PDA

View Full Version : ok you ztr owners here's a question

drturf
01-19-2000, 03:13 AM
i have a couple of exmark lazers ,1 HP48and a lazer 60 i was wondering how much PSI you guys run in the rear drive tires for the best traction? currently i'm runnning 11lbs psi in all 4 .

Lazer
01-19-2000, 04:59 AM
Ideally, you would run them as soft as possible without having a bulge in the side. This would provide the best traction and ride. 11lb psi would be close.<p>We foam-fill all our tires immediately upon delivery. The firmness may be slightly higher than ideal, but never having a flat tire on a mower is worth it.

Millertime34
01-19-2000, 05:17 AM
We have a Lazer and the owners manual says to put 13 psi in all four. That is what we do. It probably isn't the best as far as traction but I usually follow the owners manual.<p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com

mattingly
01-19-2000, 05:30 AM
Lazer,<br> What kinda foam? I have an Exmark WB that keeps going flat. I think it would be best to foam fill these tires, yes? I also hope exmarks are truly as great as you say I am looking to buy a used ztr here in a month.<br><p>----------<br>Integrated Landscape Solutions<br>Lexington, KY

Lazer
01-19-2000, 05:39 AM
mattingly,<p>We have them foam filled at a local commercial tire distributor. It's a rubberized foam that you can drill a hole thru and not affect tire pressure.<p>BTW: how good did I say eXmarks are? They've got their pro's and con's, but they'll hold their own against any other on the market. The engines have been (by far) the biggest problem with all the eXmarks we've owned.<p>What engine does this mower you're going to get have on it?

drturf
01-19-2000, 09:45 AM
talking about loading tires well i do but not the back ones haven't had any probelms there but ,the fronts well thats a different story i tried foam and that didn't work .then i was talking to a local farmer and he suggested paper well ,i dismounted the two fronts and filled them with paper ,(and i mean filled them)then i put some water in them which also adds some wieght to the front end (great fot hills)then finally pumped them up to 11lbs PSI . i haven't had a flat since . go figure

bdemir
01-19-2000, 05:19 PM
Lazer which engine was the more reliable one for your company.

Lazer
01-19-2000, 06:29 PM
We've had better experience with the Kawasaki's. 22hp liquid and 19hp air. Airfilters and Oil changes only.