PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet TANK "50 Opinions

TC Lawns
06-17-2008, 02:35 AM
I am in the market for a good used ZTR. I know Exmarks and Toros are great, but I have found a few Cub Cadet "commercial" TANK ZTRs.

Does anyone have one of these, or have used one? How good are they as far as reliability, cut quality, ect.

Pros & Cons

I dont know much about them, so I am just asking around.

Also, as I mentioned, I a looking for a second mower. Right now I have a 36" Toro Proline Walk behind. I cut alot of yards and I would rather be sitting down than bouncing around on the walk-behind. I cant afford a new one right now, but would like to find a good used one. I have looked at them all....and there are alot for sale. So I am having trouble deciding on which one is right for me.. I have cut with walkers before (great cut) and also with the Exmark ZTR (fast). I only want to spend $3000-4000. What would be the best one to be looking for? Really want the walker, but they are expensive and the only ones I can find in my price range are older, and cant decide between this and a good ZTR.

IF you have any advise on any of this please let me know.

Thanks

Southeast Select
06-18-2008, 08:16 PM
were looking at buying the 54" tank with 27 horse kohler, 2008 new model. from what we've seen on the forums and the feedback we've gotten from dealers, commercial guys seem to like them (not all commercial guys, of course, but most) and all the dealers we've talked to say they just don't come back.

we've been trying our hardest to find the dirt on this mower, but aside from older models having discharge problems, which is alleviated by their new select cut deck on the 08 model, they seem like a good buy.

let me know what you find out. would like to know more pros and cons. we've found mostly pros, so our plan now is to buy the above mentioned mower asap for our business.

later.

nix15
06-18-2008, 09:19 PM
I have the Tank with a 23 horse KAW- 54 " cut. It mows great, easy to maintain, tough as nails. Don't even think about picking up grass with the blower on this machine. Unless you cut bone dry grass and are taking off 1/4 inch it will clog. Turns a half hour job into a 90 min affair. This is my second year with it and I no longer bag. If it looks horrible after I'm done, I'll run back over the lawn with the blower on. Again it extends my day but the cusomers stay happy. Next unit will NOT be a Cub.

SNAPPER MAN
06-18-2008, 09:55 PM
I have a 2008 48" TANK with the 23 hp kawasaki and it is awsome. The mower flys at 12 mph and is a very productive machine for us. The cut the Select Cut deck leaves is beautiful. Mine actually is able to stripe st. augistine very easily and all my customers are impressed with the quality. I would reccomend the TANK any day over any other zero turn.

J.A.G LAWNCARE
06-18-2008, 10:09 PM
I have the Tank with a 23 horse KAW- 54 " cut. It mows great, easy to maintain, tough as nails. Don't even think about picking up grass with the blower on this machine. Unless you cut bone dry grass and are taking off 1/4 inch it will clog. Turns a half hour job into a 90 min affair. This is my second year with it and I no longer bag. If it looks horrible after I'm done, I'll run back over the lawn with the blower on. Again it extends my day but the cusomers stay happy. Next unit will NOT be a Cub.

you say how it mows great easy to maintain and tough but next unit will not be one why??????????????????????

Mowingman
06-18-2008, 10:09 PM
I was a Cub dealer for 1 year. That was 1 year too long. I can not recommend any Cub machines. Currently, the build quality is terrible and parts can take forever to get. If you ever can get parts at all.
I would not even think about buying a Cub product at this time.

nix15
06-19-2008, 07:58 AM
If they improve their bagging system I would consider a Cub for my next machine.