PDA

View Full Version : make minimum $200/month to everyone??? residential and commercial. any advice??

andyslawncare
06-16-2008, 11:05 PM
I've spoken with a guy that has been in business for awhile...He spoke with a finnincial advisor and was told to raise the minimum to $200/month-----he lost some clients, made more than he did before, and worked less until he grew huge a few years after doing so!!! My minimum is $80/month right now...I want at least $120 for each one...I have over 60 year rounds and many seasonal and other jobs...

Any experience on this?

What are your minimums???

I live near atlanta.

bohiaa
06-16-2008, 11:19 PM
For my crew that runs ONLY 21" Mowers and NOTHING ELSE the min is 45.00

NO that does NOT include trimming the hedges

bone1
06-16-2008, 11:32 PM
80 a month seems really cheap! around here i think the min a month is 110! and 45 is really cheap! but the yards must be really small!

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
06-16-2008, 11:35 PM
For my crew that runs ONLY 21" Mowers and NOTHING ELSE the min is 45.00

NO that does NOT include trimming the hedges

45 a month for a minimum price.:confused:

bohiaa
06-16-2008, 11:37 PM
45 a month for a minimum price.:confused:

Woops..... I ment per cut....:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

yard_smart
06-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Woops..... I ment per cut....:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

HaHa i was about to jump all over you after saying i was cheap at trimming hedges lol

bohiaa
06-16-2008, 11:45 PM
HaHa i was about to jump all over you after saying i was cheap at trimming hedges lol

I just dont know HOW I can fit all of my size 12 boot in my mouth......

But It gets in there........ almost on a daily basis:hammerhead:

yard_smart
06-16-2008, 11:46 PM
it happens to the best of us ;)

Chilehead
06-17-2008, 12:24 AM
$25.00 is my minimum charge per cut--and I am talking about in-and-out 10 minute jobs. Most are around $40.00 per cut. $200.00 a month is easily attainable if you apply chemicals too.

Grits
06-17-2008, 12:28 AM
it happens to the best of us ;)

Wussup Scrappy!

topsites
06-17-2008, 12:38 AM
I don't think you would want to jump from where you are straight to 120 or 200, I think you'd lose more than a few customers out of that... It takes time, years really, but just go up on the price a little bit here, a little bit there, and one day you got it.

It is a constant thing, not something you want to put on the back burner,
this is a full-time affair but just take it nice and slow and easy on the increases.

TheKingOfLawns
06-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Depends on the lot doesn't it???

I had one guy a few years back, next door to a full service lot, just wanted me to hit is TINY TINY TINY front yard, literally took me 4 minutes start to finish, charged him $15. He was happy, so was I. MOST of my accounts start at a minimum of $25 per cut but thats becuase of their size, situation, etc....

And why was this guy talking to a financial advisor about what to charge lawn care customers????

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-17-2008, 02:27 AM
...raise the minimum to $200/month-----he lost some clients, made more than he did before...

This is sound logic. While mowing requires some pricing competitiveness, we did this same thing to our spraying a while back. We'd been doing what everyone else was doing - and not making much money. So we decided to go premium - THE WORKS!! - and it's a MUCH better bang for the buck...

mngrassguy
06-17-2008, 03:58 AM
My accountant told me the same thing many years ago and I do his lawn!!! It's taken me that long to get to this point but my min is now $220/month includes mow, trim, blow, fert and weed control. Weekly cuts only and no per timers.

Oh, and I'm booked up but I always have room for a new customer if it's the right price.

LwnmwrMan22
06-17-2008, 08:55 AM
For just mow, trim, blow, my minimum is now at $250 per month. These are on 1/3 acre lots.

yard_smart
06-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Wussup Scrappy!

Whats happenin man . . . i was wondering if there was any other cross over breads on here with me lol

landscaper22
06-17-2008, 11:15 PM
I know of one LCO in my area that told me the same thing last year. $200/month min. No one time cuts, no as needed, no bi-weekly junk. Just a full service deal, $200/month or nothing. Now he has been in business for over 20 years. He does a lot of landscaping too, however. I don't think I am at that point yet, however I am very particular about who I pick up now. I only offer year-round service for new customers. I am slowly trying to convert my existing customers or eventually squeeze them out of my schedule.
Remember, you are going to attract the type of customers that you market yourself to. If you cut for cheap you will find a lot of cheap people calling for service. It takes time to get to where you want to be with the business. But I have found I am much happier with my customer base now that I have changed who I market to. Properties I would love to have serviced 3 years ago I will not touch today. I am after a steady income not odd jobs. I realize I will always lose some and will gain some, but for the most part I know what I am going to gross each month.