PDA

View Full Version : Used Scag Turf Tiger Pricing Opinion

Stizz
06-18-2008, 11:26 AM
I demoed a 2005 Scag Turf Tiger the other day, it has the 25 hp kawasaski liquid with a 61" deck...has 1050 hours on it...the guy is asking $5k for it...what's a fair price for this mower and how long do these mowers normally last hourswise...he told me they were rated for 2000 hours.

Mike Blevins
06-18-2008, 11:43 AM
I would say that is pretty high. If you don't need the mower right away I would wait and shop around. Personally I wouldn't buy a mower with that many hours but know a few that have and have had good luck with them. Has the mower been used commercially?,is it a one owner machine? What kinda of service did he perform on it? What kind of oil did he use? What overall condition is it in? Does it look like it has 1050 hours on it? Has it ever had any "problems" that had to be fixed? $5000 dollars is way to high in my opinion. Some might disagree but I got to get alot of bang for my buck these days.

Stizz
06-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I thought it was a bit high too that's why I'm asking...its a nice mower for what I'm looking for but you can tell it has 1000 hours on it, I can just feel it in the steering and that scares me a bit but overall it mowed well. It's a one owner machine, not used commercially and he serviced it himself every 75 hours. Is $4k probably closer to what its worth?

P.Services
06-18-2008, 12:10 PM
i wouldnt go over 3.5k not a dime over.

Mike Blevins
06-18-2008, 12:22 PM
I thought it was a bit high too that's why I'm asking...its a nice mower for what I'm looking for but you can tell it has 1000 hours on it, I can just feel it in the steering and that scares me a bit but overall it mowed well. It's a one owner machine, not used commercially and he serviced it himself every 75 hours. Is $4k probably closer to what its worth?

I would look elsewhere if it were me. You can find deals you might have to travel a little to get soemthing. If he really wants to sell it ask him bottom dollar and if its near 3000 then I might get it otherwise to the next one.