PDA

View Full Version : I need a new weedwhacker. Tanaka ??????

TheBigGW
06-16-2008, 12:41 PM
I was thinking on going with a Tanaka. I was wondering what people thought of them and any other line of weedwhackers thanks

MCLC
06-16-2008, 12:45 PM
I checked on the Tanaka site and they do not list or sell "weedwhackers".

ProStreetCamaro
06-16-2008, 12:48 PM
If you have a dealer close then tanaka should be fine. We run echo equipment with good success. We have 2 SRM-230 trimmers and 1 is 5 years old and the other 3 years old with no issues. We just ordered a new PAS-265 that will be here wednesday.

TheBigGW
06-16-2008, 12:52 PM

Excuse me for useing the wrong WORD...my mistake the Tanaka String Trimmer Is that better I think that everyone understood what it was that i was looking for but thanks for your 2cents it is appreciated.

TheBigGW
06-16-2008, 12:52 PM
If you have a dealer close then tanaka should be fine. We run echo equipment with good success. We have 2 SRM-230 trimmers and 1 is 5 years old and the other 3 years old with no issues. We just ordered a new PAS-265 that will be here wednesday.

thanks for the info

Carolina Cuts
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM

never did understand the term 'weedwhacker'... well, I understood it, but it sounds funny.

to me it was and has always been a 'trimmer', but weedwhacker makes sense too.... hahahah

love seeing it on flyers....

"Mowing, edging, weedwhacking, and blowing...":laugh::laugh::cool2:

btw....

Stihl....
I beat the ever living sh*t outta mine.... rain, sun, throw em', kick em'....high weeds, low weeds..... suckers still run like new.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
06-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Weedwhacker....hmmm, similar in nature to a bushwhacker?

lawns Etc
06-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Takaka has been very good to me the 2501 is awesome and the head is the best that i have used

jim163
06-16-2008, 05:14 PM
either get a redmax, or just save your money and get the ryobi.

MCLC
06-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Excuse me for useing the wrong WORD...my mistake the Tanaka String Trimmer Is that better I think that everyone understood what it was that i was looking for but thanks for your 2cents it is appreciated.

Forgot the :rolleyes:

Anyway, I use a Shindaiwa 242 and really like it with the Shindaiwa Speed-Feed head, but I am thinking to switch to Stihl trimmer, maybe the 110 when the time comes to replace and get a Shindaiwa Speed-Feed head for it, same with the rest of the hand helds, mainly because of the Stihl dealer, the Shindaiwa dealer I use has been really under stock this year and that makes me a little nervous.
No Tanaka dealers around where I am, so there, at the end of the day you may want to look at what is available in your area and how important dealer support is to you. That makes it .04C

Good luck.

MileHigh
06-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Go shindaiwa T242 with speed feed head.

Most importantly, go commercial quality with a SPEED FEED head.

naturescape
06-17-2008, 12:24 AM
If the speed feed head is so important, you can put 'em on almost any trimmer. The Tanaka is the best trimmer out there that I know of. I've had Stihl (for about 2 hours LOL), Kawasaki, Shindaiwa, and Echo trimmers, (won't buy a Redmax as the throttles are so flimsy on the showroom floor) so I AM able to compare.

The Tanaka 255PF is incredible if you need power, if you don't need that much power, the 230 is great -- that is the trimmer I usually run. 10.2 lbs WITH the guard and head, and VERY well balanced/smooth.

TheBigGW
06-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the input i was thinking that i would go with the 230 tanaka. Dont need super power just need a second machine.... AND i dont want Husky no more....thanks for all your inputs

naturescape
06-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Let us know how you like it!