PDA

View Full Version : stripes left in lawn

big_belly4ever
06-17-2008, 01:05 AM
JUST STARTED HAVING MY AREINS 2148XL ZEROTURN LAWN MOWER LEAVE A STRIPE OF UNCUT GRASS ON THE CHUTE SIDE. REPLACED BELT AND BLADES SAME THING ,LONG OR SHORT GRASS MAYBE A IDLER PULLEY OR BLADE SPINDLE BAD? ANY INFO?:cry::confused:

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Is the deck clean underneath? Are any of the baffles bent? These things affect airflow - which can lead to mowhawking...

big_belly4ever
06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Is the deck clean underneath? Are any of the baffles bent? These things affect airflow - which can lead to mowhawking...

i cleaned off all the grass, put new blades and one baffle is bent, been bent for awhile wasnt giving me a problem before, seems like with all the rain the grass is growing good and is collecting under the deck a lot.

S L C
06-18-2008, 12:31 AM
i cleaned off all the grass, put new blades and one baffle is bent, been bent for awhile wasnt giving me a problem before, seems like with all the rain the grass is growing good and is collecting under the deck a lot.

Don't use an 'ariens'.... that should help you out a bunch!!!! :hammerhead::rolleyes:

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-18-2008, 12:48 AM

I had a bent baffle that I used for a while. Then I bent it worse without knowing it, and mohawked like CRAZY - even in 1st gear. Get under there with a hammer or something and fix it up.

doubleedge
06-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Don't use an 'ariens'.... that should help you out a bunch!!!! :hammerhead::rolleyes:

I have a 21" ariens that cuts and bags as well as my top of the line honda, and costed 1/2 the price.

Gardens55
06-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Stop Shouting! ;)

logical
06-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Sometimes in wet grass the discharge will bend the uncut grass on that side so when you come back the next pass the blades can't lift it enough to cut it well. Then nature stands it up and you have cowlick strips every other line.

big_belly4ever
06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
baffle was the problem worked great today , nothing a crow bar and hammer can't fix thanks :waving:

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-20-2008, 12:15 AM
baffle was the problem worked great today , nothing a crow bar and hammer can't fix thanks :waving:

You know what they say: even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then!! Glad to help.