. I'm preparing myself to do leaf clean-up this fall. I have a Tiger Cub with 16 bushel bagger, a leaf vac/blower, rakes and other small tools. I also have a place within a mile that I can dump them for $5 a load! All I need to do is line them up :)

F.S Lawn Care
06-16-2008, 12:35 PM
I blow all of the leaves into a pile and yes, I use a tarp to throw into the trailer. I built gates on the trailer so it can hold about 5 times as much as without gates. If I was ever doing a ton of jobs I'd invest in one of those things that can suck it up and shred it into your bed. I only did about 15 or so jobs last fall and a few this spring so it would have been pointless. It's pretty easy work.Go over it all afterwards with a mower and bag everything to make it look nice.

EWIRedMaxRep
06-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Check out www.giant-vac.com Many of the hitch mount loaders will swing away to allow removal from the truck bed and some allow the inlet to be swiveled around so you use the suction hose to unload the truck. There is even self contained 5 and 10 yard models available. Most of the models can achieve 12:1 reduction in dry conditions. I have even heard of cutters buying a unit and contracting with other cutters to pick up and dispose of leaves. The Cutters blow the leaves curbside at a scheduled time and the contractor comes by vacs them up and charges by the curb foot. Can help defray the cost of a unit, fuel etc...

petekief
06-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I recomend the low tech (green) approach. You will need two rakes a helper, lots of 8 x 10 tarps, and extended sides on your trailer. Rake the leaves into medium sized piles, then rake two or three piles onto a tarp. Drag the tarp onto the trailer, and leave it. To unload just pull the tarps off in the reverse order they were loaded.

Or you could buy a walk behind blower, $800, I assume you have a backpack or you would need one of them too, $500, and a leaf loader, minimum $1500, and an old dump truck, $8,000, and do it right.

My stuff was paid for by the first customer.

jkason
06-17-2008, 09:44 AM
DR has a tow-behind leaf vac (premier models) that attatch to the back of a zero-turn. (Swivel casters underneath follow the turn of the ZTR.)
They carry 245 gallons (30.625 bushels) of 10:1 reduced leaves.

Check out the solid-axle model here: http://www.drpower.com/TwoStepChapterHTMLPage.aspx?Name=LeafLawnVacDual2Step&Chap=LLVMicroSite&Page=LLVFlashHowWorks

Dunlaps LawnCare
06-19-2008, 10:19 AM
ether blow them in the woods or to the curb for the city to pick up