PDA

View Full Version : Gator Mulcher hd blade????

huntw11871
06-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I was looking at getting a set of blades from Express Mower Parts.com. They have a set of blades Part # 29-517EL . They say they are like the t4 mulchers. They are high lift gator mulcher hd blades. Has anybody ran this blade and if so what do you think. I have never got a h-lift gator that was not off set to get the h-lift in it. Take a look and tell me what you guys think about the blade. Or if you run a blade like that in h-lift gator that is straight with no off set of the blade. Thanks for the help..

http://www.expressmowerparts.com/Blade_Size_s/279.htm

naturescape
06-17-2008, 01:28 AM
I bought 3 sets of Hi-Lift Gator blades. Best blades I've EVER used, overall. Am able to cut lush fairly wet turf with em, and the lawns come out looking great -- I have never been able to do that before with any other mulch blade or mulch kit. Can't wait to try these in Fall as I usually run a mulch kit at that time of year, I think this year I'll just be able to double cut with the HL Gators with great results -- if what I've seen so far is any indication.

huntw11871
06-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Hey Naturescape are the blades off set or are they straight. Thanks for your help

mowerbrad
06-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I just bought my gator blades at the start of the season. They are the best blades I have had on my mower yet, especially when there are leaves on the ground. It really compacts and cuts the clippings small when I bag. When I don't bag I don't notice any clipping sitting on the yard. Overall a very good blade.

STIHL GUY
06-18-2008, 10:52 PM
they are good blades. i have them on my Bobcat

huntw11871
06-19-2008, 10:02 PM
My blades came in today. I hope they are going to do a good job. Thanks for the info on the blades.

naturescape
06-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey Naturescape are the blades off set or are they straight. Thanks for your help

Straight/flat. Just like the old Gator blades except the teeth are more pronounced and have more lift to them.

huntw11871
06-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I gave the blades a work out and they are doing really well. They are cutting the stiff weeds and the turf just like I want. Thanks guys for all the info it made for a good purchase and a good cut.