PDA

View Full Version : Flyers!!!Flyers!!!Flyers!!!Flyers!!!Flyers!!!Flyers!!!Flyers

Dingo
01-19-2000, 07:29 PM
Ok all you experienced flyer studs. Amaze me with all you know about them. When should they be sent out? What should they include? What's the best kind? Where is the best place to put them (door/mailbox)? How much do door flyers cost? Any and all tips for a professional flyer are welcome. If anyone has a professional flyer that they could send to me i would greatly appreciated it so i can use it as an example to make mine. <br>thanks, the Dingo

VWBug61083
01-19-2000, 09:03 PM
You could have them professionally done, which is always good, but, you could also make a good one yourself. I made my own on Microsoft Publisher, which I have used to make all sorts of other things (estimates, letterheads, ect.). The flyer should include all the obvious things like business name, phone #, services offered and so forth. Try to make it stand out. Get a good picture if you can, and, if you can afford it, have them in color. Just so long as it grabs the readers attention. To save money, you could print two flyers on one page (2 1/2 page flyers), then cut them in half. It'll save you 50% less on the prices of the copies. As far as distributing them; driving by and taping them to the mailbox is obviously faster than running up to there door. Putting them inside the mailbox is illegal, but not putting them on the outside isn't(or at least nobody has ever said anything to me about it). The more you put out, the more response. Flyers do work, and they're about the cheapest advertising you can do, except of course for word of mouth.

AandB
01-20-2000, 05:25 AM
I sometimes print them myself on 110 lb bond paper, 3 to a page. I only do this if I am going to use color, otherwise, I take a sample to a copy center and have them run off and cut.<p>Don't paste it to the mail box--that is illegal--same as putting it inside (that's what they told me at the post office--check it out in your own area--call and ask). It is a bit more time consuming but I place them in on the front door. <p>Look at a thread below for some wording examples. Since I usually run three per page I usually try something different on all three to see what works best (if you do it like this, make sure you can track where you leave the different flyers). Special offers and discounts have worked better for me than just a flyer saying that I offer lawn services.<p><p><p>----------<br>A and B Lawn Services<br>