PDA

View Full Version : DOLMAR weed trimmers how are they ?

clyde stewart
01-04-2002, 01:09 PM
I saw a Dolmar weedtrimmer in a dearlers showroom the other day for the first time. It was extremely lite and had some power for the 20cc model. I was wandering is anyone using these and if so how are they holding up? any problems? and what not to do if i decide to buy one?

E-mail me at clyde4prezednt@hotmail.com :blob4:

WREBELMACHINE
01-04-2002, 06:02 PM
Dolmar weed eaters unger 40cc are built by ROBIN. I currently use robins and have had good luck with them!

lawncare
01-04-2002, 06:35 PM
I never heard of dolmar but if they are built by robin u got youself a weedwacker I have a Robin commecial weedeater and for 10yr strong never had 1 problem. Still running like new have to change the head every once and a while from wearing it out. Eat dust sthil!!!!

SCAPEASAURUSREX
01-05-2002, 10:38 AM
I havnet tried a DOLMAR weed wacker, BUT.... I have one of their chain Saws.. AND let me tell you the little bugger ROCKS>>> It is a small 12" tree climber saw and it blows away my Stihl 021... Much more power and starts alot easier... I think they are made in Germany... I dont have any dealers otherwise I would give the trimmers a shot myself...

bgaline75
06-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I have a dolmar 331c weedeater. I have been using it for a little under a year now and have had no problems with it. It is a little heavy but has plenty of power to get through the thick stuff. I replaced the head with a shindaiwa speed feed and that has worked great.

Alan0354
06-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Don't forget Makita. They should have a lot of dealers. I called about the 75cc bp, and they said they can order it. Makita own Robin.

morgaj1
06-28-2010, 10:38 PM
FWIW, Dolmar makes some of the best chainsaws that you can buy. If you look on arboristsite.com, you will see that Dolmar is given the same respect as Stihl and Husqvarna.

speedster
06-29-2010, 07:57 AM
My local Stihl dealer now sells Dolmar products. I didn't get a close look but I know they had at least 4-5 chainsaws on display. They were expensive.

Hawg City Lawns
06-29-2010, 10:17 AM
well youre in luck i own the ms230c its a great trimmer ive had it for a year now and no problems at all except just the other day ive noticed it lagging at full throttle im sure its time for a tune up but its light and very powerful mine has a nice little mitsubishi engine which is been great this trimmer doesnt vibriate very bad at all and it already comes with a great head easy to restring but its not like an auto feed head at all its unique also it doesnt lose any power turned upside down or sideways or whichever way but the greatest thing about this trimmer it starts on 2 pulls everytime flip the safety switch to run choke it pull and flip the switch to run pull and she runs unless the engine is warm then just flip the safety switch to run and pull the cord but for the price you get a great commercial grade trimmer

Andyshine77
07-01-2010, 06:30 AM
The Dolmar trimmers are awesome. The little MS-22C is light enough to use with one hand, and it's built really well, and it has a solid shaft. I plan on getting one soon. Their trimmers are made by Mitsubishi and Makita Numazu.

I already have a few of their saws.

morgaj1
07-01-2010, 09:53 AM
That is a great looking saw. The 7900 is arguably one of the best saws ever made.

Jims Lawncare
05-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I picked up an 8lb. dolmar weedeater today, used it out around the lawnshops yard and will be buying one at 8 am tomorrow morning when they open. plenty of power for the weekly - bi weekly maintained yards and only 8lbs.

ecurbthims
05-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I used to work on a guys saw,it was a" sachs dolmar " and it was a real nice unit that lasted forever .There was no dealer around here so getting parts was a little tough,probably better situation now though .I think he bought it in germany .

nanook
08-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I would not ever recommend the dolmar weed eater. Expensive and very difficult to start and restart once shut off. Expensive and nothing but trouble. So much for superior German engineering.

bare spot
08-04-2011, 10:44 PM
I picked up an 8lb. dolmar weedeater today, used it out around the lawnshops yard and will be buying one at 8 am tomorrow morning when they open. plenty of power for the weekly - bi weekly maintained yards and only 8lbs.
bought one of these few yrs ago and not sure if it's still the same ( last i looked it was) but like the trimmer head on these trrimmers.

IS500Z
08-04-2011, 11:06 PM
The Dolmar trimmers are awesome. The little MS-22C is light enough to use with one hand, and it's built really well, and it has a solid shaft. I plan on getting one soon. Their trimmers are made by Mitsubishi and Makita Numazu.

I already have a few of their saws.

Great looking Dolmar. I always liked the balance of their larger saws. Wish I could find an excuse to pick one up. One of the local OPE dealers in my area just picked up the line. Thanks for the picture; now you need to get it dirty!

tallguy
09-29-2011, 11:08 PM
The Dolmar trimmers are awesome. The little MS-22C is light enough to use with one hand, and it's built really well, and it has a solid shaft. I plan on getting one soon.

So how did it go with the Dolmar MS-22C or any other models? I wonder how well they stack up against the Kawasaki in particular.