PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy Mower at Tractor Supply Company?

KevinACrider
06-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Today while at TSC I saw a 60" 26HP Briggs BadBoy ZT Series mower with a $5000 price tag, brand new. Is this something new? I thought it was a good price tag just by looking at it but I know NOTHING about BadBoy mowers, there are no dealers around me.

Can anybody shed some light onto this deal?

mowerbrad
06-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I have seen a lot of BadBoy commercials on TV lately, so maybe TSC will start carrying them.

Supper Grassy
06-16-2008, 08:01 PM
My local TSC is carrying them as well

greenred
06-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Same here.

k911lowe
06-16-2008, 08:12 PM
i would never buy a mower with a motor that does not have an oil or fuel pump.

deere615
06-16-2008, 09:21 PM
I saw one at my TSC about 2 weeks ago

jkingrph
06-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Can you have it serviced at Tractor Supply, No? I'll stick with a real dealer.

KevinACrider
06-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Can you have it serviced at Tractor Supply, No? I'll stick with a real dealer.

I did not look but the manager did tell me specifically that, her store anyway, stocks all replacement parts that are all available from Bad Boy but you are correct, they will not service them. I generally work on my own equipment anyway though.

bohiaa
06-16-2008, 10:42 PM
I havent herd anything bad about a badboy mower.....

Just my 2 cents

TheOctagon
06-16-2008, 11:20 PM
that is the only model they will be carrying. They are now making the switch to a 27 hp kohler instead of the briggs also. The zt is the lowest model made by badboy but it is still a very well built machine.

KevinACrider
06-16-2008, 11:53 PM
For the $5000 price tag it looked like a very nice machine. Does BadBoy make baggers by chance?

tb8100
06-17-2008, 12:17 AM
For the $5000 price tag it looked like a very nice machine. Does BadBoy make baggers by chance?

No, they offer Peco baggers IIRC. Those and Acellerators. Nobody buys baggers in this area, so that's why I can't offer you a positive answer as to the brand. There are a couple of bagging solutions provided though. Check 'em out- www.badboymowers.com.

tb8100
06-17-2008, 12:19 AM
The ZT has been in TSC for a year now, so this is nothing new. It's done a great job of getting the name out there. We're a full line Bad Boy dealer and service many of the TSC stores in the area. However, we suggest buying from your local Bad Boy dealer so they can outfit you with the right mower, including models with the 23hp Vanguard (a much better fit for all you commercial cutters). Course, most folks that venture into a Bad Boy dealer end up with a larger Pup or Lightning, but the ZT has been a big hit among homeowners for sure. Even have a couple of commercial cutters running them. The ZT2800 transaxles are definitely proven on these machines.

tb8100
06-17-2008, 12:22 AM
I have seen a lot of BadBoy commercials on TV lately, so maybe TSC will start carrying them.

No, the 27hp/60" is the only model TSC will ever carry. Bad Boy understands that folks need a dealer to be sure to sell them the right machines, and offer the service after the sale to ensure the customer has a good experience with their machine. Box stores are notorious for being clueless after the sale when problems arise.

Illini_Fan
07-09-2008, 04:26 PM

There are two full line Bad Boy dealers in the Grand Rapids area. One in Sparta and one in Middleville.

Illini_Fan
07-09-2008, 04:28 PM
i would never buy a mower with a motor that does not have an oil or fuel pump.

All Bad Boys have both.

Illini_Fan
07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
I saw one at my TSC about 2 weeks ago There is a full line dealer in Evans City, just north of Pittsburgh.

Illini_Fan
07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Today while at TSC I saw a 60" 26HP Briggs BadBoy ZT Series mower with a $5000 price tag, brand new. Is this something new? I thought it was a good price tag just by looking at it but I know NOTHING about BadBoy mowers, there are no dealers around me.

Can anybody shed some light onto this deal?

We are working your area and have a couple of possibilities at this time. But, nothing locked in. Please check the website, periodically for updates. Thanks. www.badboymowers.com

KCfireman
07-09-2008, 05:35 PM
i would never buy a mower with a motor that does not have an oil or fuel pump.i would never buy a 60" ztr period for that low of a cost. Thats telling me that those mowers are Sh!t.

K/B
07-09-2008, 06:00 PM
i would never buy a 60" ztr period for that low of a cost. Thats telling me that those mowers are Sh!t.

Now talk about jumping to conclusions!

tb8100
07-09-2008, 06:05 PM
i would never buy a 60" ztr period for that low of a cost. Thats telling me that those mowers are Sh!t.

