PDA

View Full Version : Can it be done Part Time.

Tony_RHServices
06-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Iím new to this and any input would be greatly appreciated.

I currently have a small Part Time home remolding business that is taking to much of my free time plus some customer shy away from a P/T because they donít want to wait and it has been tough to get side work because of the commitment needed. I was thinking of starting a landscaping division. I understand that I would my customer base would need to be small. Can this be done part time and be done profitable?

jrdean62
06-17-2008, 11:47 AM
I do landscape INSTALLS on the side and make good money. I would not try the lawn maint. side of the business due to the fact lawns need to be cut on a regular basis. With installs you can plan around your schedule. It may mean no weekends and long days but I make it work.

larryinalabama
06-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Im part time, I take in good money but this year its all going towards equiptment. If you have enough equi[ptment then yes you can be profitable. The biggest problem IM facing is high GAS prices, I can only do 3 to 4 yards an afternoon and have to drive 25 miles round trip, if I were full time I coluse do 8 to 12 yards using the same amount of gas in the truck.

mobileboy
06-17-2008, 03:50 PM
You can make it work within reason. How much do you want to make? I do installs and re-landscapes on the side and make some extra cash. Just about to buy a used Hustler mini z from a guy in Florida to speed up the few yards that I cut (i make a little extra doing that too). I work 45 hours a week at my regular job and with a 2 year old it can be tough finding time to get it all in. Careful planning of time and a strong back will equal some extra money if you're serious.

k911lowe
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
I do landscape INSTALLS on the side and make good money. I would not try the lawn maint. side of the business due to the fact lawns need to be cut on a regular basis. With installs you can plan around your schedule. It may mean no weekends and long days but I make it work.

ditto for me.what he said.

brentcausey
06-20-2008, 05:41 PM
I work FT 8-4:30 everyday and keep up with 20 yards. Yeah, you might work til dark some evenings and all day on a Saturday but it's worth it when those checks come!

railman
06-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah, you might work til dark some evenings and all day on a Saturday but it's worth it when those checks come!

yes it is worth it when those checks come in. nice to always have money.

railman
06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
and yes it can be done part time. I have a full time job and 29 accounts which most of the time I cut by myself and I have my 15 year old son that helps me when I get backed up cause of the weather.

JacksonLawns
06-26-2008, 10:54 AM
I work full time 7-4 m-f and maintain 15 lawn accounts in the evenings and weekends. I have done 4 good sized mulch jobs this year too. My brother in law has a full time lawn and landscape business but did it part time for many years before going full time.

Guzman Properties
06-26-2008, 11:00 AM
I currently have a full time job m-f. I do about 30 yards weekdays and weekends. Very profitable for me, but do expect to work long hard hours, not for everyone.