PDA

View Full Version : Please Read (re: EricELM)

thelawnguy
01-03-2002, 05:16 PM
(Copied from another forum)

Eric Needs Your Prayers
Eric had a heart attack last night and had to be taken to the hospital. He is in critical condition. This is very serious and He needs everyones prayers. His wife asked for everyones prayers in this time of need. Please contact me if you have any questions/concerns.

Thank You

http://www.archerlawncare.com

(end of copied message)

mdb landscaping
01-03-2002, 06:08 PM
thats too bad. my prayers are with you. if you ever read this eric, get well, and maybe let somebody else use the choppers till you get better.

Administrator
01-03-2002, 06:13 PM
OMG, I just heard this! I can't even gather my thought right now... Im praying as I type, I hope to God Eric is OK. Let me gather my feelings and emotions please.

Chuck

Sean Adams
01-03-2002, 06:14 PM
My prayers are with him and his family.

Sean Adams

gogetter
01-03-2002, 07:29 PM
Whoa! I'm not the praying type, but my thoughts sure are with him!.
I hope everything works out ok.
Since I don't go to that site, someone please keep us posted.

Mowingman
01-03-2002, 07:44 PM
We will be praying for Eric and his family.

Mark
01-03-2002, 08:08 PM
Im so very sorry to hear this, my family and Calvary Missionary Baptist Church Family will be praying for you and your Family Eric. God Bless. Marks Mowing Service

CLARKE
01-03-2002, 08:59 PM
OUR PRAYERS GO'S OUT TO YOU AND CHARLOTTE.:angel:

dmk395
01-03-2002, 09:00 PM
God bless him

wildbilly1113
01-03-2002, 09:27 PM
Our Prayers are with Eric and Family.God watch over him.

Charles
01-03-2002, 09:29 PM
This is just terrible. I hope to God he gets better. Docs can do alot with heart attack victims these days. What a shock...

KirbysLawn
01-03-2002, 10:11 PM
If you are interested in sending Eric a card (no flowers) this is the hospital address, please no phone calls to the hospital, Eric cannot receive them:

Sherman Hospital
C/O Eric Erickson - Cardiac Care Unit
934 Center Street
Elgin, IL 60120

Rooster
01-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the info.

roscioli
01-03-2002, 10:24 PM
Oh man, this is my first time back to lawnsite in a while, what a terrible thing to read on my first visit back. My prayers are with Eric and his family.

bob
01-03-2002, 10:38 PM
Eric, We're all praying for you!

gusbuster
01-03-2002, 10:45 PM
My prayers go out to Eric and family.
John

plow kid
01-03-2002, 10:51 PM
I talked to him yesterday:confused: :confused:..............................................................I am just speachless....................................Let me know if you need a hand, I am only a few hours away................................................................................................ .........................:( :(

fivestarlawnken
01-03-2002, 10:52 PM
we will be thinking about ya eric.Please get better.

vipermanz
01-04-2002, 02:15 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Eric and all his family:)

Lazer Man
01-04-2002, 04:03 AM
So Sorry to hear the news. You are in our Prayers Eric. Just think thoughts of Nice green STRIPED lawns in your head , for you that should be very relaxing. Hope you get well soon. :angel: :angel:

Bob

Mowman
01-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Get Well Soon Eric. My prayers go out to you and your family. I'm sure you we'll be in FINE shape when April rolls around. One thing he doesn't have to worry about is I don't think they've had much snow to speak of. One less thing that he would need to worry about.

Get Well Soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care,
Steve
AKA Mowman

Atlantic Lawn
01-04-2002, 08:25 AM
Our Prayers and Hopes are with you always.I Hope we can all take a moment and reflect on this and be a bit Kinder to each other.Life is such a Fragile thing.

earthandturf
01-04-2002, 11:19 AM
My prayers go out to you and your family. Hang in there Eric and draw upon the strength and prayers of the thousands of Lawnsite members who are pulling for you.

Fine Lines Lawn
01-04-2002, 12:41 PM
I just spoke with Charlotte, and will be calling her daily to check on her and Eric.

Charlotte is extremely touched by all the prayers and well wishes coming their way. She appreciates all of the support that they are getting from both forums. She has not been on the computer to read messages, but she knows that they're there and is anxious for her and Eric to read them.

Eric seems to be more stable today. They are still running tests while they keep him under to assess any possible damage. They are keeping him under because his condition has him unaware of what's going on and he's unconciously combative with all tubes and wires. Things are looking positive, and that is due largely to Eric's strength, and all of the prayers.

I will keep everyone posted, and thanks again for all of the prayers and well wishes.

lawnworker
01-04-2002, 01:22 PM
We to are praying for eric and his family .when i read the post on the other forum I and my young daughter both prayed for eric.Eric has worked very hard to help others to gain knowledge about lawn care.Get well soon for spring .All things are possable to those that beleave.