The width of cut really doesn't have an impact on quality or price. Why would you buy a 48", but not a 60" at that price point?

punt66
07-09-2008, 06:09 PM
The width of cut really doesn't have an impact on quality or price. Why would you buy a 48", but not a 60" at that price point?

nobody has mentioned how ugly the machine is. haha

KCfireman
07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
what was that thread you started called "Good bye to all"?????

tb8100
07-09-2008, 06:18 PM

They're not too pretty, but I'd rather have functionality than pretty. :weightlifter:

KCfireman
07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
They're not too pretty, but I'd rather have functionality than pretty. :weightlifter:i can agree with that.

punt66
07-09-2008, 06:23 PM
what was that thread you started called "Good bye to all"?????

yea that was my brother, im actually on his comp. He hates this site. Said everybody here are kids.

punt66
07-09-2008, 06:24 PM
and i see what he means

farmboy1285
07-09-2008, 06:26 PM

Your statement tells me that you enjoy pissing away money, lol. But seriously just because a mower has a cheap price tag doesnt make it a cheaply made machine, more than likely it means that the manufacturer is making less money than other companies or is loosing money. Just my 2 cents.

punt66
07-09-2008, 06:26 PM
He also was laughing when he told me the site deletes posts they dont like except for the teenage name callers.

KCfireman
07-09-2008, 06:28 PM
:dancing:yea that was my brother, im actually on his comp. He hates this site. Said everybody here are kids.ahh! i see.

Grass Happens
07-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Does any mfg make any v-twin w/o an oil filter/full pressure lube? as for no full pump, hell yea. if you can get away with gravity feed, go for it, less stuff to replace. Where are bad boys mfg'd?

SB Gary
07-09-2008, 10:04 PM

We are a servicing dealer for Bad Boy. We have 3 TSC stores in our service area. We think there were over 20 units sold last year through TSC. We have over 18 units out. We have replaced 1 final drive no engines, clutches,or spindles. Most of the service calls have been safety switches out of adjustment. These are a very dependable little mowers.

PerfectEarth
07-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Saw one of those ZT (I guess) mowers sitting outside of the door at TSC this past weekend. Sorry BB lovers, but it really looked like cheap junk...

mybowtie
07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
No cheaper then the other brands entry level homeowner units. Toros homeowner looks like itll bust in half if u hit a bump.
Just because a mower, or anything, says "professional" on it, dont mean they are. These are mainly HOMEOWNER UNITS. They are good machines for what they are made for...Will they last with commerical use....depends on the user.
.................:usflag::usflag:

KCfireman
07-09-2008, 11:59 PM
i agree with you all. I've never seen a Bad Boy mower here in KC and i hope i never do. At Blue Valley Tractor and Supply they are the second busiest dealer in america in terms of Wright sales. Last week they orderd 22 wrights and now their down to 3. Same with John Deere and Exmark and Scag. No BB here in KC!!!:)

MJB
07-10-2008, 12:06 AM

But you own an Encore !!:hammerhead::dizzy: Think before you speak.

KCfireman
07-10-2008, 12:08 AM
But you own an Encore !!:hammerhead::dizzy: Think before you speak.???????????????? There are plenty of Encore here in KC. In fact there are lots of them. But no BB!!!!

MJB
07-10-2008, 12:14 AM
???????????????? There are plenty of Encore here in KC. In fact there are lots of them. But no BB!!!!

I think Bad Boy will be everywhere in a another 6 months to a year. I don't have them here yet either but I think the competition would be good for business. Anytime a new brand that makes a quality mower comes into town, and does things a little better, it makes the other manufactures step up or drop out. So I see this as a good thing. If you watch the Bad Boy Factory videos it's entertaining as well as surprising when you see the factory. Very well built machines I have my eye on a Lightning model myself.

KCfireman
07-10-2008, 12:17 AM
I think Bad Boy will be everywhere in a another 6 months to a year. I don't have them here yet either but I think the competition would be good for business. Anytime a new brand that makes a quality mower comes into town, and does things a little better, it makes the other manufactures step up or drop out. So I see this as a good thing. If you watch the Bad Boy Factory videos it's entertaining as well as surprising when you see the factory. Very well built machines I have my eye on a Lightning model myself.
I guess it because im also a John Deere fan. Basically here in KC you have your 6 main mower mfg's: John Deere, Exmark, Scag, Toro, Wright and Hustler.

