PDA

View Full Version : Toro 21"

samk
01-04-2002, 11:36 AM
chepo depot has some toro recyclers with 6.5 briggs for only 210.00 any thoughts on these mowers

joed
01-04-2002, 11:39 AM
SamK,

Are these Toro Proline commercial mowers or the residential Recyclers and Super Recycler models? I own a 21" Proline with the 6.5 Briggs/Stratton on it. I am very pleased with this machine. It moves very quickly, mulches and bags very well and has a strong motor that can be a little finicky. For $210, sounds like a great deal.

samk
01-04-2002, 11:48 AM
probally the homeowner version i figured for the cost it would be good i should mention they are reconditioned. but from what i understand alot of the depot sfuff comes back after being used once with nothing wrong and these do look brand new

andyslawns
01-04-2002, 05:48 PM
I have a toro personal pace, It is two years old and I have never had a problem with it I think it was like $530 new. I Would probably buy one of those for $210 , reconditioned Here is one similar too mine http://toro.com/home/mowers/superrecycler/20038.html

Premo Services
01-04-2002, 11:13 PM
I went to home cheapo and bought the toro recycler mower you talk about a couple years ago. The price sounded right at the time I needed a 21 in mower. It didn`t bag leaves very good at all, left a lot that even when going over and over they just wouldn1t get picked up. Took it back and got my money. I really liked the idea of the personal bace, so I went to a commerecial dealer. They had the toro super recycler 21 inch for 500.00. I was trying to figure if it was what I needed. A commerecial cutter came in there and he said he had 10 of them, and 10 snappers. He asked what I was looking for and said the super recycler has a thicker deck, parts were made more heavy duty and for my needs this is what would be best for me.Plus the super recycler has a 5 year warranty instead of the two year on the recycler. I bought it and have not had a problem in 2 years. Bags the leaves much better, and cuts better also.