Lawnworker

CSRA Landscaping
01-04-2002, 03:03 PM
My family and I have been praying for him. Eric has touched so many lives in such a positive way ... get well soon!

kris
01-04-2002, 06:07 PM
I too, wish Eric and his family a speedy recovery.

Guardian
01-04-2002, 06:49 PM
Though I am not extremely active on this site, Eric is always a familiar name and I look foward to see what he has to say. My crew starts each day with prayer - so Eric, we will pray for you every day. God Bless You,
Steve

jnjnlc
01-04-2002, 07:48 PM
I really hate to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Eric and his family.

Shack
01-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Eric, please get well soon. I will pray for you and your family. We all here at LS have enjoyed your help and advise. We are all pulling for you. Gob bless.

hubb
01-04-2002, 10:29 PM
:angel:
Our prayers are with you man. God bless and get well.

To the other guys on here; Is any one out there taking donations ?

Robert Doubrava
01-04-2002, 11:47 PM
May the Lord be with Eric and his family in their time of need. Get well soon, Eric!:) :)

Runner
01-05-2002, 05:29 PM
It just seems so surreal. My computer has been down since way before Christmas, and I'm just now back on. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Please take care of yourself, and if thre is ANYTHING we can do to help in ANY way, please, don't hesitate to let me know. God bless, and take care, and we know you're going to pull through this even stronger than ever.

stslawncare
01-05-2002, 06:23 PM
whats the latest?

wesLESCO48
01-05-2002, 07:20 PM
I hope you make a speedy recovery. My family will be praying for you and yours.

Nelson
01-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Eric & Family,

Fairly new here, but I wish you a speedy recovery. I wish
you & your family God's speed.........:angel:

Flex-Deck
01-05-2002, 08:42 PM
Get well soon Eric - you have touched many people and our prayers are with you.

southside
01-06-2002, 07:26 AM
My thoughts go out to Eric and his Family. Get well soon.

V.H. lass
01-06-2002, 08:35 AM
My prays goes out to Eric and his family at this difficult time in their life. Get well soon!

Rooster
01-06-2002, 04:17 PM
Update 1-06-02

Paul (Nelsongroup) went to the hospital today to deliver all the e-mail well wishes and sentiments from Lawn Forum to Charlotte and Eric. His Family was very touched by the outpouring of regards from all of us and thanked us for thinking so much of ERIC. An investment in Kleenex is timely. He met his wife and daughter-in-law. They have been there round the clock and were tired but uplifted by his great improvement. When he got there Eric was coming out of the drugs they used to keep him out. Paul didnít get to speak with him. His condition is improving with every day. They now are saying that in two weeks they will be able to remove the second blockage.

Turfcouncil
01-06-2002, 07:35 PM
sorry to hear that happen to anybody.
Hope he is feeling better soon.
Don't know him but all the same...get well.

whitleys
01-06-2002, 09:07 PM
:( So sorry to hear about Eric. We are wishing him well and praying for him. What a tremendous asset to this forum!

walker-talker
01-07-2002, 09:35 AM
Good luck Eric....I will remember you in my prayers.

MATT

Scape Sculptor
01-07-2002, 10:02 AM
Good luck Eric...Gell well.

Hoosier Mower
01-07-2002, 12:41 PM
It's been a few weeks since I've been able to check out LawnSite due to all of the holidays and some of my own personal problems but I'mm very shocked and sad to hear about Eric. I want you too know Eric that your in mine and Jenny's prayers and just remember it won't be long buddy before your back out there showing the lawn care world how to make those perfect stripes again on those Choppers!! Hang in there buddy, everyone here at Moyer Lawn Care and this great site are thinking of you and your familey.

GrassChopper
01-07-2002, 10:21 PM
Get well Eric. We are all thinking and praying for you!

customcut
01-08-2002, 08:25 PM
:angel: May God be with you and your family. i dont post alot but you have been very informative i have read alot of your posts and can tell your a professional. That means alot to me because Good guys are hard to find. i didnt see this post till today ....for who knows why but i want to wish you a speedy recovery Eric and to just say Thank you .......Kenny

MLS
01-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Our prayers are with you. Good Luck.

rats5656
01-09-2002, 03:19 PM
hope you get better buddy real soon .
+dave

scottlawns
01-09-2002, 10:30 PM
just wanna say your in my prayers and hope you come back on soon

lawnmark
01-11-2002, 01:55 AM
I truly can't even begin, I have been following what everyone has been expressing on this page for about a week now. I finally have decided to log in and, the first thing that I see is that Eric has had a heart attack. As I sit here in Orlando, I can't tell everyone how much that affects me. I, like everyone else that frequents this place, has read post after post, searching for a better way to do things. And I don't think that anyone has an arguement with me saying that Eric will tell you how he thinks and truly will tell you what he believes to be the truth. Everyone here including me can learn something from him, and I hope he is not too long in recovering from this, as he will be sorely missed, until he returns. God Be with you, you are in my and my families prayers.

