PDA

View Full Version : Fence builders

LawnVet
06-16-2008, 09:18 AM
So my crew and I finally finished up a repair the other day that just pissed me off on behalf of my wonderful customers.

1. Irrigation install issue - NO valve box- just sodded right over the valves, a second company put in a round water shutoff box in over the wiring but left the valves covered (no grease caps either).

2. Customer had a fence built last fall. Nice looking fence but my opinion of the company dropped as soon as I saw all of their post holes still open and all of the soil left on the rest of the grass in piles.

2a. Turned the system on to find an entire zone was not working - maybe the install company skipped zone 1... not quite. One post went through the line. Couldn't find the sprinkler heads so patched that and turned the system on again to find two of the heads were on the other side of the fence and that the zone labeled "right rear cans" meant 2 on the right, 1 in the back and 1 on the left side.

2b. A second line was completely built over top - the fence company built the fence on the irrigation line - put like 4 posts through the line.

2c. A picket was placed on top of a sprinkler head...directly on top, resting on the sprinkler head!!!! What fricken moron has the nads to be such a blatant a$$hole.

If these customers were jerks I'd understand but they are the nicest customers I've dealt with in a long time. I'd like to slap their bill on these 3 irresponsible "professional companies".

DanaMac
06-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Happens more than you know..................

Mike Leary
06-16-2008, 09:44 AM

At any given time, all over the country, there is some d.s. wrecking our stuff.

jimmyburg
06-16-2008, 02:32 PM
but did you enjoy writing the invoice $$$$

k911lowe
06-16-2008, 02:40 PM

especially to nice people and most of the time they will do nothing about it with the installers

Without A Drought
06-16-2008, 07:02 PM
sounds like a typical day.

pg

Kiril
06-17-2008, 12:28 AM
WTF are irrigation lines doing right on a fence line? Give some room for fence work to be done without damaging the irrigation lines.

DanaMac
06-17-2008, 03:42 AM
WTF are irrigation lines doing right on a fence line? Give some room for fence work to be done without damaging the irrigation lines.

In a perfect world....... nobody would go hungry, violence would end, and all sprinkler systems would be installed properly. :)

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-17-2008, 06:07 AM
Is anybody else weirded out by LawnVet and Dirty Water using the same avatar? For a second I thought DW was back into irrigation work.

SC Irrigator
06-17-2008, 06:10 AM
ive ran into that problem a few to many times.....the customers always like the bill though lol.....i did one not to long ago that there where 3 lines in the ditch and at every post in the backyard they hit all the lines.....i think there where around 9 or 10 post total that hit pipe.....

AI Inc
06-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Is anybody else weirded out by LawnVet and Dirty Water using the same avatar? For a second I thought DW was back into irrigation work.

Got me with it too.

LawnVet
06-17-2008, 06:25 AM

Wish that were the case. The only irr line destroyed on the fence line was one that fed a head that was on the line (which happened to end up on the neighbor's side of the fence. That was the first one they punched through...I could understand that one. The other line was feeding out from the house to the fence line....and on the other side of the house the same story where the picket was placed flush on the head. They came danger close to hitting all four lines feeding the back.

LawnVet
06-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Got me with it too.

We're just that creepy I suppose!

WalkGood
06-17-2008, 07:58 AM
I recall fixing lines after a fence install.... double gate was placed where 2 poly lines ran thru perpendicular. One inch galv pipes were driven into the ground to receive drop-rods for gates....... right through the poly lines. Could not have aimed any more accurately.
Wish I had pics.