PDA

View Full Version : panoramic daytime trial

Mike M
06-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Pic's lose their magic on lawnsite with small file size, but you get the idea.

This software is amazing. For 62 bucks (shipping included) I saved the need to purchase an expensive wide angle lens. I highly recommend arc soft's panoramic software for anyone here with a digital cam!

I practiced during daylight. Read the tips for shooting pics in the help guide (very basic stuff).

The "tables" scene was done with vertical photo's side by side. The software also does photo's stacked on top, and 360 degrees as well. Minutes to master, no kidding. I can't wait to take some night shots now.

Thanks, Joey & Tim for the referral!! I'm doing this for my next post card pic to help capture a whole portrait.

Mike M
06-17-2008, 10:24 PM
here's the tables

You should see the definition and tones in high res!!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Hey Mike. what is the product's name and where did you purchase it from?

Regards.

Lite4
06-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Glad it is working for you. I need to purchase it post haste. I am also glad to hear that it is easy to work with. Thanks for showing us the capabilities.

Mike M
06-18-2008, 08:06 AM
I went to Amazon and it was sold through J&R Music (?), product is Panorama Maker 4 (Mac or PC) by ArcSoft. Fifty something plus ship.

Must have some really fancy code going on behind the scenes, can't believe how effortlessly it stitches the pics. You end up with a huge high res photo, ready for printing on photographic banner paper if you want, too.

It also has an auto feature which speculates the photo's you want to put together, based on the time/clock embedded with the image.

I didn't have a level on my tripod, yet it stitched all images perfectly. Unreal. Just lock all variables (focus, white bal., aperture, iso, etc.) and use a nice 50% overlap. Lock your tilt on the tripod, or if going vertical, lock the pan. I used a cheap piece of crap tripod, reluctantly, but the software compensated.

I haven't tried to the tile stitch, where it basically combines several photo's like two panorama's stacked on top of each other, for a massive high def image.

You should see these images in larger file size.

I'll schedule some night shots sometime this week when spouse is in the house to watch the kids.

JoeyD
06-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Awesome Mike...yeah wait until you start stacking the photos too....you can stich pictures horizontally and verticly.....it is an awesome program!!

I will throw this out there guys but I have a huge plotter in my office. I print our high res photos on huge laser paper, vinyl, and canvas. This is really nice for framing and hanging in your office or giving to a homeowner as a parting gift after completing a nice install. For a small fee to cover the paper and ink I could probably do this for you guys if you wanted to send me the high res photo. No joke we printed the picture that is in my signature out and it was like 6ft X 3ft roughly. It looks really good!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Hey Joey, what plotter do you guys use? I have been eyeing up an HP full format plotter / printer for my biz, but at about $3500 I have been a bit hesitant without some recommendations.

I need it to produce full scale drawings for my interior and commercial work.... would be nice to be able to print big photos too!

Have a great day.

Mike M
06-19-2008, 07:00 AM
James,

Don't they do big prints at Canadian Tire?

hehe.

You need a Staples.

JoeyD
06-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Hey Joey, what plotter do you guys use? I have been eyeing up an HP full format plotter / printer for my biz, but at about $3500 I have been a bit hesitant without some recommendations.

I need it to produce full scale drawings for my interior and commercial work.... would be nice to be able to print big photos too!

Have a great day.

HP Designjet 800P. We use it primarily for plans but recently have gotten used to useing it for a lot of things like banners for tradeshows and distributors as well as large photo printing.

JoeyD
06-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Heres a few recent Panoramics that our guy Paul took....the first job should look familiar to Paul and Tommy.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/lighting/Panorama2.jpg

These other 2 are panoramics of Stone Brewery

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/lighting/Panorama7.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/lighting/Panorama5.jpg

Mike M
06-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Joey, those pics are cool!!

JoeyD
06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah they look really cool.....the panoramics allow you to do so much more. You get the feeling of standing right there...everything isnt so far away like it is when you take photos of entire yards standing across the street. You get all the detail which is what you want.

Lite4
06-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Wow Joey, that first one is beautiful. I hate HPS lights. They always ruin a good lighting scene.

JoeyD
06-19-2008, 10:59 AM
I know...those lights killed us on the Stone project but we did a pretty good job combating them.