PDA

View Full Version : what about the billygoat vac

edgeman2003
06-18-2008, 11:24 AM
I was thinking of getting one of the billy goat vac for the lawns in the fall when the leaves hit. should I get one? what are the best ways to getting dry and wet leaves up?

Jay Ray
06-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I have a kd511 bg push vac. It is nice to have to do around pools of finicky folks, for drives with high curbs, and when the ground is too wet to put anything heavier on it.

But it is not a serious or efficient leaf machine, especially with the volume of leaves you guys have up there.

edgeman2003
06-22-2008, 02:45 AM
I have a kd511 bg push vac. It is nice to have to do around pools of finicky folks, for drives with high curbs, and when the ground is too wet to put anything heavier on it.

But it is not a serious or efficient leaf machine, especially with the volume of leaves you guys have up there.

thanks for info

supercuts
06-22-2008, 10:29 AM
im assuming you mean a truck loader vac?? if so they are great but you need an efficient way to get them out of the truck. i started with leaf loader/truck loader giant vac vacume into a p/u with a wooden box. i used one of those load handlers to crank it all out on its tarp. id staple it to the front of the box and it would pull it out in a large brick. that way sucked though and took alot of time and worked like crap when they were wet, often we could only half load it. but, if your new its a way to get started until you can afford to go bigger

we then switched to an ez dump insert and build the box on that and it worked great only we expanded to the point in which we needed bigger. so, we went with a 12' landscape dump body and built a huge box on that. now we only need to dump 1-2 times a day in the fall.

hope this helped.

mngrassguy
06-22-2008, 06:12 PM
They work great for smaller areas like condo, business, res. entrances or when the wind is blowing leaves around in circles behind buildings, ect.