vipermanz
01-11-2002, 04:29 AM
does anybody have an update on the dbd (double blade dude)???????:)

jrblawncare
01-11-2002, 01:00 PM
I have not been on the site since before the holidays....this is sad news...hope things are going better now!!!!Eric is such a great asset to this site....always willing to help myself and others...GET WELL SOON!!

stslawncare
01-11-2002, 02:59 PM
has anyone talked to him or his wife or family or visited him or anything?

cclllc
01-11-2002, 06:26 PM
Someone please get an update.We are all very concerned.

Lanelle
01-11-2002, 11:29 PM
This update was posted by paul elsewhere:

NEWS FLASH 1/11/02 Eric update!!!!
Eric has been transfered to a regular room. New room # 233 bed 1. Today He took his first few steps around the hospital, things are looking good but he still has a ways to go. The Doctors are letting him have his Laptop but no he will not be able to go online for some time yet. His Wife thanks everyone for the notes and cards. I have been printing them out as they come in and giving them to him every time I see him. One more thing he now can get flowers!

And if someone could smuggle in a DSL line that would really make him happy!!

Robert Doubrava
01-11-2002, 11:53 PM
Good to hear that he's doing better.:) :) :) :)

vipermanz
01-12-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Lanelle

And if someone could smuggle in a DSL line that would really make him happy!!

some hospitals have i-eee 1394(firewire) ports or ethernet ports in the room, I'm sooooooo Glad to here that he is doing better, He is so nice, i hate to see someone as devoted to the industry as him sidelined.:)

Lockeman
01-12-2002, 08:54 AM
Although I've been w/ the site since the days of HOF, I can still count my posts on one hand (big reader, poor poster), but I felt compelled to post here. I was very upset to hear of Eric's hospitalization. To me, he's the embodiment of Lawnsite itself, and I've learned much from him. Who thinks of this site without thinking of Eric?

Please get well, Eric. God bless you.

Dave

TCO
01-13-2002, 12:49 PM
Eric I am very sorry to hear of your heart attack. I hope feeling better soon! I always enjoy reading your post, and found them to be very helpful. hurry back, we need you!

Rooster
01-15-2002, 07:55 AM
From JayALC:

Update 1-14-02

I (Jay ALC) just was able to personally talk to Eric for the first time since his heart attack. This is definately an immediate sign that he is doing much better. He has been given the OK to go home by his heart doctor, but he is still in the hospital due to the pneumonia which they are trying to get rid of. He has now been able to walk a little more and move around even though he is very sore from being in bed all this time. He should be able to go home within a week so long as everything continues to progress.

Eric is very appreciative of all the cards and kind gestures people have shown over the last few weeks. He is looking forward to being able to see this site again.

We will keep everyone posted, and thanks again for all of the prayers and well wishes.

southcut
01-15-2002, 09:52 AM
Eric, May God bless you. Get well soon.

vipermanz
01-16-2002, 03:11 AM
is it too late to send a card?

Rooster
01-16-2002, 06:50 PM
From JayALC:

Update 1-16-02

Eric will now have to stay in the hospital a while longer in order to continue fighting the pneumonia. He has been moved back to ICU for monitoring of his breathing and blood pressure due to the pneumonia.

We will keep everyone posted, and thanks again for all of the prayers and well wishes.

Kroppy
01-17-2002, 12:09 AM
Dear Eric,

With prayers and hope for a speedy recovery.

kroppy

Magna-Matic
01-20-2002, 10:48 PM
Get well soon Eric, we are all thinking of you here in cold Wisconsin.

Lawn-Scapes
01-21-2002, 09:18 PM
I hope all is okay and praying for you and your family.

God Bless

David Gretzmier
01-22-2002, 09:42 PM
sheesh- I just logged in after a big break- Sorry ERIC! I had a heart scare earlier this year, had to get my cholesterol down. my prayers are with you on your recovery. Dave Gretzmier

Robert Doubrava
01-23-2002, 05:33 PM
How's Eric 'doin now? Any updates?:) :) Get well soon, buddy!:) :)

richard coffman
01-23-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm so speechless, my prayers go out to Eric tonight and his family. please keep us informed on his condition, :angel:

Richard Coffman/owner
Special Needs Lawn Services

Bassman
01-25-2002, 10:25 AM
I cannot begin to convey how much help I received because of Eric's posts to my many questions when I was getting started.
I'm thinking of you guy and pray the good LORD will restore you to perfect health in the very near future.

Administrator
01-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Im gonna unstick this thread now and leave the updated one about his recovery being at home.

Chuck