PDA

View Full Version : 2042LS Husqvarna Lawn Tractor

KLIEBERT
06-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Need help with uneven cut on this NEW lawn tractor, I have attempted several times to level the blades with no success, I 've done this many times before on my old Scotts lawn tractor with great results, but for some reason I cannot get this machine to cut right. any suggestiond would be deeply appreciated, Thanks.....KLiebert:

doubleedge
06-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Could you take some pictures or describe in more detail please?

JimQ
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
The 42" stampped deck on that mower is generally a pretty good cutting deck.

If, with adjustment, you are unable to level the deck, get ahold of your dealer. There's probably something wrong. It's not normaly a tricky setup to adjust

Other than that, all I can suggest are the basics....

Make sure the deck is level from side to side.

Make sure the deck has about 1/4" pitch. The blade tip should be 1/4" lower in the front than in the rear.

Make sure the blades are installed properly, not upside down.

Good luck. I'm sorry I don't have any better suggestions for you.

Q

KLIEBERT
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
It seems that one side or one blade is cutting lower than the other one, it leaves a white streak ( about 10" wide ) on one side of the mower, I also noticed on the mowing deck is that the left blade is about 4-6" off set from the right blade......Kliebert

KLIEBERT
06-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks for all the advise, I have tried all the things you mentioned except for the dealer, On the driveway the blades are level, the tires are inflated correctly , the anti scalping wheels are correct but it will not cut level, I have been at this for 3-weeks now with no success, This is a well built & solid machine, If only it would cut even.......Kliebert