PDA

View Full Version : Another Amsoil Give-Away!!!!!

AmsoilPower
06-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Ok guys, here is your chance to win 6 quarts of Amsoil ASE 10W-30/SAE30 Small Engine Oil. Please follow the "rules" as they are very simple. The contest will run for 24 hours and I will announce the winner on this thread tommorrow night. See the informational data sheet on the oil below.

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g2217.pdf

1. You cannot already be a Amsoil customer or have a account of any kind already established with Amsoil. I will check if needed!!!!!
2. You must submit your full name, address, phone and email via a PM to me. Do not post it in this thread.:hammerhead:
3. After using the oil in your mower(s) you must submit your honest feedback regarding the product.
4. Feel free to post any thoughts or ask questions regarding Amsoil products here.:clapping:
5. Good luck and have fun!!!!!:drinkup:

Remember, commercial accounts are free to you guys and save you 20-30% off retail prices shown in the Online Store in my website.

P.Services
06-17-2008, 12:41 AM
what makes this oil so good? why should i use it over mobil one that i have been using without problems? im afraird to switch when i have no reason to and then something bad will happen.

AmsoilPower
06-17-2008, 12:57 AM
what makes this oil so good? why should i use it over mobil one that i have been using without problems? im afraird to switch when i have no reason to and then something bad will happen.

Hi ol' buddy!!!! The oil qualifies for a SAE30 and/or a 10W-30 rating, therefore it has a extremly wide operating range. This is a oil that can be run anytime of year from hot Florida to the cold north where you are. Contains no wax. Some Mobil 1 oils do. This oil could also be used in many hydros as well. One oil for all applications in many cases.

P.Services
06-17-2008, 12:59 AM
haha you do remember me, i have my new turf tiger and have been meaning to get some info on your oil. is wax a bad thing in oil? would i be able to get filters for the kawi engine from you also?

AmsoilPower
06-17-2008, 01:09 AM
haha you do remember me, i have my new turf tiger and have been meaning to get some info on your oil. is wax a bad thing in oil? would i be able to get filters for the kawi engine from you also?

Wax helps in making the oil flow like mollasses in winter. It is not really a good thing. Wax flows ok when hot, but you know what happens when it cools----it turns solid. Yes you can get either a Wix or a EAO filter for the Kawasaki engines. I believe the filter is a EAO9. I will attach a link to the filter below.

www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=1521372&page=storefront/eao

P.Services
06-17-2008, 01:15 AM
im gona go back and read up on what other people have said about amsoil, others please chim in with thoughts on running this in your mowers.

AmsoilPower
06-17-2008, 01:21 AM
im gona go back and read up on what other people have said about amsoil, others please chim in with thoughts on running this in your mowers.

It does not concern this oil but be sure to check out my post regarding free Amsoil Saber 2-cycle oil samples for some feedback. Actually, I am surprised that you have not requested a sample. Maybe you just haven't seen it.

Varsity L&G
06-17-2008, 01:27 AM
I just sent a PM for this contest, had not seen the giveaway for the Amsoil Saber 2-cycle oil could you use that same address for a sample of that. Our big local dealer in this area (the one we see everywhere) is kind of a scary so I have not had a chance to try it yet.

P.Services
06-17-2008, 01:28 AM
It does not concern this oil but be sure to check out my post regarding free Amsoil Saber 2-cycle oil samples for some feedback. Actually, I am surprised that you have not requested a sample. Maybe you just haven't seen it.

i just was reading that and hoped over to see if you replied, today was the very first time i saw that thread. i use to run some trash oil from j-thomas some inermix i cant recall the name. then i switched to opti this year and it is a thousand times better. the guys that say oh i mixed 2.5 gallons today so i wont use yours for a few weeks crack me up, i am burning about 5 gallons a day so at 80:1 instead of 50:1 may save me a buck.

AmsoilPower
06-17-2008, 01:42 AM
i just was reading that and hoped over to see if you replied, today was the very first time i saw that thread. i use to run some trash oil from j-thomas some inermix i cant recall the name. then i switched to opti this year and it is a thousand times better. the guys that say oh i mixed 2.5 gallons today so i wont use yours for a few weeks crack me up, i am burning about 5 gallons a day so at 80:1 instead of 50:1 may save me a buck.