MJB
07-10-2008, 12:26 AM
I guess it because im also a John Deere fan. Basically here in KC you have your 6 main mower mfg's: John Deere, Exmark, Scag, Toro, Wright and Hustler.

I'm an Exmark, Scag, and Wright fan, John Deere was close but they came out with the 800 series as I was getting ready to buy, then the problems came up, so I ran from there and got another Exmark. I wish Wright were closer sounds like your just a bit spoiled. Hustlers are pretty bad mowers imo !

KCfireman
07-10-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm an Exmark, Scag, and Wright fan, John Deere was close but they came out with the 800 series as I was getting ready to buy, then the problems came up, so I ran from there and got another Exmark. I wish Wright were closer sounds like your just a bit spoiled. Hustlers are pretty bad mowers imo !
When BB moves into the KC area it will be tough for them to keep with the big boys already here. Im looking at the 757. It looks like one hell of a machine.

Happy Frog
07-10-2008, 12:34 AM
i agree with you all. I've never seen a Bad Boy mower here in KC and i hope i never do. At Blue Valley Tractor and Supply they are the second busiest dealer in america in terms of Wright sales. Last week they orderd 22 wrights and now their down to 3. Same with John Deere and Exmark and Scag. No BB here in KC!!!:)

What is wrong with you? Do you realize how stupid of a statement this is?
:wall

dura to the max
07-10-2008, 12:35 AM
When BB moves into the KC area it will be tough for them to keep with the big boys already here. Im looking at the 757. It looks like one hell of a machine.

the 757 is a beast. my neighbor had one at lost it in the recent mothers day tornados, and i loved cutting his place w/ it (and borrowing it on occasion). great mower, but a hefty price tag!

MJB
07-10-2008, 12:41 AM

The 757 is a nice machine but they aren't making them anymore, can't even find them around here. I heard the new 800 series was replacing them.
The BB mower is the new guy but whenever a dealer is setup , they sell just about as fast as they get them. The commercial mowers are very unique in that they have what most other mowers don't. Suspension system, swing away fuel tanks for easy access, more power choices than any other brand. In fact they are already hated by the big name manufacturers, because they are stealing so much business. I've talked to dealers in Canada, Idaho, Ok, Texas and a few others. Everyone is praising them, how fast they are selling, when sitting side by side with another name brand guess which one is selling ...the Bad Boy. I wanted one but there is no dealers in my region yet.
But they sent 60 machines to Alberta Canada and only have a few left, thats what I found out with every dealer and rep I talked too. Plus they are making the big boys work harder, because BB manufacturing facility is top notch, very high tech with robotics and the works, and that is hard to compete with because of their efficiency and quality. Check it out I did for the last 2 months. Sounds like I should become a dealer doesn't it??:laugh:
badbomowers.com

MJB
07-10-2008, 12:49 AM
What is wrong with you? Do you realize how stupid of a statement this is?
:wall

Uh Ohhh ! You've done it now....You don't want to make the Happy Frog Mad !!!!:laugh:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Happy Frog
07-10-2008, 02:10 AM
I just don't understand when people say something like "I hope I'll never see this brand of mower in this state"...
WT...?

KCfireman
07-10-2008, 02:11 AM
The 757 is a nice machine but they aren't making them anymore, can't even find them around here. I heard the new 800 series was replacing them.
The BB mower is the new guy but whenever a dealer is setup , they sell just about as fast as they get them. The commercial mowers are very unique in that they have what most other mowers don't. Suspension system, swing away fuel tanks for easy access, more power choices than any other brand. In fact they are already hated by the big name manufacturers, because they are stealing so much business. I've talked to dealers in Canada, Idaho, Ok, Texas and a few others. Everyone is praising them, how fast they are selling, when sitting side by side with another name brand guess which one is selling ...the Bad Boy. I wanted one but there is no dealers in my region yet.
But they sent 60 machines to Alberta Canada and only have a few left, thats what I found out with every dealer and rep I talked too. Plus they are making the big boys work harder, because BB manufacturing facility is top notch, very high tech with robotics and the works, and that is hard to compete with because of their efficiency and quality. Check it out I did for the last 2 months. Sounds like I should become a dealer doesn't it??:laugh:
badbomowers.com
Nope. Im still sold on JD. I went up and toured the encore and exmark plants up in Beatrice, NE. You wanna talk about impressive factories.

