PDA

View Full Version : 120v Path Lights

Chris J
06-16-2008, 07:28 PM
I've got a customer with a very long driveway with pagoda style path lights down both sides. He's selling his house, and wants to replace these as economically as possible. He wants to keep it line voltage and just replace the fixture heads, but he doesn't like anything I have shown him in 120v. He likes the standard style path lights that are 20" to 24" tall (like the low voltage variety and the Kichler 15443). I tried to talk him out of it, but he wants what he wants. Anybody got any suggestions for a 120v decorative path light to show this client?
And before you say it, I don't want to do this install in low voltage. Not only is his driveway lined with path lights, it is also lined with 200 year old oak trees and massive roots. The cost for me to re-wire does not appeal to him or me.

JoeyD
06-16-2008, 07:41 PM
didnt like the idea of using the mini 75w transformers to convert the line voltage to low and use a low voltage path?

Chris J
06-16-2008, 08:28 PM
I put that idea in my back pocket for now Joey. I'm thinking that is just something else to buy and will raise the cost. I'm gonna see what's available, then weigh out the alternatives. Thank you for your response to my email. I'm holding on to it for now.

NiteTymeIlluminations
06-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Hanover Chris...60-80 usd, dont forget the stem...I have a guy up here that will getthem to you at a good cost...email or pm me

Chris J
06-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks Doug, I'll look into it and write you ASAP.

sprinkler guy
06-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Chris,

Vista and Hadco both offer a line of 120v pathlites. Not much style wise that I like, but if the Hanover doesn't do it for you, this is a few more to look at. Good luck.

Pro-Scapes
06-17-2008, 08:32 AM
I think I recall Hubble having some too. Unsure of exact styles and cost but might be worth a look.

S&MLL
06-18-2008, 02:01 AM
http://www.arroyo-craftsman.com/index.aspx

Little on the pricey side. But still around the same as hanover if compared to hadco or kichler type stuff. About a 6-8 week turn around time for the lv stuff, not sure if the line voltage is kept on hand. Also they will put any finish on any light if you request it

Chris J
06-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. The homeowner picked a fixture and we are all set.