I will send you a sample. PM me your name and address.

mngrassguy
06-17-2008, 03:00 AM
I just tried a bottle of your 2 cycle and WOW what a difference. better smell, everything appears to run cooler with less consumption. I can't wait until winter so I can try it in my sled.

Thanks again for the sample and I will be ordering from you when I use up my current supply.

Keith
06-17-2008, 03:58 AM
Hey Hoyt. Out of curiosity, what is the benefit using ASE over ACD? Both appear to be SAE 30 that actually work where 10W-30 is needed.

AmsoilPower
06-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Bump----bump

AmsoilPower
06-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey Hoyt. Out of curiosity, what is the benefit using ASE over ACD? Both appear to be SAE 30 that actually work where 10W-30 is needed.

The only real benefit, if you call it that, is it is available in quarts. ACD is only available in gallons and larger. This turns some people off. ACD is a better oil with a TBN of 12. It is a more diversified oil since it is geared to the diesels. I am not taking anything away from ASE, as it is far better than dino, but just mainly for gas engines.

Keith
06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks. I was just curious about that since they seem to fill the same role. It looks like ASE, with its rust inhibitors, may be more geared toward equipment that might get stored for months at a time without use.

I used the ACD for a number of years. You could tell it had a robust additive pack just by looking at the color.

Nickos
06-17-2008, 10:56 PM
JUST changed my oil :o

although im not really sure how much this oil would really help me on my 21" push

AmsoilPower
06-17-2008, 11:53 PM
Only about 30 minutes left before I announce the winner!!!!:dizzy:

Lawn-Scapes
06-18-2008, 12:04 AM
I own a new Dixie Chopper 74 Xcaliber. I run regular 10W30 and it consumes about a half a quart a week. If you don't already know it incorporates an Amsoil bypass filter. I'd love to give your product a try so... pick me! I can assure you I will give my honest opinion after........

Check for pm!

Edit: Can I see this cunsumption drop? What is the recommended time frame for oil changes when using Amsoil?

Ridin' Around
06-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Only about 30 minutes left before I announce the winner!!!!:dizzy:

Well?..... C'mon I gotta go to bed already!:laugh::sleeping:

AmsoilPower
06-18-2008, 12:24 AM
I own a new Dixie Chopper 74 Xcaliber. I run regular 10W30 and it consumes about a half a quart a week. If you don't already know it incorporates an Amsoil bypass filter. I'd love to give your product a try so... pick me! I can assure you I will give my honest opinion after........

Check for pm!

Edit: Can I see this cunsumption drop? What is the recommended time frame for oil changes when using Amsoil?

If you are using that much oil, I would highly recommend getting to the repair shop for some warranty work. A new mower should not use that much oil. Amsoil will not cure oil consumption. Do you have a visable leak?

treemonkey
06-18-2008, 12:27 AM
This is the answer Amsoil gave me regarding ASE vs ASD:

In response to your recent e-mail, we thank you for bringing this question to our attention. In review of your noted application, our preferred recommendation would be the use of the AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke, Small Engine oil product code ASE. We would suggest this product over the AMSOIL ACD for several reasons. The first would be that the ASE addresses oil consumption common in small engines to a greater degree than the ACD product. Secondly the ASE utilizes additive chemistry more appropriate for a gasoline application such as you Kawasaki whereas the ACD is more directed toward heavy duty diesel applications. Should your equipment be used on a seasonal basis, the ASE would also offer a higher degree of protection during those periods on prolong inactivity. The ASE was developed as a straight SAE 30 grade product. The natural low temperature properties of its synthetic base stock however allows it to meet the low temp performance requirements of a multi-grade 10W-30 oil. Indeed, this product is suitable for use in application calling for a straight grade SAE 30 fluid. We hope you will find this helpful and should questions remain, please let us know.

Lawn-Scapes
06-18-2008, 12:31 AM
No leaks.. just 33hp cutting cutting 30 something acres a week. Send me some oil and let's see how it does........ :) Just send 3 instead of six.

