PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist?

yardsurfer
06-17-2008, 02:16 PM
A good source for work? What do you guys usually say on your postings? I'm trying to get ideas. My mind is a blank right now.

Lawn-Sharks
06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Tell it like it is let them know your a legit company that carries GL insurance and is workman comp exempt or insured, let them know your not a fly by night company! I listed a few months ago on orlando craigs list and got some work from it. Try finding one of my old ads and get some pointers from it. Good luck!

DLAWNS
06-18-2008, 07:51 AM
I don't know how well it works for advertising, but I put a help wanted up and I got about 20 calls and emails in about 4 days. I actually found my current worker on there and he is great.

SOS Landscaping
06-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Ive posted adds on there twice and I got one call back, the guy was a real estate investor so hopefully ill be able to grab some more accounts from him

N&CLandscaping
06-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Its great but most people on there are looking for sheap work, but it does generate some good clients

kleankutslawn
06-18-2008, 10:20 AM
just puts as much info & what services you offer on there.if it doesn't work try it again

Dean of Green
06-18-2008, 11:28 AM
"Will beat your current provider by $1"

N&CLandscaping
06-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Corection "Chep" Work

Liendeni
06-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I would put "Will cut any lawn...regardless of size....$5.00." That seems to be what everybody else is putting on their ad.

MowHouston
06-18-2008, 02:20 PM
I've said this for every person that has ever asked about craigslist. Make sure that you show your minimum price right from the get go so that you don't get the penny pinchers off of there.

Now... All these guys bitching and moaning about the cheapskates on craigslist just haven't tried it long enough, or haven't tried it since last year. Craigslist is growing more and more and isn't just a classified's site.

Google crawls craigslist like crazy and if you put in the right words, your ad can very well show up on the first page of google's search results for "lawn service" "lawn care" etc. Mine sure hits it from time to time. Also, as craigslist becomes more and more popular, I have noticed a decline in the customers looking for cheap work. Putting your price on your ad eliminates most of those responses anyhow. Here is what mine looks like:

http://houston.craigslist.org/hss/723947399.html

I get a lot of work from craigslist, sure there's a lot of guys saying $20 for any lawn, but I know from experience, they dont last very much longer than a month so who really cares?

Bottom line, Craigslist is free, it generates work, and no one ever said you had to go after EVERY lead you get. If you know they're cheapies, don't do the work. Problem solved. Personally, I post twice, sometimes three times a day. I dont know whats wrong with these other guys ;)

bohiaa
06-18-2008, 06:47 PM
I've said this for every person that has ever asked about craigslist. Make sure that you show your minimum price right from the get go so that you don't get the penny pinchers off of there.

Now... All these guys bitching and moaning about the cheapskates on craigslist just haven't tried it long enough, or haven't tried it since last year. Craigslist is growing more and more and isn't just a classified's site.

Google crawls craigslist like crazy and if you put in the right words, your ad can very well show up on the first page of google's search results for "lawn service" "lawn care" etc. Mine sure hits it from time to time. Also, as craigslist becomes more and more popular, I have noticed a decline in the customers looking for cheap work. Putting your price on your ad eliminates most of those responses anyhow. Here is what mine looks like:

http://houston.craigslist.org/hss/723947399.html

I get a lot of work from craigslist, sure there's a lot of guys saying $20 for any lawn, but I know from experience, they dont last very much longer than a month so who really cares?

Bottom line, Craigslist is free, it generates work, and no one ever said you had to go after EVERY lead you get. If you know they're cheapies, don't do the work. Problem solved. Personally, I post twice, sometimes three times a day. I dont know whats wrong with these other guys ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

grassmedics
06-18-2008, 06:53 PM
I posted on craigslist when i first started out and got some good accounts from it. I still post occasionally, but there are a LOT of guys in the orlando area that swear they are the best with the lowest prices. Those are the ones i laugh at. if you do post dont put down the competition, it makes you look bad instead of them

railman
06-18-2008, 07:37 PM
here's how mine looks like

Clark & Son Lawn Care Service

Let us take care of all your lawn. Very professional and hard working.

Grass Cutting
Weed Eating
Edging
Blowing Sidewalks/Driveways

Call today for a free estimate. I'll beat prices and do a much better job!

(xxx)xxx-xxxx ask for Clark

Thank You in advance for your business.

Green Team Landscaping
06-22-2008, 07:23 PM
It isn't the best, but it's free advertising, and one more place to get your name out there. I've only gotten one account from it though.

CajunCutter_dotcom
06-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Other than craigslist, is there another online advertising website that you guys use?

MowHouston
07-01-2008, 12:02 AM
backpage.com is alright.

If you mean any other as in, even if you had to pay for it. google adwords. its pay per click.

toac
07-01-2008, 01:03 PM
backpage.com is alright.

If you mean any other as in, even if you had to pay for it. google adwords. its pay per click.

I've had a few hits from backpage.com. It's basically the same thing as craigslist.

CajunCutter_dotcom
07-01-2008, 07:35 PM
I've had a few hits from backpage.com. It's basically the same thing as craigslist.

backpage.com is alright.

thanks for the info...i'll try them out!!

VirginiaLawnCare
07-01-2008, 09:44 PM
I havnt had much luck with craigslist I get mostly people looking for really cheap work. I get about 1-2 calls a week from people but most the time they want me to beat the next guy on craigs list who already says they do all laws for 20$. I screen them really good on the phone and a lot of them will say no thanks before I even go look at there lawns.