KCfireman
07-10-2008, 02:12 AM
I just don't understand when people say something like "I hope I'll never see this brand of mower in this state"...
WT...?
sorry bro im still sticking with the big boys on ztr.

farmboy1285
07-10-2008, 02:50 AM
I have gotta say, I have never seen a bad boy up close, besides the ones at tsc, but if I was in the market to buy a ZTR bad boy would be at the very top of my list. So far I don't think I have heard one bad thing about there mowers. I just don't understand why people go out and buy $10,000+ machines when they can buy a machine that is thousands less, Ive said it before and I will say it again at the end of the day the grass gets cut, Ill sacrifice 15 extra minutes on each lawn with "inferior" equipment before I spend an extra couple thousand. Just my two cents, everyone has different opinions.

tb8100
07-10-2008, 08:58 AM
I have gotta say, I have never seen a bad boy up close, besides the ones at tsc, but if I was in the market to buy a ZTR bad boy would be at the very top of my list. So far I don't think I have heard one bad thing about there mowers. I just don't understand why people go out and buy $10,000+ machines when they can buy a machine that is thousands less, Ive said it before and I will say it again at the end of the day the grass gets cut, Ill sacrifice 15 extra minutes on each lawn with "inferior" equipment before I spend an extra couple thousand. Just my two cents, everyone has different opinions.

but thats the beauty of it. You dont have to sacrifice time for a Bad Boy. Most all of them are as fast or faster than the competition in raw speed alone, and then there are other factors like bigger engine options and suspension that increase productivity like no other.

tb8100
07-10-2008, 09:00 AM

I brought Bad Boy into Toro and Scag country. I sell Scag and Bad Boy side by side. We sell Bad Boy two to one over our Scag stuff.

MJB
07-10-2008, 09:25 AM
I remember when Bad Boy first came out I jumped to the conclusion that if it wasn't a mainstream manufacturer that it could not compete and that was it.
I went down the road and continued to buy mainstream machines after 17 yrs in business, my eyes are open to the new comers. Bad Boy has come a long ways in a short period of time, only time will tell as to how big they get.
John Deer has only a couple of commercial mowers that I considered buying, and both times I found something else just as good or better. They've done it again with the 800 series mowers, they were not ready, needed more R & D. So even the big boys are having a hard time. Plus the new guys don't come with the arrogance of the Toro, and John Deer, companies that think they are great just because they been around for a long time. I'm only loyal to the companies that produce a quality cutting machine, and stand by their product. I have eliminated Hustler and Toro from my consideration and now John Deere the way things stand.

mybowtie
07-10-2008, 05:23 PM
For those of you that have seen a BB at TSC, but never seen there comercial line, They look nothing alike......The TSC BB is ugly but look as well built if not better then the other brands homeowner units.....the commercials units are nice looking machines................:usflag::usflag:

farmboy1285
07-11-2008, 02:34 AM
but thats the beauty of it. You dont have to sacrifice time for a Bad Boy. Most all of them are as fast or faster than the competition in raw speed alone, and then there are other factors like bigger engine options and suspension that increase productivity like no other.

Thats what Ive heard, that there are just as good as a scag or exmark. Im just sick of people jumping to conclusions based on stupid little things. I mean according to KCFIREMAN09 if I took a crap in a can and said it was the best mower on the planet and sold it for 1.2 million dollars, then it is apparently the best mower on the planet, just because of the price.:dizzy::dizzy:

KCfireman
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
:nono:Thats what Ive heard, that there are just as good as a scag or exmark. Im just sick of people jumping to conclusions based on stupid little things. I mean according to KCFIREMAN09 if I took a crap in a can and said it was the best mower on the planet and sold it for 1.2 million dollars, then it is apparently the best mower on the planet, just because of the price.:dizzy::dizzy:sweet jesus jonathon.

Happy Frog
07-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Thats what Ive heard, that there are just as good as a scag or exmark. Im just sick of people jumping to conclusions based on stupid little things. I mean according to KCFIREMAN09 if I took a crap in a can and said it was the best mower on the planet and sold it for 1.2 million dollars, then it is apparently the best mower on the planet, just because of the price.:dizzy::dizzy:

I hope I'll never see THAT brand of mower in Florida! :laugh::laugh:

razor1
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
It's gettin deep in here. :wall

Any BB dealers in MD?

carolinaborn82
02-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Nope. Im still sold on JD. I went up and toured the encore and exmark plants up in Beatrice, NE. You wanna talk about impressive factories.

you know the funny thing here is that not only have you never even used a bb mower, but you like john deere. talk about a turd in green paint.lol