SchultzLawnCare
06-18-2008, 12:33 AM
whos the winner?

AmsoilPower
06-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Contest has ended.

Lawn-Scapes is the winner. Congrats Tom!!! I will send you the oil very soon. Thanks to all who participated. I will be having more of these fun contests for various Amsoil products in the future so be looking!!!!

Ridin' Around
06-18-2008, 12:35 AM
yea, get off the bus and draw already!!!

Lawn-Scapes
06-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Wanna send me a new bypass too? :D

Ridin' Around
06-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Contest has ended.

Lawn-Scapes is the winner. Congrats Tom!!! I will send you the oil very soon. Thanks to all who participated. I will be having more of these fun contests for various Amsoil products in the future so be looking!!!!

What's next can I win an Injen Cold air intake for my new diesel or what?

AmsoilPower
06-18-2008, 12:39 AM
What's next can I win an Injen Cold air intake for my new diesel or what?

Sorry, I know you use Amsoil products already:hammerhead::nono:

AmsoilPower
06-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Wanna send me a new bypass too? :D

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ridin' Around
06-18-2008, 12:42 AM
No leaks.. just 33hp cutting cutting 30 something acres a week. Send me some oil and let's see how it does........ :) Just send 3 instead of six.

Yea, I do and I'm proud to say I'm very happy with the results, But I also like givin' you a hard time too! Since Tom only needs 3 will you be giving the other 3 away Wednesday night?

Lawn-Scapes
06-18-2008, 12:48 AM
hey.. what's so funny bud? ;)

Looking forward to trying the product!

My info (phone, email, etc) is not going to be passed out... is it? I don't wanna be inundated with calls, etc.....

Lawn-Scapes
06-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Yea, I do and I'm proud to say I'm very happy with the results, But I also like givin' you a hard time too! Since Tom only needs 3 will you be giving the other 3 away Wednesday night?

No.. I get all 6.. unless he want's to send a bypass in place of the 3.

AmsoilPower
06-18-2008, 12:52 AM
hey.. what's so funny bud? ;)

Looking forward to trying the product!

My info (phone, email, etc) is not going to be passed out... is it? I don't wanna be inundated with calls, etc.....

Only I have your info. I do not share info with anyone. You are safe my friend!!!

robbo521
06-18-2008, 01:13 AM
dang,always late.:dizzy: never tried it.what does it compare to?

Lawn-Scapes
08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Well...........

My opinion of Amsoil is... it's seems to be good stuff.

As stated I own a Dixie Chopper Xcaliber with 33hp Generac. The motor was using or loosing a good bit of oil. For one reason or another that cunsumption seems to have been cut in half since I changed over to Amsoil.

I also had a little bit of valve noise at low idle that seems to have disappeared and overall the engine seems to run smoother.

Occassionally I would see a puff of smoke at start up which I haven't noticed lately.

I went 80 hours between oil changes and felt comfortable doing so.. as the Amsoil seemed to keep its color longer than conventional oil.

I don't know what else to say. Don't know if this is the best oil on the market but there was definitely a noticeable improvement over what I had been using.

So... how much is this stuff?

AmsoilPower
08-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Well...........

My opinion of Amsoil is... it's seems to be good stuff.

As stated I own a Dixie Chopper Xcaliber with 33hp Generac. The motor was using or loosing a good bit of oil. For one reason or another that cunsumption seems to have been cut in half since I changed over to Amsoil.

I also had a little bit of valve noise at low idle that seems to have disappeared and overall the engine seems to run smoother.

Occassionally I would see a puff of smoke at start up which I haven't noticed lately.

I went 80 hours between oil changes and felt comfortable doing so.. as the Amsoil seemed to keep its color longer than conventional oil.

I don't know what else to say. Don't know if this is the best oil on the market but there was definitely a noticeable improvement over what I had been using.

So... how much is this stuff?

Glad to hear you are happy with the results. Current commercial account pricing is $5.95 per quart. Case price is $66.00 per case which brings the price per quart to $5.50. I have attached the entire commercial account price list for everyone's viewing.