PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Deer (sheep) Flies And Greenheads

skeet
06-17-2008, 11:01 AM
We're now in the middle of fly season that last about 1 month. Flies swarm by the tens and seem to bite before they land. Slap and kill them 2-3 at a time. The closer to bodies of water the worse the are.

topsites
06-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Yeah but wow they're not as bad here, one or two and sometimes a small swarm of 3 or 4 but that's about it...
And you're right, funny how they come around only in June but what a nasty bite they got. :cry:

The worst part is they look and feel almost like a regular house fly,
until I got bit a few times I didn't even pay them no mind.

Z-Man
06-17-2008, 11:43 AM
I have them bad, and they bite! Try wrapping a white towel around your neck, it helps a lot but not completely. Also, wear a hat to keep them off your head. ;)

skeet
06-17-2008, 12:30 PM
I have them bad, and they bite! Try wrapping a white towel around your neck, it helps a lot but not completely. Also, wear a hat to keep them off your head. ;)

Best thing I found to use is a (Bounce) clothes dryer sheet and place it under your hat and let it hang down the back of your neck. Forget the skin-so-soft

mybowtie
06-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Damm I hate them things...The deer flies are worse around here. The horse flies u can almost use a 12 ga. there so big....*trucewhiteflag*...Did I mention I hate them things???????........:usflag:

rodfather
06-17-2008, 05:57 PM
greenheads hurt bigtime and love human beings near the water

skeet
06-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Electronic handheld bug zappers (fly swatters) puts a hurt on them.

Lawn-Sharks
06-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I have one account that has horse flies all over the dang place! I think i need to start charging more to mow, them lil bastards hurt when they bite!:angry: